It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Demand That ‘Offensive’ Crosses Be Removed From CATHOLIC School

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Muslims Demand That ‘Offensive’ Crosses Be Removed… From CATHOLIC School
toprightnews.com...

From Top Right News,"A complaint that says crosses at Catholic school are “offensive”, and prevent Muslim prayers, has been filed against Catholic University in Washington, D.C.
It is only the latest in an endless series of demands for Sharia Law adherence by Muslims in America.
The complaint to the Washington, D.C. Office of Human Rights, filed by a leftist professor from rival George Washington University, says there are “too many crosses in every room of Catholic University” which is a “human rights violation that prevents Muslim students from praying there.”

www.dcclothesline.com...
“DC Area Professor To Catholic University: Too Many Crosses On Campus For Muslim Students To Pray,” DC Gazete

It just got surreal. George Washington University Law School Professor John Banzhaf filed a human rights complaint to the D.C. Office of Human Rights against Catholic University for hindering Muslim students’ free exercise of their faith due to the “excessive” amount of “Catholic imagery” on the campus. It seems that this man – who teaches at a different school across town – thinks that Catholic University’s adherence to the cultural aspects of Catholicism (we have a lot of artwork, Crucifixes, and statues in every nook and crany) keeps muslim students from praying the required five times a day.

Banzhaf, who already has a pending lawsuit against the university over ending its policy of allowing mixed-gender dormitories and has a history of filing civil rights suits on such topics as childhood obesity and smoking, filed the complaint alleging that Muslim students are not given their own prayer rooms."

1. no muslim students have voiced concern for the issues of which Banzhaf falsely claims.
2. members of other faiths are accepted at Catholic schools, their beliefs are not scorned or maligned in any way. That violates Catholic norms of hospitality. There are no demands that state everyone must pray together. Prayer is a private act Besides, Christians are really supposed keep The Lord Jesus Christ in their hearts and minds more than five times a day.
3. If someone has a problem with Crucifixes, pictures of popes hanging on the wall, statues of Our Lady of Grace, they can just go find somewhere else to go to college.

edit on V112015Mondaypm31America/ChicagoMon, 25 May 2015 20:11:48 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm not religions nor a fan of religious artifacts other than archaeological ones. But, i do believe in the freedom to live and let live so long as it doesn't physcially damage anyone. So.. I'd probably tell those offended where to stick their bacon.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

You need to do fact checking before you post an inflammatory thread like this because you have been snoped and you have no one to blame but yourself.

edit on 5/25/2015 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sigh...

Usual right-wing junk.

now.snopes.com...

Although the article did not link to a source in its main body text, it was presumably inspired by a 11 May 2015 article published on the website Breitbart titled “Catholic University Investigated for Offending Muslims by Having Too Many Crosses.” That article provided additional clues as to the origin of the rumor:

“Complaint says crosses at Catholic school offensive, prevent Muslim prayers,” reads the headline at BeliefNet. It’s one of those headlines that sounds like a bad joke, but it isn’t. It’s not exactly a serious complaint, either, and it isn’t coming from actual Muslim students in any event. “Baffled Catholic University officials say they have never received a complaint from any of the schools Muslim students,” writes BeliefNet.

It isn’t clear whether Breitbart or Top Right News checked the date of the referenced BeliefNet article — nor Pamela Geller, whose take on the controversy included the observation that it “just got surreal”; nor Conservative Tribune, who described the issue as “urgent” on 12 May 2015. BeliefNet‘s URL indicated that the source article was originally published in October 2011, more than three years before it suddenly resurfaced on several sites as the “latest” harbinger of Sharia law. (That date is consistent with the claim’s appearance in Todd Starnes’ Fox News’ column in late 2011.)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Lol an argument filled with what ifs and two people shouting over one and then complaining that he won't answer the question.

It is a private school and they don't have to do anything, I will agree there though.

Fail to see what this has to do with Sharia law though.

Oh surprise surprise, it is spun every which way to sunday...

edit on thMon, 25 May 2015 20:22:20 -0500America/Chicago520152080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Skimming through the quite hilarious & often vile comments section...

This was resolved 4 years ago.
edit on 25-5-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog
Snopes has as much credibility has Sorcha Fail or Before its News.
www.deonvsearth.com...
pecancorner.blogspot.com...
puzo1.blogspot.com...
garthright.blogspot.com...
www.snoopwall.com...

