It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCK POLL: 81% Of Al Jazeera Arabic Poll Respondents Support Islamic State

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Why don't you read the post above your last post and explain that, oh scholarly one.

Either you're intelligent or you're not.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

originally posted by: haman10

What's the shock? These people believe in Islam. ISIS is trying to be literal Islam. Its like being shocked that Catholics support the Vatican... duh. They are our enemy.
We muslims are not your enemies brother .

i have nothing against you and wish you the best . wish you the happiest and healthiest life .

look bro , i am not an Arab , i'm a kurd . and i live in Iran so personally i have no contacts with any arabs , but i can assure you that this poll is 100% fabricated .

who do you think is fighting ISIS in Iraq and Syria ? in yemen ? they're 90% Arabs .

How does one reconcile a claim to being Muslim when the religion calls you to kill the unbelievers? If your not following the scripture Qur'an etc...then your not really a part of that religion are you?

Its a two faced deal and yes I know Christians do it too. How can we trust someone who says they follow a religion of murder but then says but I'm not a murderer.

Either your Muslim or your not.
Nice and friendly reply . thank you , i clearly deserved that .

Well , I am indeed a muslim and i'm a little religious too . what do you mean from unbelievers ? 1- followers of other religions ? or 2-Atheists ?

one by one : 1- if you're talking about other faiths and religions like christianity , judaism , .... : you're truly under a heavy propaganda . i donno how to even prove this mentality that they're wrong .

in such a case , i really have nothing to say .

2- you're talking about atheists . atheists can do what they want to do as long as they don't promote their nihilism and they don't advertise for it . we don't have a special atheist detector here .

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So what ARE the real numbers?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

What's the shock? These people believe in Islam. ISIS is trying to be literal Islam. Its like being shocked that Catholics support the Vatican... duh. They are our enemy.
We muslims are not your enemies brother .

i have nothing against you and wish you the best . wish you the happiest and healthiest life .

look bro , i am not an Arab , i'm a kurd . and i live in Iran so personally i have no contacts with any arabs , but i can assure you that this poll is 100% fabricated .

who do you think is fighting ISIS in Iraq and Syria ? in yemen ? they're 90% Arabs .

How does one reconcile a claim to being Muslim when the religion calls you to kill the unbelievers? If your not following the scripture Qur'an etc...then your not really a part of that religion are you?

Its a two faced deal and yes I know Christians do it too. How can we trust someone who says they follow a religion of murder but then says but I'm not a murderer.

Either your Muslim or your not.
Nice and friendly reply . thank you , i clearly deserved that .

Well , I am indeed a muslim and i'm a little religious too . what do you mean from unbelievers ? 1- followers of other religions ? or 2-Atheists ?

one by one : 1- if you're talking about other faiths and religions like christianity , judaism , .... : you're truly under a heavy propaganda . i donno how to even prove this mentality that they're wrong .

in such a case , i really have nothing to say .

2- you're talking about atheists . atheists can do what they want to do as long as they don't promote their nihilism and they don't advertise for it . we don't have a special atheist detector here .

If it seem like I was unfriendly to you I apologize. I may very well be under propaganda. Does Quran say to kill atheists that promote their nihilism? Or not? If so, we stand far apart.

It's not ok with me for a religion to instruct its followers to kill anyone.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'd be curious to know how many of you have actually met a Muslim, since so many of you seem to be so educated on the subject.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: stopbeingnaive
I'd be curious to know how many of you have actually met a Muslim, since so many of you seem to be so educated on the subject.

Off the top of my head...I've worked with about 10 Muslims in total. In addition I've known about another 4 personally through various situations and as far as encountering Muslims recently from the Middle East, none. But I also have about 10 individuals (friends and/or acquaintances) usually from the military or overseas contractors that have all told me the same story. There are radical Muslims and there are "moderate" Muslims...moderate in quotes because when the radicals are in the area, the moderates either turn the other cheek or support the radicals. No...the majority won't fight, but they will cheer them on.

Not to sound racist, but do you know when sometimes there is a black person you work with...and the majority of the time they speak and act completely professional? But then when another black person comes in to do business, all of a sudden the language and emotion is different? Basically the same type of thing.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

OMG! I can't believe you're still alive after encountering so many of those vicious savages. Once again, let's see how you would act if your country was invaded.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I have met many, but I haven't participated in this thread.

Now I have.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The whole "war on terror is a farce. You are more likely to be killed by lightning. It's all about money and power, and joe six pack is just dumb enough to buy it hook line and sinker.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I was a teacher to a very mixed student body among which were a not small group of Somali Muslims. After 9/11, I found I knew nothing at all about their religion and beliefs and thought I ought to learn something about it. I read a decent number of books on the subject using the Koran as a reference and guide. I read reference texts, apologist texts and critical texts. Overall, I came away with a disturbed impression of the religion when taken in context with the culture and practices of the many unapologetic theocracies that rule in its name.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Arab Muslims are a minority of Muslims in the world, you know. Most are Asian. Arab "nationalism", Arab supremacists, have more to do with all this than Islam.

Yes, it's completely true that a lot of Arab Muslims support the idea of Islamic States in various forms and that many specifically support ISIS. As a Muslim I'm starting to get really offended...by other Muslims (and liberals) who keep insisting this isn't true. What are you doing, unknown akhi? Are you lying to the non-Muslims so they'll think better of us? Or are you only paying attention to the Muslims who agree with you? Or what the heck?

More Muslims support freedom, but that is hardly going to matter if we pretend the ones who don't aren't real and well armed and well organized, because we're so focused on being loyal to our Ummah. I see some non-Muslims think "silent support" comes from some actual agreement, but it's much more sad than that. Most of the time, it's nothing more than "yeah, he's a murderer, but he's part of my family, so I can't say that in public". Most Muslims, in private we discuss this stuff as a huge problem, then turn around like Fat Tony in the Simpsons. "What's a truck?" Come ON.

Anyway, of course ISIS was either explicitly created or is directly manipulated by Western intelligence. But it's not like every Muslim supporting ISIS is secretly an agent. It exists now, and as always, what they unleashed is bigger than they can control.
edit on 30-5-2015 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

What you're describing is "code switching", and white people, Christians, every human being does it. We just don't notice when we do it or others do it in a way we are familiar with. Don't you speak differently to your family than your co-workers?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sepermeru
Arab Muslims are a minority of Muslims in the world, you know. Most are Asian. Arab "nationalism", Arab supremacists, have more to do with all this than Islam.

I was unaware of just how small the Arab Muslim population actually is. It's 18%. That's just under 300 million.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: sepermeru

I was unaware of just how small the Arab Muslim population actually is. It's 18%. That's just under 300 million.

Thank you. There are 1.8 or so billion Muslims in the world, and 18% of them demand all the attention, all the time. It is in their direct interests that Islam is defined by its minority of Arabs. Of course 300 million is a lot of people, but they just don't represent the majority by far. Because of long, long-standing Arab supremacist policies and culture, they're quite happy to keep acting like they are the only ones who exist or matter--please understand, I'm not speaking of Arabs in general but Arab-supremacists, but I will note that's a very common undercurrent at least.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join