It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesty: Hamas committed war crimes against Gaza civilians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Well, color me surprised... (((I look good in green))).

Is anyone surprised to hear this? Really?

I can't help but notice the posts pointing out Israeli malfeasance... I thought the thread was about Hamas?

Any Israeli wrongdoing trumps wrongdoing by Hamas? Honestly?

How about both sides are a bunch of murdering thugs.

Because it's hard to have a discussion about one when ignoring the others role in the circumstances. It's a case of taking context rather than taking sides.

Israel invades Palestine, steals land and blockade basic goods so Palestinians elect terrorists who attack Israel and commit other abuses, so Israel elect more terrorists strike back and the palestinians vote for more extreme terrorists strike back again ad infinitum.

Both are destined for a downward spiral due to being thugs as you say and have proven they can't play nice; but neither will resolve until international law starts being applied to both instead of being ignored.
edit on 2-6-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is no surprise or nothing new. We know that Hamas is terrorists, bullies and thugs. But that also doesn't excuse what Israel does and how many people and children they kill. It's even more sickening with Israel because they are a democracy and they have been persecuted and they are supposed to take the moral high ground in that area, yet they don't.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
This is no surprise or nothing new. We know that Hamas is terrorists, bullies and thugs. But that also doesn't excuse what Israel does and how many people and children they kill. It's even more sickening with Israel because they are a democracy and they have been persecuted and they are supposed to take the moral high ground in that area, yet they don't.

Agreed. I'm as sorry for Israelis as I am Palestinians for being victims caught up in this mess, but this is war and sadly it's no surprise Hamas have committed such atrocities when they're trying to fight an enemy much more powerful,and developed than them with relatively speaking primitive, brutal means.

Obviously this in no way excuses this brutality and a full investigation needs to be launched and applied to the full extent of the law to help break the cycle.

As Gaza continues to deteriorate into more chaos events like this will sadly become more common in my option.
edit on 2-6-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Of course it doesn't excuse the behaviour.

Few would say it does.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Who exactly defends Hamas? Ive never seen that happen. People defend the Palestinian people, pretty sure everyone kind of knows that neither the idf or Hamas are any good.

I wish that was true.
Stick around this forum for a while and you will see many who will describe Hamas as freedom fighters that only want to protect the Palestinians from the evil Zionists.
The subject of this post is a report that refers to the 2014 Israel–Gaza conflict, which took place almost a year ago. Try looking at some posts from that period of time and you will find many who will refer to Hamas terrorists as "brave warriors".
Even in this post you see some who cry and whine about Israel/Zionists/Jews/Mosad instead of just acknowledging that both sides are doing bad things.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

the correct analogy might be the crowns' giving the charter rights to colonize to certain people(s)
who over time, in the aggregate, ended up with eretz amerika

please note:
conditions on the rez/palistien
and that
patriot white is the new red
just look where the money goes

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join