It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theorist Nut or Someone Who Just Asks Questions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I am posting here today, as I am fed up of being label a conspiracy theorist and a nut.

I just ask questions, I don't believe everything I see, read or hear and take it as the truth. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things I do believe, in the this world that we close ourselves in on (ATS, Conspiracies and the like) we can have a habit of going too far the other way and questioning absolutely everything and believing in nothing.

The situation that got me thinking about this was a recent conversation with my mother, who brought me up to question everything I saw and not to take everything at face value. I was discussing the monetary system with her and how it is all based on nothing but debt which is created from nothing etc. She was flabbergasted at my "opinion" on this and branded me a conspiracy nut and that none of what I said was correct. She even then went on to say;

"I bet you think hijackers didn't take down the world trade either?"

I was shocked at her blatant disregard for anything other than what she was told by the media and she flat refused to even consider a conversation about it, let alone if it was true or not. This post isn't about my relationship with my mother, ha ha, we have a very close loving relationship and all is well in that regard. But I couldn't get over her ignorance or lack of wanting to question things, especially considering that she was the one that brought me up with the values that I have today.

However I digress, my point is that a lot of the governments in the world, namely the US and UK and their elected leaders have made strange comments towards "conspiracy theorists" over the last few years and said publicly at times that these people are terrorists or are supporters of if they decline to believe official reports and explanations on some catastrophic events that have happened in the last 15 years or so.

I am not a theorist, I was brought up to question everything so that I might gain a better understanding of the world around me, but also with the understanding that things aren't always as they seem and there are people from all walks of lives and jobs that are deceitful and don't tell the truth.

It appears to me, that people that question the world and their governments have been branded with this "conspiracy" badge to discredit them, which means the moment you start just having a discussion with other "normal" people, they will roll their eyes and just repeat the same old same old they have heard someone else on the news or MSM say.

This is more of a rant I suppose than a post, but it makes me so frustrated. I am what I believe to be a normal person living in the same world as everyone else and all I am guilty of is asking questions, especially if I feel if things are not what they appear. Its just a damn shame I appear to live in a world of followers rather than free thinkers.

Thanks for Reading,
Rich

edit on 26-5-2015 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Rex 84, adex list? The gubment is trustworthy.
Until you question it

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

I prefer to call myself a conspiracy theory investigator, this tells people that I do not necessarily approve or disprove a particular conspiracy theory, I prefer to investigate its likeliness instead.

Believe it or not, there is a correlation between investigating conspiracies and intelligence. People with higher IQ have more brainpower to invest in multiple theories, enabling them to solve a mystery simply because they are using more than one approach.

Conspiracy theories are in my opinion nothing more and nothing less than alternative theories, which I cannot disprove unless evidences prove them wrong. It's simple scientific method.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400
"I bet you think hijackers didn't take down the world trade either?"

I always confront those sorts of statements with a simple question in return...

"How many WTC buildings collapsed?"

Most ignorant people knee-jerk a "two of course" or something similar. I then giggle and tell them about the third, and how it's "collapse" (ha ha) was broadcast by the BBC before it actually fell and that the evidence is there to see.

Ignorance is bliss for many people and a bit of an uphill struggle for those who actively deny it.

Good luck.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Just a thought but....

How do you know she's just blindly accepting whatever the media feeds her? For all you know, she's done her own research into 9/11 and came to her own conclusions.

The "her" in my scenario is anybody who disagrees with a potential conspiracy.

You don't want to be labelled a nut or a theorist, perhaps you shouldn't be labeling those who don't buy into your ideas. I don't buy everything the government tells us, but I don't buy everything that's posted on ATS either.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I am posting here today, as I am fed up of being label a conspiracy theorist and a nut.

Goes with the territory. If you question the official story, then 'officially' you are nuts. So what? Would you rather be plugged back into the Matrix?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Its just a damn shame I appear to live in a world of followers rather than free thinkers.

It's been like that for a long time. How do you think TPTB got where they are? I believe, at one time, we could trust the people in government to do what was right for the most part. But now? Pfffft. Useless. Worse than useless. They ignore what is best for the people and just do what ever is best for them and their corporate masters. 9/11? Think of this : The lives of 3,000 Americans vs hundreds of billions in long term war profit. Get the picture?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm very careful when discussing conspiracies with people. I always call myself a "Conspiracy Skeptic". Meaning I research the theories, but rarely find anything of worth. There are some real headscratchers, for sure, but I always view new theories through the lens of a skeptic.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
I always confront those sorts of statements with a simple question in return...

"How many WTC buildings collapsed?"

Most ignorant people knee-jerk a "two of course" or something similar. I then giggle and tell them about the third,

Then they giggle at you for ignoring the other buildings that collapsed on that day!

5 WTC suffered a large fire and a partial collapse of its steel structure. Other buildings destroyed include St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, Marriott World Trade Center (Marriott Hotel 3 WTC), South Plaza (4 WTC), and U.S. Customs (6 WTC). The World Financial Center buildings, 90 West Street, and 130 Cedar Street suffered fires. The Deutsche Bank Building, the Verizon Building, and World Financial Center 3 suffered impact damage from the towers' collapse, as did 90 West Street. One Liberty Plaza survived structurally intact but sustained surface damage including shattered windows. 30 West Broadway was damaged by the collapse of 7 WTC.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Would you rather be plugged back into the Matrix?

