It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerbal space Program: review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I saw this game on ATS so I decided to giver a try...

Its actually fantastically hard, and a lot of fun... Career mode is a little silly if you don't know what you're doing, but as I learn about the parts and the physics of the game I can see the value in it.

Personally I prefer classic career mode. There's no risk of going broke if you happen to run into a disaster or two while in space

I would like to see some things in the future of the game...

It would be great if you could build a base on other planets or even on the home planet...

Multiplayer would be amazing as well... IF they expanded the game to new galaxies players could have their own home world or base

Anyways... really starting to love this game

Highly recommended for anyone thinking of trying it... the learning curve is pretty big but once you get the hang of space travel, and actually landing your ship its a lot of fun!

Im currently trying to figure out how to rescue two kerbalnaughts stranded on the mun... I landed the first recue attempt but lacked the fuel to take off afterwords

Poor guys... the first one has been up there for about 4 years! LOL

Good thing they don't need oxygen

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Haha great game once u gt the hang of it!!
ahhhh memories of crashing into the moon

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Good job on your First Mun landing , and congrats on getting the game , this is a game i would recommend to anyone who really likes a challenge in terms of gaming.

It would be great if you could build a base on other planets or even on the home planet...

There are mods for this , just about anything you can think of there is a mod for , kerballstuff.com or cursegaming is your friend. easy to install , be sure to make a back up before adding mods , too many mods installed might crash the game on computers with a low CPU.

You know after a while i did not really cared a lot about rockets anymore , for me the game became more about setting up logistical infrastructure on different planets and moons to extract resources wich i could convert to different types of fuel , so i would pump this material up from a moon wich has low gravity , because of the low gravity i could use crafts to get the resources to the bigger refinery orbiting the mun , pump it into the station and later send large fuel rigs on interplanetary missions.

Only the sun in the game is the limit and they probably got mods for that too

Edit: look up Scott Manley on YouTube , he is the boss , whatever you want to learn about the game he probably got a video about it.

edit on 26-5-2015 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I believe that the developers have plans to create more planets, moons, and possible travel to other solar systems. The physics engine got an over haul when the game left beta and went full release. It's much more difficult than it use to be, but A LOT of fun. I've got around 130+ hours into the game, and have yet to make it to some of the outer planets and their moons.

I highly recommend this game as well. I'd also recommend two mods: MechJeb and KAS (Kerbal Attachment System). KAS adds a whole new dynamic to the game by making EVA's while in orbit useful. You can store parts in containers that can be placed in cargo bays and attach, repair, and replace parts while in orbit using that mod.

There is also a mod, can't think of the name of it, that adds life support systems to the game. So oxygen, food, water, etc all has to be planned for during longer missions.
edit on 5/26/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I've got around 130+ hours into the game, and have yet to make it to some of the outer planets and their moons.

I have about 35 hours in the game and it feels like I've barley gotten anywhere, atleast in terms of getting to other planets. Playing on Science mode, and I've flown around the home planet, the mun, and somehow managed to get to Minmus. Took nearly an hour to get there and back. Didnt land on Minmus yet though, not sure if I have the right equipment unlocked to land successfully yet.

I'd also recommend two mods: MechJeb and KAS (Kerbal Attachment System). KAS adds a whole new dynamic to the game by making EVA's while in orbit useful. You can store parts in containers that can be placed in cargo bays and attach, repair, and replace parts while in orbit using that mod.

So far I've only been using the Chatter mod. Those 2 mods mentioned though seem like great additions. I'll try to remember to pick them up next time I play.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

This is essentially my all purpose craft:

That will make it to the Mun, Minmus, and any missions requiring landing or rescuing Kerbals near Kerbal. If I want to take it to Duna or anything outside. I use heavier rockets to get it into orbit, and replace the engines in the picture with nuclear engines. You just have to make sure you can redock once you lift off from Duna so that you can make it back to Kerbal.

I've been working on a SSTO, but that's insanely difficult.

edit on 5/26/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join