It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet cat cloned for 50 000$ US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
"The first cloned-to-order pet sold in the United States has been delivered to a Texas woman, who paid $50,000 US to have a kitten created from the DNA of her dead cat."

www.cbc.ca...

I think she is too disturbed by the death of her cat. Its not her cat, its a clone. a coloured shell. She thinks its the same,because it is the same. On the outside.

That cat will probably never have the same personality, even if she does insist that it does.

"For $50,000, she could have provided homes for a lot of strays."

So why didnt she provide these homes? We cant hold on to something that has left us.

It will only torment us more.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I agree. She should have used the money to help other strays. I mean for what, $600 she could have had it stuffed, then it would be the same cat.

Seriously, I wonder if the clone will live as long as the original? Haven't clones of sheep and other animals had problems in the past?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
youre right. Cloned animals are prone to having an unstable genetic structure.

read the article, it even says so.

This could be the start of something bigger than ressurecting lost pets.
Im sure the military would want in on this, big time.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
People never cease to amaze me,thats a bit selfish to spend all that money on trying to replicate 1 animal,as youve said practically 100,000's of cats could have been looked after with that amount of money....and i think its still wrong to play god?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
no body is playin god in here, they r getting closer 2 god, if there is a perfect god, then god wanted clone to be, and god wanted human to figure it out, this is a big step for world of science, maybe this will distroy our universe, but after all its a cool and scary
lol good Work

new topics

top topics

join