Hm... Let me see...

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

But only 3 WTC actually collapsed.

Being obtrusive like that is straying from the point I was making.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Family and colleagues know that I do not take everything we are told at face value and I am sure they think I am a bit whacko when it comes to questioning events. However, I remember falling for the B.S we were sold as a pre cursor to the second war in Iraq. I agreed on the evidence that was put in front of me that we must intervene, if that's what our Government was telling us.

Then when no WMD's were ever found and I saw footage of Dubbya mocking the fact that they couldn't find them and Blair saying that although WMD's weren't found, it was worth taking Saddam out, then I started to become more of a critical thinker.

When the story broke that the U.K Government had sexed up the Iraq WMD's report, then I knew that I had indeed been had. When Dr David Kelly was suicided, then that was the cherry on the cake for me.

Sure I was initially laughed at, but now I get colleagues and family members asking if there is more to a story than we are being told through the MSM. It has opened a few eyes and minds and although not everything is a conspiracy, we are constantly being lied to and find I am fine tuning my B.S meter all the time.

edit on 26/5/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

It's much like the term "racist" or "anti-gay" now...there need not be any proof of veracity to the accusations, but just spewing the word out of your mouth is enough to discredit someone's argument or beliefs, even if they are as valid as can be.

It really does, at times, feel like society is fully content with being pushed back into a dark age of knowledge and understanding.

Take solace in the fact that you are abnormal--seeking out truth and information seems to be a fleeting aspect of humanity, and those of us that try to stay vigilant should wear that as a badge of honor. I do.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I prefer to be known as a cynical skeptic about everything and that includes conspiracies; however the authority figures of all flavors don't have a good record of telling the truth about much of anything, so my BS meter is extra sensitive regarding anything they say....

I'm always astonished at those that worship authority or those who adopt the role of power pawn and expect to be respected and believed !
edit on 26-5-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I prefer the later scene where Morpheus apologizes to Neo for waking him up. He explains older minds have trouble letting go.

But, he says, "If you could go back would you want to?"

Neo: "No".

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Name calling is on both sides...one's a nut the other a sheep. I'll repeat what I have told others. Forget the details, I think that's how conspiracy theorists get all worked up...keep it simple. This works with any conspiracy out there, but since 9/11 was brought up...try this. Which do you believe?
A. A small group of foreigners hijacked 4 US airliners...crashing 2 into WTC (one seen on live TV), 1 into the Pentagon and the fourth crashed in PA. All leaving at least small pieces of evidence of aircraft behind. They did this to strike at the US financial and military centers. The same group has attacked the US before.
B. A secret part of the US government rigged 2 of the largest buildings in the world with explosives, simulated planes crashing into them, then blow them up on live TV...crashed a plane or a missile (depending on what story you listen to) into the Pentagon, and creating a hole in the ground in PA, planting some evidence of aircraft at each location, all to start a war or wars so they can create some NWO.

You don't have to believe every small detail, but those are the general ideas. If you picked A, then you are with the majority. If you picked B, well then you might want to ask yourself why do you question what so many others believe is obvious. No one says you have to believe every single item on the 'official story' that is put out. it's good to question things. But when people start believing what is far fetched then they open themselves up to ridicule.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I hate the label, myself. I guess critical thinkers are conspiracy nuts. Oh well.
I have a friend that's convinced that jet fuel, burning plastic, and emergency flares can melt steel beams. Can't tell him otherwise.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I have this friend who's convinced that steel beams structurally compromised by high speed impacts and softened by the fires of jet fuel can't bring down skyscraper. Weird!

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The "Conspiracy theorists" stereotype is one of the biggest propaganda tactics around. Dozens, if not hundreds or millions of conspiracy theories have been proven to be at least partially true and the government is constantly being caught at more. The disclosures about the American Psychological Association is just one of many and the government explanation for 9/11 is a conspiracy of Arabs.

Many of the biggest conspiracies rely more on propaganda than secrecy since they often can't keep them completely secret.

They accuse many people of conspiracy in the courts all the time and expect us not to notice they don't attach the stereotype to themselves.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I think the problem is we are viewed with the people we associate with. Case in point..........

In a variation of the World War III theory, popular YouTube conspiracy vlogger DAHBOO77 — who specializes in speculative “bombshells!” on everything from Pope Francis to TB — has claimed the plane was intentionally diverted into east Ukraine, where it was then intentionally crashed or blown up by on-board explosives. According to this theory, Ukraine (or Russia, or the U.S., or anybody else), could then “claim” the aircraft was shot down and use it as an excuse for an invasion.

Dahboo’s primary evidence for this is a series of dashcam videos that show MH17 exploding on the ground, not in the air. (“How many movies, how many cartoons have you watched and seen a plane go down?” he demands, apparently assuming that cartoon plane-crashes always follow the laws of physics.) Aviation experts actually say the plane would explode on the ground if the missile hit it at any point besides the fuselage.

source

People like him set conspiracy theories back almost every time they post. Yes there are conspiracies out there but not everything is a conspiracy.
edit on 26-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

Edit: Before I start getting flamed. I'm not talking about MH 17 scenario I am talking about the substance of his information.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join