It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesty: Hamas committed war crimes against Gaza civilians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
What does this even mean?
Israel is a country. Palestine is a geographic region in which Israel is located. How one can invade the other, is beyond me...

Ignoring history facts to fit your agenda, is not worth of any discussion..

The Basel Declaration from the first Zionist congress held in August 1897 stated:

Zionism aims at establishing for the Jewish people a publicly and legally assured home in Palestine.

Theodor Herzl wrote in his diary (September 1, 1897):

Were I to sum up the Basel Congress in a word - which I shall guard against pronouncing publicly - it would be this: At Basel I founded the Jewish State.If I said this out loud today l would be greeted by universal laughter. In five years perhaps, and certainly in fifty years, everyone will perceive it

With that declaration, the Zionists plotted to take over the nation of one people and offer it to the people of many nations.

At the time of that Basel Conference of 1897, 95% of the population of Palestine were Palestinian Arabs and 99% of its land was Arab owned.

This fact was excluded from the thinking of the Zionist leadership at the time and was memorably reflected in Golda Meir’s famous statement:

There was no such thing as a Palestinian people…it was not as though there was a Palestinian people considering itself as a Palestinian people and we came and threw them out and took their country away from them. They did not exist

Israel did not even exist before May 1948. That so-called State has neither recognised boundaries nor a national constitution.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Your debate is with Wikipedia, not me.

Palestine is a geographic region.

The State of Israel, is a country.

In the first link you will find the following:

The British were formally awarded the mandate to govern the region in 1922. The non-Jewish Palestinians revolted in 1920, 1929, and 1936. In 1947, following World War II and The Holocaust, the British Government announced its desire to terminate the Mandate, and the United Nations General Assembly adopted in November 1947 a Resolution 181(II) recommending partition into an Arab state, a Jewish state and the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem. The Jewish leadership accepted the proposal, but the Arab Higher Committee rejected it; a civil war began immediately after the Resolution's adoption. The State of Israel was declared in May 1948

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

How one can invade the other, is beyond me...

Sure!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

a reply to: voyger2

Your debate is with Wikipedia, not me.

Palestine is a geographic region.

The State of Israel, is a country.

In the first link you will find the following:

The British were formally awarded the mandate to govern the region in 1922. The non-Jewish Palestinians revolted in 1920, 1929, and 1936. In 1947, following World War II and The Holocaust, the British Government announced its desire to terminate the Mandate, and the United Nations General Assembly adopted in November 1947 a Resolution 181(II) recommending partition into an Arab state, a Jewish state and the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem. The Jewish leadership accepted the proposal, but the Arab Higher Committee rejected it; a civil war began immediately after the Resolution's adoption. The State of Israel was declared in May 1948

This is the Palestinian Wiki page...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

The country.

You're in denial fella.
edit on 27-5-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
No surprise here.

Hamas are the toughest thugs in that prison we call Palestine.

What do you expect from people incarcerated like animals and treated like savages ?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Keep cheering for the freedom fighters...

Isn't it sad how some call these sorts of people heroes or "freedom fighters"?

Oh, wait....In our own country, we have troops that stroll across the globe kidnapping, killing, torturing and a long list of other unmentionables, yet we call them patriots, heroes that fight for freedom and role models for other Americans.

Indeed. Let's keep cheering for the freedom fighters.............

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hamas are scums, no different from the Likud.

Some ATS usual suspects are hilarious, always the same ol'song. ...

Find me just one post of any member defending Hamas?
You'll never find one, because I doubt anyone is dumb enough to defend them.
As much as they are criminals and don't represent the Palestinians, doesn't change the reality of the zionist regime being guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Oh sorry, I didn't know that this is what you meant when you said: "Hamas didn't exist until Israel invaded Palestine"

It's not that I'm in denial, I just didn't understand that you meant "Hamas didn't exist until Israel invaded Palestine, the state which independence was declared on 15 November 1988" that's all. If I knew that I would address your statement in a completely different way.
For example: Hamas existed long before November 1988. So how can it be created by the invasion into a country which didn't existed?
Another one: Israel hardly invaded anything since 1988. On the contrary, Israel withdrew from Gaza.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Avicenne

As much as they are criminals and don't represent the Palestinians, doesn't change the reality of the zionist regime being guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Can't argue with that.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lgbtlivesmatter
a reply to: MALBOSIA

What's this have to do with Israel

I see Palestinian and Hamas supporters always loved amnesty international , that is until they come out with something that hurts the public view of their " Hamas people's army"

No offense but that proves you're agenda driven and not truth driven

Stand in principles not ideals

Nothing in your post exists in mine and you claim proof? I think you are a little quick on the trigger there sparky.

I expect more from Israel than I do from HAMAS. Do we disagree there? Your using my lack of support for Israel as proof of my support for HAMAS?

My Agenda is to see Palestine exist as it did before Israel invaded. Palestinian lives matter just as much as LGBT, or do you dissagree?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

If you really believed all that then your first reaction shouldn't have been " but but but Israel!"

The first lines out of your post were about Israel.

Not the thugs called Hamas killing their own people

You aren't fooling anyone trying to obfuscate, and turn it back on me

If you really believe their lives matter then why is your first reaction "Israel" instead of the OP post about what Amnesty international found about Hamas?

Again stand on principle instead of ideals

edit on 27-5-2015 by Lgbtlivesmatter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

LGBT - lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender? Seriously, what does it mean?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lgbtlivesmatter

If you really believed all that then your first reaction shouldn't have been " but but but Israel!"

