It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: IRS Hacked!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

I had people that had nothing to do with the government steal my personal information and use it to try to get credit cards, and buy trips that I would have wound up paying for, if my credit didn't suck.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I understand this happens alot. I work in a field where fraud happens quite frequently.

But when it comes to IRS and those with the big cheese, it's Strang eto me, over 100K accounts can get accessed so easily.

It's too easy for them to give the public a report with the "unknown bad guys" and call them things such as thieves..

Too much weirdness. . and if we believe everything they say, we are gullible. I'm one of those against the grain types, until I can be smoothed out

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
This is probably unrelated but, it speaks to the question above "I wonder if another site was hacked and that's how they got the info"...or something like that (apologies for the butcher job!).
I received an email this morning on my work account when I got there confirming a purchase and a shipment from Amazon. Rather, it was asking me to confirm. Of course, I didn't place any order. I clicked link and it was some "strange" website but, had apparently expired.
I emailed Amazon and changed my password. They gave me the usual (very quick response time though) don't click links, we're investigating, this didn't come from us, etc, etc...
If amazon were hacked maybe that's how they could have gotten some of that info?

Not saying I'm directly involved in any way. I'm not expecting anything from the IRS and If someone tries theft of my identity, they are in for a few surprises...good luck with that!

Don't click links in email and make sure your email client isn't displaying html or "loading images".
edit on 26-5-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

I don't believe everything they say, but the IRS is a gold mine for identity thieves, that I'm sure they've wanted to access for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if the IRS faked a hack to keep from having to send out returns on time, but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if someone really did hack them and steal all this information.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I wonder if this is a boost for companies that monitor security like life lock, I bet people will be running to sign in to get their identity secure, heck even my husband just talk about that.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I will know if our return is not in the bank by tomorrow night.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
No crime has been committed.

How can a crime be committed if a thief steals from a thief?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Beezzer, you anarchist, do you always have to point to the obvious?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Do the hackers have to file this coming year?

And what would their tax bracket be?
edit on 26-5-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
i havent filed taxes in over 15 years

and neither should you

this would stop all these problems in their tracks

dont file and dont worry

ez

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
An Internal Revenue Service that does not exist can never be hacked.

This crud agency should go the way of the dodo.

If this was to happen the country would collapse overnight........It is what it is. I do think we have an out of control corporate Oligarchy running this country but I also see a need for some taxation. We need a national defense and infrastructure and many other needed services.

Now the amount we are taxed is out of control and will continue to rise as the country dips into poverty slowly over time as inflation eats away wealth and places into fewer and fewer households.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I see what you did there.

Second line.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19385212]IAMTAT[/poste

Meh, what are the hackers going to do? Feel sorry for me and deposit money into my account?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

My husband and I did that for 5 years and we got audited.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Why can't someone hack the IRS and delete debts. Come on hackers... at least do something productive that people can actually cheer for.

Because it was ISIS. They are using your credit to buy nukes from Assad, who got them from Iran delivered by Russia.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Ha, sadly most hackers are nothing but kids, the last time my bank card was hacked (happen three times in one year), the hackers tried to buy tires and music equipment oversea.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
If this was to happen the country would collapse overnight........It is what it is. I do think we have an out of control corporate Oligarchy running this country but I also see a need for some taxation. We need a national defense and infrastructure and many other needed services.

Now the amount we are taxed is out of control and will continue to rise as the country dips into poverty slowly over time as inflation eats away wealth and places into fewer and fewer households.

I want you to think about whether we collected taxes prior to the Internal Revenue Service or not.

If you realize that we did then there is nothing to panic about. This corrupt agency is not worth salvaging.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

the thieves cleared a security screen that required knowledge about the taxpayer, including Social Security number, date of birth, tax filing status and street address.

Wonder if they used info from a previous hacked site in order to pass security. Although truth isn't always a strong point with government info release so some might have just hacked on in bypassing the security.

-IRS is saying data from other sites was used
-traced to Russia

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
An Internal Revenue Service that does not exist can never be hacked.

This crud agency should go the way of the dodo.

The only way to create a progressive taxation system on sales tax is to charge taxes on a sliding scale based on the price of an item. A $10 blanket has a 10% tax but a $50 blanket has a 35% tax, similarly a $15,000 car has 10% but a $100,000 car has a 40% tax.

Unfortunately, you then need an office that classifies every item, the price scale, and taxes. Ultimately it just ends up being another IRS.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The only way to create a progressive taxation system on sales tax is to charge taxes on a sliding scale based on the price of an item. A $10 blanket has a 10% tax but a $50 blanket has a 35% tax, similarly a $15,000 car has 10% but a $100,000 car has a 40% tax.

Unfortunately, you then need an office that classifies every item, the price scale, and taxes. Ultimately it just ends up being another IRS.

Which is why a straight flat or consumption tax tied to GDP as a limiter is the only method to prevent the growth and necessity of an abhorrent agency like the one we are discussing.

Additionally, the dollar needs to be relinked to gold and a basket of other commodities.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join