Judging from the comments section, so does the source you shared.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Please close this thread, this is just shallow propaganda.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

When I first read about the human rights complaint allegedly filed on behalf of Muslim students at Catholic, I made the mistake of assuming that Muslim students were behind it. Only after personally speaking with the complaint filer — George Washington University law professor John Banzhaf — did I understand what this story was really all about. In fact, not a single Muslim student at Catholic University has signed on to Professor Banzhaf’s complaint and he admitted to me that he lodged the complaint against Catholic with the D.C. Office of Human Rights as a concerned individual, not on behalf of any student or group of students.

www.theblaze.com...

When the Blaze walks it back, you know it was a big goof.

So does the blaze have the same lack of creditability?

And what do your videos of attacks have to do with the topic of the school?
Oh nothing? Thought so.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

www.deonvsearth.com...
puzo1.blogspot.com...
www.snoopwall.com...

Please elaborate.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

From the Washington Post

1. Muslim students did not demand that “offensive” crosses come down at a Catholic school. For future reference, any time a blog post panics about the encroachment of “Sharia law” in America, it’s almost definitely (a) fake, (b) exaggerated or (c) straight-up racist. This gem from Top Right News — shared more than 300,000 times, and widely repeated in right-wing media — is an example of all three. Per the report, published last Saturday, a group of Muslim students at Catholic University are “suing” the school over “offensive” Catholic imagery. But as The Post reported in some depth — when this actually happened, a full four years ago — no Muslims were ever actually involved. In reality, the complaint was made in response to a Post article profiling Muslim students at CU. And it was made by a law professor at George Washington University, who has a long, much-criticized history of filing controversial lawsuits to get attention. Also, the students pictured in Top Right’s story don’t even go to CU: They’re members of the Muslim Student Association at Benedictine University, several states/hours away from CU.

It took all of 30 seconds to Google. For a site with a tagline about Denying Ignorance, people seem to not know about internet search engines.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Meanwhile in Pakistan....

Some enlightened fellow is erecting a 14 story cross in Karachi.

Go figure ?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

What part of Anti-Christian rhetoric,"the professor demanding that the University remove the crosses, is propaganda?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

What part of that isn't what your title says is hard to understand?

Fix it and put that one person was asking for this.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

www.deonvsearth.com...
puzo1.blogspot.com...
www.snoopwall.com...

Please elaborate.

There is no way possible for me to be clearer Violater.
Read the comments section and you'll see what I'm saying.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

You mean propaganda like CNN and 90% of every news agency in the Western World?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

From the Washington Post

1. Muslim students did not demand that “offensive” crosses come down at a Catholic school. For future reference, any time a blog post panics about the encroachment of “Sharia law” in America, it’s almost definitely (a) fake, (b) exaggerated or (c) straight-up racist. This gem from Top Right News — shared more than 300,000 times, and widely repeated in right-wing media — is an example of all three. Per the report, published last Saturday, a group of Muslim students at Catholic University are “suing” the school over “offensive” Catholic imagery. But as The Post reported in some depth — when this actually happened, a full four years ago — no Muslims were ever actually involved. In reality, the complaint was made in response to a Post article profiling Muslim students at CU. And it was made by a law professor at George Washington University, who has a long, much-criticized history of filing controversial lawsuits to get attention. Also, the students pictured in Top Right’s story don’t even go to CU: They’re members of the Muslim Student Association at Benedictine University, several states/hours away from CU.

It took all of 30 seconds to Google. For a site with a tagline about Denying Ignorance, people seem to not know about internet search engines.

What part of my above OP that includes,"George Washington University Law School Professor John Banzhaf filed a human rights complaint to the D.C. Office of Human Rights against Catholic University for hindering Muslim students" is false?
So you are obviously a hater of Christians. Just say no to hatred.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

www.deonvsearth.com...
puzo1.blogspot.com...
www.snoopwall.com...

Please elaborate.

There is no way possible for me to be clearer Violater.
Read the comments section and you'll see what I'm saying.

You can be clearer by providing the comments along with the links.
Wow, I'm really feeling the Anti-Christian hatred here.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

It's propaganda when you point fingers at a group that had nothing to do with it in an attempt to insight hatred and racist rhetoric.

I don't know... maybe the contrast on my laptop screen is off but the originator of the lawsuit looks pretty damn caucasian to me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join