It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Tells Graduates to 'Shape the Revolutions'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

And I want to be very clear: Every city ordinance, every ballot measure, every law on the books in this country –- that is your concern.

I am so tired of the Obamas try to re-shape this country into a place where minorities and special interest group opinion replaces that of The Republic and the concerns of the majority. They can't depart the stage or have the microphone ripped away from them fast enough to suit me. I shudder at the thoughts of the next thing that's going to spew from the sewer of a thing just below her nose.

The one thing that saves my sanity is Michelle's school lunch program. I think every kid who had to suffer it will always associate that time in their life with the Progressive Agenda and what it feels like to have it shoved down their throats.

Note: I really wanted this to go into the Political Mudpit, but can't get the Link Button to function

+12 more 
posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

And today, it is no longer remarkable to see two beautiful black girls walking their dogs on the South Lawn of the White House lawn.

How many white first ladies talked about white girls in this way?

Why do people pretend like the Obama's aren't racist? White guilt?

Why adopt guilt regarding accomplishments?

+17 more 
posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WhatAreThey

Can you imagine Laura Bush talking about her two beautiful white girls playing on the lawn with Barney.

The Obamas have set race relations back decades, imo, with their constant harping about black this and black that. We are all Americans. When blacks can stop calling themselves Black Americans or Afro Americans, maybe they can accept the fact that we don't have to differentiate all the time.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

And I want to be very clear: Every city ordinance, every ballot measure, every law on the books in this country –- that is your concern.

The one thing that saves my sanity is Michelle's school lunch program. I think every kid who had to suffer it will always associate that time in their life with the Progressive Agenda and what it feels like to have it shoved down their throats

It worked on me for Reagan and his "ketchup is a vegetable" school lunch program.
I either brought my own sack lunches or just skipped lunch. It still makes me gross out to think about the crap they served.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Yes that is so racist to say people are now more accepting of two black girls being on the white house lawn...

edit on thMon, 25 May 2015 21:36:41 -0500America/Chicago520154180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

They've done significant damage to 'gender relations' as well. It seems many of his female cabinet members have failed in huge ways ... and the record is simply astonishing.

The success Obama's enjoyed disrupting and dividing this country will be his legacy. And, I'm sure he's gonna sit back with his feet up on someone else's desk that he didn't build, with that smug s#-eating grin on his face, and LOL at all of US. Probably have Boehner over to his villa for some hot-tub splashy-fun and reminisce about the good old days.

+2 more 
posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Precisely...

The Obama's have made Martin Luther King turn-over in his grave for seven years.
They are racists...

+2 more 
posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

"The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."

-William Shakespeare

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Actually King would have said the exact same thing.
I don't know if you remember our not but was part of a that little movement that revolutionized our nation.

Funny the firat lady is telling people to get involved and we are mad about it?
Why?

+4 more 
posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

This campaign

was/is truly brilliant. I just hope it was really the kids that fired it up. That would cement my hope for the future.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Granite

Actually King would have said the exact same thing.
I don't know if you remember our not but was part of a that little movement that revolutionized our nation.

Funny the firat lady is telling people to get involved and we are mad about it?
Why?

I didn't read your post either.

+4 more 
posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Reminds me of Hillary Clinton's. . .

“I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”

Which is all good and well, also Michelle Obama's words, they are fine as well.

Until you start protesting them, their ideologies and such.

Then you need to shut up because you didn't build that or you're not smart enough to understand the nuances of what they're trying to do.

So protest, fight for change, just as long as THEY agree with it. If not, you're a racist, mysoginist, hater.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

They only know one approach and are locked-in their psychosis most of their lives...never saying wait let's meet in the middle ground.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: beezzer

They only know one approach and are locked-in their psychosis most of their lives...never saying wait let's meet in the middle ground.

A progressives idea of compromise is you give in and they accept you giving in.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Quote from the link. My comments in brackets.

"First Lady Michelle Obama spoke today to graduates of Oberlin College. She encouraged the graduating class to "rise above the noise and shape the revolutions of your time."

