It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Earth a prison planet? If not, why aren't we permitted to go out of here?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I just love it when people present circumstantial events like they are proven events then build a theory based on it.

Not to be rude, but that is called a Hypothesis and is perfectly valid method for a foundation of understanding and for building proof upon. I would guess that most of what is called Science today was built on what stated as a hypothesis. If it is good enough for science then it is good enough here.

-MM

HAHA..that is NOT a hypothesis

Yes it is, it might not qualify as a scientific hypothesis which may be what axioms that you tie it to.

-MM

OK, well then MY hypothesis is that we were once ruled bu Osmium eating giant bunny rabbits that pooped Plutonium.

And this has about as much gravitas as your hypothesis

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
As far as the whole planet thing goes, everyone would be a prisoner. Not so much because of our in ability to achieve easy access to space, but more or less the superstitious mind set of being prisoner, where it like believing were in Hell for something.

Any intelligent race capable of interstellar travel, whether peaceful or war bound, could hardly be threatened by the common cold, or our slow impact on venturing out to the final frontier. It would be another few hundred year before they even considered us little league rs in the game called life.
edit on 27-5-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
do "we" honestly think humanity as a total is ready to thread among the Gods? didn't think so...

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What is this quarantine you speak of? The last I checked, the only things keeping us on Earth are our limited technology (which we are improving nevertheless) and economic pissing matches by politicians who think bombing brown people is more important than going to Mars.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kojiro

And to think, it was the planet personified as War in some mythologies.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Earth is the mental institution of the universe. Obviously.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I just love it when people present circumstantial events like they are proven events then build a theory based on it.

Isn't that the way science works?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

We're quite possibly a 'prison planet' until our own science, or more likely our technology makes a significant advance. We're stuck here because we can only travel slowly and getting past the heliosphere of our outer system is a heck of a task already.

In that sense, we need to avoid blaming aliens and look on the bright side! In less than a century we've gone from Whitehead or Wrights (powered flight) all the way to two Voyagers beginning a journey that's taken them out, out, out into the realms of interstellar space. That's a lot of progress in what amounts to three or four generations of human life.

On the downside, current projections suggest it'll be another generation (at least) before we plant a human boot on the Red Planet.

Back on the optimism, a lateral-thinking discovery could accelerate that advance and maybe we'll be using some novel technology to travel further and faster in our lifetimes? I hope so. I also hope that the problems of interstellar travel are overcome or we'll be chained to this solar system indefinitely.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
We essentially are captivated but by our own people, hearing that there is a "Budget" to our advancement spells it all. Prisoners to money, an unnecessary controlling entity.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

well...the Americans have apparently been to the Moon...

And that was a long time ago....makes you wonder
Technology is exponential and yet when was the last time we went back? We should have had bases outside this solar system with permanent human populations by now.
Tie this in with population reduction and eugenics by the sicko elites and you start to think maybe they know something we don't.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

Remember what I said about bombing brown people. That's where the priorities lie now.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kojiro
There is an absolute insanity on this planet, it's a mental asylum and the craziest of the crazy run it.
We can point at the TPTB but our own passivity lets it happen.
Humanity is one entity separated into fragments and so we are only as spiritually rich as the most morally bankrupt of us.
What we must look like to an outside force is a race that needs to be quarantined for the sake of everybody.
Mass murdering human life by the military industrial complex to make money as we sit passively back and as a collective care more about Bruce Jenner.
My belief is we are quarantined but there is no tangible proof.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach
And that was a long time ago....makes you wonder
Technology is exponential and yet when was the last time we went back? We should have had bases outside this solar system with permanent human populations by now.

Why?

Tie this in with population reduction and eugenics by the sicko elites and you start to think maybe they know something we don't.

Population reduction? What population reduction? In case you hadn't noticed, the global population has continually increased, at a rather steady rate. If anyone is doing any "population reduction", they're doing a piss poor job of it.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Have you considered that we HAVEN'T been visited, and therefore no actual opportunity to leave?

And what about Voyager 1? It's been heading out into deep space for nearly 40 years

Your god dam funny. Have you considered the technology hasn't been advancing since the Cold War? If Stalin was still alive we be hitting space fast because the Soviets would need to be shooting down American/NATO satellites.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Your god dam funny. Have you considered the technology hasn't been advancing since the Cold War?

That would be a rather silly thing to consider, as it obviously isn't true.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

No, I simply think it's because the idiots in charge have their heads stuck up their rears and can't see past their own racist insecurities and greed for oil.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I really liked the fictional OP...play along with it folks...or may I suggest participating in something else more serious to your liking...

There was a recent thread in the Space Exploration section that received a lot of attention...I see similarities between both threads. So OP don't get down, you are not the first person to come up with this idea.

A lot of people shoot down the Ancient Alien Theory as it discredits mankind's abilities...also where is actual "alien" evidence...but why would there be any "alien" residue or footprints left behind? Don't you think the visiting ET's would be pretty human like if they did in fact live on Earth and help build the earliest civilizations? I don't know, but I'm not biased towards one way or the other.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: makemap
Your god dam funny. Have you considered the technology hasn't been advancing since the Cold War?

That would be a rather silly thing to consider, as it obviously isn't true.

Why do you think Americans don't know history? You better start researching before you talk back like that. Heck this western generation totally forgot about the Boxer Rebellion about China. Even then the Soviets were the first to get a man in space. Satellites were like new in the Cold War and the Soviets knew about it. They are nothing but outdated in this age. US were about to put nuclear satellites in space during Cold War. So Soviets will need to counter measure that technology. That would've leave one option Space Race fast.

en.wikipedia.org...

The whole Space Race got completely stalled or stop when Soviet Union fell apart. There was no longer a need to Space Race for US and that was a complete big mistake.

If you think about it, Corporations own us now rather than the US have any control of anything.
edit on 27-5-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

we couldn't make the tech leap after WW2 without assistance from outside. Von Brown, when asked how it was possible to make that progress so fast (first in Germany, then in USA), he nodded at a book about Aliens in his library, and said: because of Them.

Hyperdrives are studied officially, and perhaps made in secret.

Visits are registered, and one needs to be very presumptions to reject all of the stories online.

But we the population are still kept tightly inside. Even if some of us do travel, they are kept under silence. Or as some say, in a Breakaway civilization pretty much isolated from the rest. Well I don't know the whole story.

About the Moon, it couldn't possibly happen without mighty assistance from outside. (the Lunar Module didn't have enough fuel to lift off the lunar surface with gravity 1/8 of the earth's.) And it didn't break up the quarantine. Selected humans were taken to the Moon, took samples, and were taken back home to the prison planet that serves its functions already 5000 years after the Flood.

These days is the next UFO congress in Arizona. Many things have been said in the past. The point is, despite we know much from scifi in 1970s-1990s and from more official insider leaks since 2000, we are still down here. I hope that embargo or quarantine ends. The more people get to know the better.

Finally, the galactic observers (or you call them) are not merciless monsters, they follow human development including on individual level. Hope the trial or the experiment with homo sapience have come to an end, and the next level of the game is about to start.
edit on 28-5-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

Isn't that the way science works?

Maybe so, but the theories based around the hypothesis are backed up by proof and are open to correctrion by anyone and.

Its so sad that so many people dont seem to grasp how science works.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join