It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Tells Graduates to 'Shape the Revolutions'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhatAreThey

And today, it is no longer remarkable to see two beautiful black girls walking their dogs on the South Lawn of the White House lawn.

How many white first ladies talked about white girls in this way?

Why do people pretend like the Obama's aren't racist? White guilt?

Why adopt guilt regarding accomplishments?

How would it make sense for a white First Lady to say that?

'And now, I am so proud to say, it is no longer remarkable to see two white girls on the lawn of the White House...just as it hasn't been since the country was founded...truly remarkable...'
edit on 26-5-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

And I want to be very clear: Every city ordinance, every ballot measure, every law on the books in this country –- that is your concern.

Michelle Obama Tells Graduates to 'Shape the Revolutions'

I am so tired of the Obamas try to re-shape this country into a place where minorities and special interest group opinion replaces that of The Republic and the concerns of the majority. They can't depart the stage or have the microphone ripped away from them fast enough to suit me. I shudder at the thoughts of the next thing that's going to spew from the sewer of a thing just below her nose.

The one thing that saves my sanity is Michelle's school lunch program. I think every kid who had to suffer it will always associate that time in their life with the Progressive Agenda and what it feels like to have it shoved down their throats.

Note: I really wanted this to go into the Political Mudpit, but can't get the Link Button to function

What is your point here? People shouldn't care about the laws and such, and there should be no revolution? Not that I in any way believe the Obama's are revolutionary, but I find it to be a very odd thing to criticize...you want things to stay the same?
edit on 26-5-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

Hmm you seem to love looking up and posting racist quotes, I wonder why that is.

See I can do it too. I didn't take Snarl's comments as racist, but that's what you jump to? Go get 'em tiger, make them pay!

It has nothing to do with a fondness for researching racist quotes nor did I take Snarl's comments as being in someway racist. I was responding to the assertion that Michelle Obama has a "sewer hole" for a mouth and more generally to the notion that a statement like this one (quoted in OP's source and replies to OP) made by Michelle Obama:

"And today, it is no longer remarkable to see two beautiful black girls walking their dogs on the South Lawn of the White House lawn. That’s just the way things are now"

is somehow racist. The mainstream right-wing's "Political Correctness" is far more out of control than even the far left's. This idea that a statement like that from the country's first black First Lady (or any other) is somehow controversial, particularly in the context of the horrible things that past Presidents and First Ladies have said, is pure delusion.

I figured that by citing a few examples for comparison, it might help some of you regain a measure of perspective but unfortunately I think this new false narrative of minority oppression of the majority is far too comforting for many to eschew.

The new-found Republican sensitivity is a result of them trying to beat the Democrats at their own game. Competing to see who is the biggest victim, and becoming horrendously offended about everything worked out great for the Democrats, so the Republicans decided to give it a shot. Although, like always, they are extremely out of touch with today's culture so they are failing horribly and are embarrassing themselves worse than parents who try and act hip in front of their children.

Being a victim or offended is the new political currency and the Republicans have finally found a game where their pockets are empty and they don't really know what to do. The Democrats are all Brave New World and the Republicans are all 1984 and everyone knows getting high on Soma is more fun than having a rat cage on your head.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
WOW ATS you never let me down. Michelle makes comment about how America has become less secular and racist...only to get called a Racisit. Nice fail ATS...Nice.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
No, that's not what I mean. It's sounding like you're in for a some frustrating times, my friend. Good luck to you.

a reply to: MoreBeer

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I am convinced that this Women is very mentally ill. She is always raging like some kind of lunatic, and full of so much hate for the USA. It's very disturbing that she is the first Lady. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Having read the text of MO's speech to students at Oberlin College twice, I can only interpret it as a challenge to these young adults to not be complacent, but get involved in that which affects them. Be it campaigns, school boards, or legislative process--be concerned and be a part of movement that shapes our country.

The issue of race was inserted by her reference of it no longer being "remarkable to see two beautiful black girls walking their dogs on...the White House lawn. That's just the way things are now". To me it was a reiteration of the failed notion of "post-racial America". It was unnecessary, and to some, a pointed barb---as it would be an abomination for a child of any race other than white to be seen walking those grounds.

IMO, for every step forward both President and Mrs. Obama have taken to ease racial strife in this country, they seem to take 2 steps back when one, especially BHO, interjects or comments on events with racial undertones(Henry Louis Gates, Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, etc.). Do I expect them to ignore or keep quiet on nationally prominent events because of race? Not at all, but I look to our President to calm and unite this Nation, not divide it further or fuel an emotional topic.