" "[T]hink about how even with all the gridlock and polarization in Washington, we have made so much change these past six years: 12 million [part time, low paid jobs] new jobs [And millions of full time jobs lost]. Sixteen million people who finally have health insurance [until they try to use it, when they find they can't even afford the deductibles]. Historic agreements to fight [ phony, non-existant] climate change. Epic increases in college financial aid [and massive tuition increases and massive, crippling debt for the grads]. More progress on LGBT rights than any time in our history [ya, like we really care about that]. And today, it is no longer remarkable to see two beautiful black girls walking their dogs on the South Lawn of the White House lawn [so how does that benefit any of us?]. That’s just the way things are now," Obama said to applause at the liberal arts college."

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
looks like a case of divide the population before they rise together ,and judging by the rioting by a majority black community
id say they have successfully hoodwinked your entire country yet again so as to crush any joint uprising in the bud
before it ever begun ,like a game of chess they play several moves in advance.
or can this be read as we must take control of the revolution get out their and infiltrate the people and let them believe your on their side so we still hold all the aces

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Fundamentally changing this country and the world . At least he was as good as his word

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Fundamentally changing this country and the world . At least he was as good as his word

Yup. Totally admire the guy for his supreme act of fraud.

Every time his wife enters the public eye, it makes me wonder what new deceit the White House is about to come up with next. Deception, head-fake, distortion ... ad infinitum.
edit on 2652015 by Snarl because: Self edit for tact.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I am so tired of the Obamas try to re-shape this country into a place where minorities and special interest group opinion replaces that of The Republic and the concerns of the majority.

What does this even mean? What's this reshaping of America based on "minorities and special interest group opinion" that you speak of? If you could cite some specific examples of legislation signed by the President, EOs issued by the President, programs enacted with the support of the First Lady, etc that evidence this dramatic reshaping that you're so upset about, it would be most helpful.

I shudder at the thoughts of the next thing that's going to spew from the sewer of a thing just below her nose.

Yeah, no undue animosity on your part. You want to read some really racist quotes?

"ape-like naked savages, who dwell in the woods and prey on creature not much wilder or lower than themselves."

-- Teddy Roosevelt referring to the "dark-skinned races" in his book African Game Trails

"I don't go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians but I believe nine out of every 10 are, and I shouldn't like to inquire too closely into the case of the 10th."

-- Teddy Roosevelt in an 1886 speech

"I think one man is just as good as another so long as he's honest and decent and not a n----r or a Chinaman. Uncle Will says that the Lord made a white man from dust, a n----r from mud, then He threw up what was left and it came down a Chinaman."

"(Uncle Will) does hate Chinese and Japs, so do I. It is race prejudice, I guess. But I am strongly of the opinion Negroes ought to be in Africa, yellow men in Asia and white men in Europe and America."

-- 27 year-old Harry S. Truman in a letter to his wife (1911)

"These are not bad people. All they are concerned about is to see that their sweet little girls are not required to sit in school alongside some big overgrown Negroes"

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower to SCOTUS Chief Justice Earl Warren in 1954

Here's a few choice quotes from Nixon:

"They aren't. You know it, too. The Mexicans are a different cup of tea. They have a heritage. At the present time they steal, they're dishonest, but they do have some concept of family life. They don't live like a bunch of dogs, which the Negroes do live like."

"The Jews are just a very aggressive and abrasive and obnoxious personality."

"There are times when an abortion is necessary. I know that. When you have a black and a white... Or a rape."

LBJ is known to have been quite fond of racial epithets and was quoted as saying to a staffer in defense of the appointment of Thurgood Marshall: "Son, when I appoint a n----r to the court, I want everyone to know he's a n----r."

Apparently Johnson wasn't fond of Asians either and as a Senator, Johnson referred numerous times to the "hordes of barbaric yellow dwarves."

I'm sure I can dig up some racist quotes from FDR and Reagan if you'd like and probably some miscellaneous bigotry from just about every President — ever — and a fair number of First Ladies.

I realize that since 2008 conservatives have become a group of easily offended drama queens but try to keep some perspective.
edit on 2015-5-26 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

She'll get no sympathy from me.

But, yeah, go ahead and post some more truth. I'm not offended by your desire to move the spotlight around and continue trying to breathe life into the dying apologetic behavior of the past 50 years. It's a corpse thanks to the past 6 years of Obama and associates.

And to address her statement a bit more directly: I'd kinda like to see 'her supporters' rise up in revolution. The outcome might leave her looking for a new country to live in. One she can be proud of from day one.

ETA: And that first star on your post was from me.
edit on 2652015 by Snarl because: ETA

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join