It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Granite Flats on Netflix (MK Ultra)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I've been watching this show on Netflix called Granite Flats. Thought I'd suggest it here, as it is the type of show that many here at ATS might enjoy.

From Wiki:

Granite Flats is BYUtv's first original scripted television drama series. The show is set in a small Colorado town in the early 1960s during the Cold War, and follows several of the town's citizens as mysterious and potentially dangerous circumstances arise.

The show deals with KGB moles and hidden Russian spy rings. But the main focus of the show is the MK Ultra program. It's got plenty of conspiracy and paranoia, and also a well placed implication that the JFK assassination was the result of an MK Ultra type assassin. There's also a group of nosy kids (think Scooby Gang) who just have to be dabbling in everything. They're kind of annoying, but as they are growing up it will be interesting to see what happens with their character development (if the show lasts that long).

The first season and first part of the second season are a bit random, it's almost like they weren't sure where they wanted to go with the series. But once they start getting at a focus, the show is developing nicely. I think it has potential to be pretty good. I'm on season 3 right now, and it's definitely evolved. At first, it seemed almost childish, but the intrigue is developing.

Also worth noting, it's very... wholesome. Set in the very early 60s, there are loads of good manners, politeness, social niceties. I'm not sure I've heard a single curse word. It's refreshing.

If you're looking for something to watch someday, maybe give it a shot.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

Putting it on my list.

I appreciate the heads up!

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
thanks. I'll check it out!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I am into my second season. At first I described it as "Twin Peaks" for kids. Well, it has gotten a lot darker the last few episodes.

This is a Mormon production, obviously. What struck me in the episode I watched yesterday, was how many times the word "illuminated" was used.

Frankly, the combination of Brigham Young values pairing with an MK Ultra plot is simply weird. (I can't think of any other media that called the project what it was- I know you have Eyes Wide Shut and the likes of that, but this is point blank, calling it MKUltra.)

The fact the show seems to be geared toward kids, with MKUltra as a plot line, is even weirder.

I really like the show. It's just weird. Like something, maybe a message, is lurking just below the surface that you won't ever see on the show- but it's still there.

The secret of Madeleine's adoption is about to come out- and I bet the show is about to become even darker.

new topics

top topics

join