It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restricted until 2063

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SanitySearcher
Here's anew site with some interesting info on a possible find tangatawhenua16.wix.com...

That site is blatantly racist, are you trying to prove something ?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

One possible reason is to prevent the location of a vulnerable archaeological site from becoming publicly known and thus subject to looting.

I was thinking that , but for 75 years to hold off archaeological information appears to be a bit of overkill.

Interesting nonetheless. Has the restriction been actually confirmed to be factual and not some ploy to sell books?
edit on 20131America/ChicagoThu, 28 Jan 2016 12:20:39 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

One possible reason is to prevent the location of a vulnerable archaeological site from becoming publicly known and thus subject to looting.

I was thinking that , but for 75 years to hold off archaeological information appears to be a bit of overkill.

Interesting nonetheless. Has the restriction been actually confirmed to be factual and not some ploy to sell books?

Its a claim made by Martin Doutre, who found a 75 year old moratorium pertaining only to certain passages in an archaeological report. The moratorium was lifted in 1996 and the entire report has been available since that time. It was originally censored because it contained the locations of several Maori grave sites
The claims made for the Waipoua Forest being off limits are based on that misunderstanding. The forest is in fact full of public walking tracks and numerous archaeological excavations have been carried out there.

So its basically a conspiracy theory which has been self supporting based on spurious claims.

But of course, the racist agenda of the folk trying to prove that New Zealand used to hold an enormous Celtic culture, will never accept that the Maori have a genuine claim to the land, because they aren't white. The agenda of these people like the agenda in all racist thinking is easily distinguished...

edit on 28-1-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

The moratorium was lifted in 1996 and the entire report has been available since that time. It was originally censored because it contained the locations of several Maori grave sites The claims made for the Waipoua Forest being off limits are based on that misunderstanding.

I will have to follow up but that makes more sense.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Racism is saying one race is superior to another. I don't see where this site says anyone is better than anyone else. It says they are all different and some are more violent but that is not racism my friend, it's fact. It's like you saying ISIS are backward scumbags is a racist statement because they are Syrian or whatever. That would be stupid. Your not stupid, therefore what do you mean?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Marduk: If tall people weren't here before Maori, then what if one day a whole group of skeletons were found that were 7-8' tall. If, and it is an if..how how would you deal with that? I'd like to see your comments because if that site is actually onto something then it will be verified or debunked within two years.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Marduk: If tall people weren't here before Maori, then what if one day a whole group of skeletons were found that were 7-8' tall. If, and it is an if..how how would you deal with that? I'd like to see your comments because if that site is actually onto something then it will be verified or debunked within two years.

I would deal with it with acceptance, I'm not opposed to anything being real, I'm just opposed to fraudulent claims
However, there's no need to deal with something that hasn't happened
The claim was debunked in 1996,

And its racist when you take something from one culture and attribute it to one that didn't exist, because its taking away the culture of the real group, like the claim there on the first page that Maori do not wear human teeth necklaces, which is laughable, because Maori are famous for wearing human teeth necklaces as part of their ancestor worship

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Uranium? Bollocks. It was skeletons and these guys say they will reveal them soon...tangatawhenua16.wix.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SanitySearcher

Yeah and if anyone takes the time to read the whole site they can see it's not racist. I live very close to the caves and can tell you all sorts of strange stuff has been found on this coast. I'm pretty sure the tall ones existed, we will soon see who they were won't we, and no I don't think they were Celtic at all

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: SanitySearcher

Yeah and if anyone takes the time to read the whole site they can see it's not racist. I live very close to the caves and can tell you all sorts of strange stuff has been found on this coast. I'm pretty sure the tall ones existed, we will soon see who they were won't we, and no I don't think they were Celtic at all

Did you just read the OP again and then run to comment. This claim was debunked 20 years ago...
20 years ago...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

a reply to: EA006

Uranium? Bollocks. It was skeletons and these guys say they will reveal them soon...tangatawhenua16.wix.com...

They've been saying that for 20 years
Its racist propaganda

edit on 10-4-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I'd really like to have a beer with you and just chat some day.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I'd really like to have a beer with you and just chat some day.

Just the one

Can I have vodka instead ?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
racist propaganda my arse,it wont change a thing as to who is entitled to anything in this country,its our history has been hidden for some reason.The site also says it doesnt believe doutre and his ideas on celts so no racism there.We will find out soon enough who the skeletons belong to wont we.Read the blog properly ffs

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sure sucks they can find something interesting and keep it for themselves with the stroke of a pen. Probably needed a time frame to haul off anything of importance. I wonder what kind of junk trinkets they'll put in a museum and say thats all there was.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join