Good article titled: "Racial Division in Obama's America"(Phs-Org)---phys.org/news/2014-02-racial-divisions-obama-america.html

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This woman is ugly, both on the inside and out. From what I can make out, all she and her wife has done since her wife come to power is race bait, amp up the domestic surveillance, spend more money, partake in destabilisation of North Africa and become a laughing stock on the international stage. Correct me if I'm wrong Americans, but I don't care what colour you are, this president, her wife and the entire Democrat party has done nothing for any of you...Unless you're rich...Why do people worship these creatures in government?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm English so maybe I'm missing something, but Michelle Obama is one of a very special kind of person that I absolutely hate with a passion, and those people are the whinging, self pitying professional victims.

She is I believe banging on about how being black has meant she's faced terrible hardships, how she's had such a hard life because of the evil white man, how America is a racist nation, etc, etc, etc.

Well my heart bleeds for her, it must have been terrible.

She has been so victimised and so held back by the evil nasty racists in the good old US of A that she's only managed to make it to being the first lady, the wife of the most powerful man on earth - and he's black too.

Imagine where she'd have been if she hadn't been held back by you all - ruler of the universe - Minging Moaning Michelle the Merciless.

Meanwhile back on planet Earth and in America too there are plenty of people, black, white, yellow, and every other colour of people who can't afford to put food on the table for their children thanks to politicians, people just like her husband, and probably her too.

She needs a good kick up the arse and a serious reality check and really needs to shut the Flip up about having a hard time.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Just because your proud for the first time in 44 years of your country does not equate to hating it the other years. You can feel ambivalent about your country and never feel proud. That meme is disingenuous.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I find it comical that I've read posters on here chide inner city/poor blacks for their victim mentality and here we have an OP screaming that the white majority is the victim to the minorities of this country.

I despise Barack Obama but my god, the filth spewed in this thread is an embarrassment.

Moderators, congrats. You've allowed above top secret to become a circle jerk for racist basement dwellers that think white males are on the endangered species list.

Grow up. Instead of fearing disenfranchisement, get a job, open a business, and take charge of your lives. Cowards.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Well this is the Mud Pit -- the rules are different here. Skeptic O has a sticky in here about it.

It gets pretty ugly in here sometimes...

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
All I've got to say is, I can not wait until a Republican/conservative wins the presidency (I hope it happens, it may not ever again), so we can start seeing threads making up stuff to bash him/her about. (rubs hands together in anticipated glee)

Me either.

It will be the first time in 8 years the White House administration will be held accountable for it's actions.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: supremecommander

Well this is the Mud Pit -- the rules are different here. Skeptic O has a sticky in here about it.

It gets pretty ugly in here sometimes...

I see.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Snarl

Just because your proud for the first time in 44 years of your country does not equate to hating it the other years. You can feel ambivalent about your country and never feel proud. That meme is disingenuous.

She neither stumbles nor nances about where speech is concerned. I think the feelings I've expressed in-thread portray her in a very fair light (and mine is far from a minority view here).

I credit her with being both intelligent and articulate. That can be topped off with ample access to the best speech writers from the progressive side of the house. As an attorney, she knows every word counts. And, I see a great deal of consistency in the message she presents. I think she'd be just fine watching the country burn to the proverbial ground ... if she can't have her way.

FWIW, I'm sorry I put up the OP. It didn't do anything positive and descended into hostility. I wonder if we'll ever hear her admit a mistake.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The Obamas, Holder and many of their appointed people are racists. Anyone who doesn't blindly worship the progressive agenda sees this and in my opinion, everyone sees it but many lie about it because they support it. That is why they defend it against all logic.

But the liberals want to follow the plan as it is laid out. That everyone poor, minority, etc. have been screwed by the rich, white man. They want to promote a poor, minority and/or illegal alien style agenda as they are the easiest people to control. You don't see many black people joining a militia, or an illegal alien calling out for gun rights or even many as conspiracy theorists. If all of us white people would just become part of the poor, black style lifestyle, go-with-the-flow people...they would be very happy. We would be celebrating the government gift of an Obama-phone instead of calling him out for destroying our country.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It may be the first time in 44 years that Michelle Obama can say she is proud of her country, but it is the first time in 44 years that I have 100% mistrust for the man in the White House. And, it has zero to do with his color.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: kaylaluv
All I've got to say is, I can not wait until a Republican/conservative wins the presidency (I hope it happens, it may not ever again), so we can start seeing threads making up stuff to bash him/her about. (rubs hands together in anticipated glee)

Me either.

It will be the first time in 8 years the White House administration will be held accountable for it's actions.

You may want to correct that to "illegal actions". Obama has been slapped down so many times for breaking the law.

Information

And yes...that is a very right wing link. But it is only because the left will ignore or lie about the truth even when it is presented to them. Hell...Harry Reid even admitted lying about Romney not paying taxes (as he accused) and blew it off as "well...it worked".
edit on 5/29/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Oops
edit on 5/29/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join