It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unified Theory of Religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
And yet you believe and can tell us all with certainty that he would create different sets of laws for different sets of people, and that it might just have something to do with DNA. From this I can only infer that you're correct in your assumption that God has a sense of humor, and that you got a healthy piece of it.

You're saying that our thinking and behavior having no bearing on God, just after stating that he draws up different laws for people, just illustrates the kind of contradiction that is the folly of religion.

Why is it then, that we must constantly check our behavior, and the behavior of others against our own renditions of God's law? I think it serves no other purpose than to claim superiority over others. I DO believe that if there were a God that he would be affected or changed in no way by our thinking and behavior. This is only logical.

But when Moses and others proclaimed that God had "chosen" the Jews over other people, and that laws must be adhered to in order for their "enemies" to be driven from their lands, this suggests that our thinking and our behavior does indeed effect God's.

When the Pope calls for one and two and three Crusades against the infidels, and says it's OK for the infidels living at home to be burned to death, and that it is the will is God's will, and the grace is God's grace, and refuses to apologize later for such stupidity, well, then I say they have no God. Oh, but they did just apologize to the Knights Templar for labeling them so that they could steal all the money in their banks. Hmmm... Yeah, no God that I see.

And this is the part that is crap. This is the human rendition of God, and is the reason why I cannot believe any of it. If you believe in the doctrine, if you believe in the dogma, then you believe in the history, and accept in it's wrongness; your ears and deeds are hanging on the words and works of men. And if so, I hope for the sake of those who do, that there is no God, because you should be unpleasantly suprised at the time of death to find the consequense of being lied to for so long, and blindly accepting.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i think god gave 3 prophets to the world, one after other, moses (musa) jesus(isa) and muhanmed. all three religions have books. with all stating that there is one god and there is hell and heaven.

i think to have one religion for all three would be crazy as, christians will always believe that jesus is son of god, and muhanmed didnt exist or was a evil man.

i as a muslim, think muslim is more correct than others. i have one question

is jesus was son of god, why did god let him die the way he did.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Why is it then, that we must constantly check our behavior, and the behavior of others against our own renditions of God's law?

His long-term preferences are designed to maximize longevity, sanctity and peace. We're learning to compare our own effects--in terms of Good or Bad--against His long-term preferences.

Paradoxes and double-binds are part and parcel of the curriculum. Cause-and-effect is a process that is jam-packed with sidebars and distractions.

We seem to get into enough trouble, that He doesn't need to punish us at all. We do that to ourselves.

Methinks.

My opinion and $2.50 will get a cup of Starbucks coffee. But that's where I'm AT.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Never end a sentence with a preposition.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i think the greatest test mankind faced was to have different religions and beliefs and different people follwoing them...and to see if we could get along...we have sadly failed......! religion separates us, instead of binding. they all have the same message, they are just in presented in different ways.........sad but true....

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
Akbar (an emperor in Mughal times in India) did actually try meshing Christianity, Islams and Judaism. He called a conference of holy people from all these religions. They all fell about fighting and bickering over minor differences in their religions. The whole idea was blown to pieces when Akbar said that he wanted to be worshipped as the Prophet of God.

Actually mainly Islam and Hinduism . Actually he did create a religion that was the middle ground of the two, but it died along with him.

I have no idea where the conference and Akbar's quote came from.

Surf

top topics

<< 1   >>

join