The first lines out of your post were about Israel.

Not the thugs called Hamas killing their own people

You aren't fooling anyone trying to obfuscate, and turn it back on me

If you really believe their lives matter then why is your first reaction "Israel" instead of the OP post about what Amnesty international found about Hamas?

Again stand on principle instead of ideals

You dont decide what I meant or what I should have said.

My Ideals are simple. Don't murder people and steal their land. You dissagree?
edit on 27-5-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

LGBT - lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender? Seriously, what does it mean?

Who was I reaponding to when I said that?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

From the start.

In the grand plan from 1897 - 1947

The Basle Programme; Illegal Jewish immigration; Zionist Leaders and the German Government WWI; Framing The Balfour Declaration 1917; Britain’s Part in Arming the Hagana; Jewish National Fund’s Land Acquisitions; Britain’s failings in safeguarding its Mandate; The Zionist Biltmore Programme May 1942; The Zionist Military Machine; Plotting UN Resolution 181; Pressure Politics on Britain and the US;

Now zoom in to UN resolution 181, between 1947-1948.

On the 23rd day of September 1947, the General Assembly assigned the question of partitioning of Palestine to its Ad Hoc Committee.

Just in 2 months record time, on 25 November 1947, it was presented the final draft of the partition resolution: Resolution 181.

For a draft resolution to become an official one, UN procedures required a two-third majority of its ad hoc committee. As two votes were lacking for such a majority, the draft was handed to the General Assembly. Both Zionist and Arab delegations were now in a race against time.

"Zionist politicians did not waste time to recruit and lobby wavering delegates. The French altered their position from abstention to supporting the resolution; Liberia, as a result of economic promises, offered support; the direct lobbying of President Truman and pro-Zionist senators and congressmen secured the votes of 12 out of 20 Latin American countries."

"On Saturday morning, 29 November 1947, and against the will of the Palestinian people, the General Assembly in New York voted for the partition of Palestine and accepted Resolution 181. It was supported by 33 votes with 13 opposed and 10 abstentions."
votes

“Palestine was thus divided into 3 parts: a Jewish part, a Palestinian part and an internationally administered zone to include the city of Jerusalem as a Corpus Separatum to be administered by the United Nations. After 10 years, a referendum would be held to seek the views of the city’s residents. Today, that Referendum is dead history."

“The Arab League rejected the plan to partition Palestine by any outside power. The stage was thus set for the Zionists to make their dream a reality."

"The Palestinians rebelled as the Zionist underground forces attacked Palestinian villages and towns in order to secure more than their portion of Palestine allocated to them by the Partition Plan.”

The Hagana and Irgun terrorist groups initiated the following military operations within the framework of Plan Dalet between 1 April 1948 – 15 May 1948 employing over 27,000 well armed men and women: Operation Nachshon, Operation Harel, Operation Misparayim (Haifa), Operation Chametz, Operation Jevussi, Operation Yiftagh, Operation Matateh, Operation Maccabi, Operation Gideon, Operation barak, Operation Ben Ami, Operation Pitchfork and Operation Schfifon (Jerusalem).

"The Jewish forces exerted all military efforts to achieve maximum land gains as the British prepared to end their Mandate in Palestine.”

"On the afternoon of May 14, 1948 the Jewish State of Israel was proclaimed just as the Sabbath began at sunset that day. At 6:11pm Washington time, U.S. President Harry Truman authorized the recognition of Israel."
"The British mandate ended the next day on 15th May 1948 at noon. Palestine was not only partitioned. It was destroyed."

Herzl’s prediction to establish a Jewish State in Palestine within 50 years was missed by only 1 year."

Zoom out.
Then we have to study the Israel expansion and aggression against Palestinians, between The Origins and Evolution of the Palestine Problem: 1917-1988 - PART II 1947-1977

"An intricate and determined programme of ethnic cleansing at all levels of society and with all forms of suppression continues until this day against the Palestinian people inside Israel and within the Occupied Palestinian Territories:

- the construction of illegal Jewish settlements and their exclusive network of roads and highways that connects them,
- the building of the prison Wall robbing more Palestinians of their land and cutting off communities from their farms and groves,
- the demolition of Palestinian homes and the uprooting of olive trees,
- the forced evictions, the destruction of essential civilian infrastructure such as water supply and sanitation,
- the segregationist ‘legal’ system that favours Jews over Palestinians, the arbitrary arrests and detentions of civilians and their elected leaders and, to crown it all, the flagrant and consistent Israeli violations of International Law and all UN Resolutions. "

source

edit on 27/5/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Whole thread is off topic. The usual "but Israel". W none of them addressing the OP or the articles findings Malibosa being chief among them. Yet to say anything about the op

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well, color me surprised... (((I look good in green))).

Is anyone surprised to hear this? Really?

I can't help but notice the posts pointing out Israeli malfeasance... I thought the thread was about Hamas?

Any Israeli wrongdoing trumps wrongdoing by Hamas? Honestly?

How about both sides are a bunch of murdering thugs.

edit on 5/27/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Please stick to the topic and remember that members are never the topic.

Do not reply to this post.

Thanks

Blaine91555

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The country.

No it's a state...there is a difference.

The US is a country, but Washington is a state.

Israel is a country, Palestine is a state.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Guess they shouldn't have elected THEM as their government then.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join