It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Requiem (may you all R.I.P) of a Ticked Off Indian!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualKat33
a reply to: thesaneone

Okay. I will build that bridge and then you can go jump off it!

Hopefully there will be some (fire) water for me to jump into.

I bet your not even an Indian.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Lysergic

Very well thought out response! No. I wasn't alive back then. Just out of curiosity, are you a religious person or did you go to school and get force fed history lessons? How much truth do you think is in the Bible? How much of what you were taught in school do believe is the truth?

No, Zero, what school? Public school or private?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

Sorry my dear, but you're wasting your time trying to promote compassion and humanitarianism on ATS.

It's an exercise in futility around this place.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Sorry my dear, but you're wasting your time trying to promote compassion and humanitarianism on ATS.

It's an exercise in futility around this place.

Hard to be compassionate when the op started calling white people names.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Well, here's the thing...

Some people are able to catch the gist of what someone is trying to say, and some people not so much.

Cherrypicking has a tendency to cause a loss of the overall context of the intended message. Whereas, stepping back and reading the post from a bird's eyeview first, gives one a better chance at grasping the original intent of said post (even when the post has a number of erroneous connotations) without the need for a sidetracked confrontation.

For those that miss the context, out comes the boxing gloves.

Meh... It's just the way the ball bounces around this place.

No sweat off my brow.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You will need to take that up with the aliens that took your dna and created us!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Okay quit calling me OP! That is racist. Of course you decided to fixate on a word instead of actually paying attention to what was written. This is not my first rodeo, I have seen your type all over the www and guess what, I will still try to educate those same people as to the hypocrisy that surrounds us daily. Quit crying about a supposed racist slant I used, it was over-exaggerated and beat all to hell...it was also censored unnecessarily because quite frankly the term I used is very tame. Never the less I did not cry about it when they boobooed me. I had a statement to make, I made it and I stand by my sentiment, to use a phrase others have used to me that I try very hard to ignore and not use myself, but here it goes...get over it!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

My humble opinion only...

...a rant like that is hardly conducive to promotion of compassion/humanitarianism. Calling people hypocrites tends to raise hackles, rather than conscience.

Just sayin'.
edit on 5/27/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The mistake the OP made was using sarcasm to try to drive their point home. He/she was trying to mirror the sort of things that get said about immigrants... but it all got lost in translation.

The reason why this is usually a mistake on ATS is because most people tend to read posts with a magnifying glass rather than a panoramic view thereby causing them to miss the bigger picture.

Thus, the context gets lost and the fight ensues.

Just my two pence.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Actually, no. It was not and is not a waste of time if I get one person to get it. Besides, even if I don't get that one person I have me to think of. It was very cathartic for my own psyche to get this off my chest in some form or another, sure, maybe I didn't have to throw all the white people under the bus in doing so, but I can and will because I am white and the child of immigrants that were affected by the war. I have every right to speak on this subject and I will and do care about how this land was taken from the Indians, you see, my ancestors had their land taken from them 1000's of years ago and they were not Indians, but they had to fight to get their land back.

Our history books only tell the story from a white perspective and it is the same history books we were expected to take test on and it was all a pack of lies. The history of America is based on lies. They even pretend Columbus discovered it in 1492. Sure he did, he discovered it because he had no idea that someone else had before him. Or did he? And they just conveniently forgot? Any way it is what it is, the truth is very difficult for those to accept because doing so calls into question their own integrity and the ability to look themselves in the face and admit that there were and have been since many times where the white man has taken advantage of less fortunate.
edit on 5 27 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: OCD...obsessive cat disorder!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I still don't see what this has to do with Indians. Last time I checked they are migrating to the American continent too. And if were not careful they'll buy up every single 7-11 there is.

Now if this OP was about Native Americans instead of Indians then I might agree with you.

Also, Columbus was a putz. No argument there.

But if you're going to be pissed about a ethnic group being discriminated against at least get the group right. Indians? Indians are from India, you know on the Asian Continent. Native Americans came here from Asia too but they aren't Indians. Oh and they weren't native.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Explain how calling you op is racist?

Do you know what a op is? I bet you are 15.
edit on 27-5-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

And you call yourself thesaneone? You do not know sarcasm? Wow way to dig in, and I suppose you just want the last word, huh! To bad so sad nanananananananana!

edit on 5 27 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: To add a parting gift!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The original Europeans who came to America were not immigrants they were settlers. Know the difference.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I notice you keep ignoring the glaring issue I brought up with your OP.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thanks for your contribution here!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

So you're not even native American??? Rationalize it all you want but this just makes you a liar and a fake. Reading your OP you totally imply that you are of native heritage. But now you admit you're actually upset because of a totally unrelated event that happened to your ancestors a 1000 years ago that you think is similar. This makes you some kind of fellow kinship of the Native American People now???

Give me a break.....Who bothers to lie in a Rant forum post??? What's the point??? You have zero credibility and now I think I know why your ancestors were also conquered too.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Night Star

. . . The hypocrisy of the process on who is allowed to stay and who must go is judged by those that claim to be here legally, . . . but they still took the land from the native Indians in the process . . .

It seems the Natives claims to the land were based on first discovery and conquest of war. When the Europeans arrived and planted flags, it was their legal procedure to claim an unclaimed land. If any native had questioned the flag and disputed ownership during a certain amount of time, the Europeans would then have to take other legal avenues like contracts, land purchases, etc., or move on to other lands. If it came down to a battle, then to the victor belongs the spoils, ownership by conquest - might makes right. It seems to me that regardless of the language and cultural differences, there was a common understanding regarding such basic realities of who owns what.
edit on 27-5-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: finished post

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well we got no choice
All the girls and boys
Makin all that noise
'Cause they found new toys
Well we can't salute ya
Can't find a flag
If that don't suit ya
That's a drag
School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's been blown to pieces
No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks
Well we got no class
And we got no principles
And we got no innocence
We can't even think of a word that rhymes
School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's been blown to pieces
No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks
Out for summer
Out till fall
We might not go back at all
School's out forever
School's out for summer
School's out with fever
School's out completely

edit on 27-5-2015 by Lysergic because: audio

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

a reply to: DeadSeraph

I didn't write a racist rant, sorry to disappoint you. I wrote an apology to all the Indians who we stole their land from. Canada, huh? That explains a lot!

so the term "honky" isn't a derogatory and racist term? Funny how that works.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join