It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCK POLL: 81% Of Al Jazeera Arabic Poll Respondents Support Islamic State

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The laws of Islam are very clear,

Apostasy in Islam

Apostasy means rejection of the religion of Islam either by action or the word of the mouth. "The act of apostasy, thus, put an end to one's adherence to Islam." when one rejects the fundamental creeds of Islam, he rejects the faith, and this is an act of apostasy such an act is a grave sin in Islam. The Qur'an indicates,

"How shall Allah guide those who reject faith after they accepted it and bore witness that the Apostle was true and the clear sign had come unto them. But Allah guides not the people of unjust of such the reward is that on them rests the curse of Allah, of His angels and of all mankind in that will they dwell; nor will their penalty be lightened, nor respite be their lot, except for those that repent after that and make amends; for verily Allah is Oft-forging, Most Merciful (Qur'an 3:86-89).

Officially, Islamic law requires Muslims not to force Zimmis to embrace Islam. It is the duty of every Muslim, they hold, to manifest the virtues of Islam so that those who are non-Muslims will convert willingly after discovering its greatness and truth. Once a person becomes a Muslim, he cannot recant. If he does, he will be warned first, then he will be given three days to reconsider and repent. If he persists in his apostasy, his wife is required to divorce him, his property is confiscated, and his children are taken away from him. He is not allowed to remarry. Instead, he should be taken to court and sentenced to death. If he repents, he may return to his wife and children or remarry. According to the Hanifites an apostate female is not allowed to get married. She must spend time in meditation in order to return to Islam. If she does not repent or recant, she will not be sentenced to death, but she is to be persecuted, beaten and jailed until she dies. Other schools of Shari`a demand her death. The above punishment is prescribed in a Hadith recorded by the Bukhari: "It is reported by `Abaas ... that the messenger of Allah ... said, `Whosoever changes his religion (from Islam to any other faith), kill him."

www.answering-islam.org...

Yeah, I am lying, I guess the Koran lies too and so the Islamic and Sharia laws too.

Sharia law as interpreted from Islamic laws

Shariah: “The source of legal rulings for all acts of those who are morally responsible is
Allah.” (a1.1, Umdat al-salik or The Reliance of the Traveller, commonly accepted work of
Shariah jurisprudence); “There is only one law which ought to be followed, and that is the
Sharia.” (Seyed Qutb); “Islam wishes to destroy all states and governments anywhere on the
face of the earth which are opposed to the ideology and program of Islam regardless of the
country or the nation which rules it. The purpose of Islam is to set up a State on the basis of
its own ideology and program.” (Seyed Abul A’ala Maududi)

www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org...

For those that believe in moderate Islam, I advise you to rethink what it realty means to be a Muslim moderate

edit on 26-5-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I would bet most Muslims are more afraid of ISIS than we in the West.
They live near them after all.
No, I don't buy in to that poll in any way, shape or form.

If that's the case, I don't understand why Muslim armies don't band together and eradicate these thugs. ISIS is greatly outnumbered by the supposed peace loving moderates. Hell, even the great Satan USA, loathed by the rest of the world, which is apparent by member comments here, was able to garner a half-assed coalition a decade and a half ago.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Now, to be nice, I will say that any person that could have been participating on the Al-Jazeera poll living in any of the Islamic countries will have not other choice but to defend Islam and it laws, as many if no all do not get to exercises freedoms of speech like we do in the US because that can bring percussion and even death to the person and family.

I am sure that no freedom of speech lover was polled in such poll.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I wonder the same thing, but as we know ISIS with his radical Islamic views serve a purpose to those that are in charge of Muslim countries in the middle east, specially feudal monarchies like the House of Saud, let no forget that what ISIS is spreading is terror for us in the US, but for those that believe in Islam is spreading religion, they are the new Taliban.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: buster2010

I dare you to move to any practicing Islamic country in the middle east and try to spread Christianity and Americas democracy and see what happen to you.

You can seat in the conform of your home and spread whatever you want but try to do that in Saudi Arabia, Iran or Iraq.

You have nothing on me, Islam is a law and as a law you can kill the infidels if they do not convert, is as simple as that.

Well, I dare you to move to the southern United States and try to spread Islam and Sharia Law.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stopbeingnaive

I live in the South, Southern Baptist strong hold, but interestingly I do not follow any organized religion.

All I will like for people to do is to get literate in the ways of Islam/sharia and their laws, that will be an eye opener for many.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I live in the South, Southern Baptist strong hold, but interestingly I do not follow any organized religion.

All I will like for people to do is to get literate in the ways of Islam/sharia and their laws, that will be an eye opener for many.

You do realize both actions would probably result in dire outcomes, right? But somehow one group is deemed more civilized than the other.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I know, sometimes I wonder also were are we heading with the raise of Islamic extremist in the world, I guess is just a face like when Christianism was extremist during the middle ages no different from extremist Islam, we are coming a long way, many lives has been lost in the name of spreading religion, Even the US was founded making sure of freedom of religions because the percussions of the church in Europe.

Killing people have nothing civilized about, even if one group do it in the name of religion while the other do it in the name of liberation and freedom.

I agree no all Islam followers are fundamentalist extremist, no all of them are invading countries to spread Sharia.

US have a great community of middle easterners from various countries, in Detroit, about 300 thousand, but most of them are actually Christians that left their countries due to percussion, the none Christians left due to also political percussion and to avoid the extremist side of Islam.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I know, sometimes I wonder also were are we heading with the raise of Islamic extremist in the world.

Have you ever thought to ask why there has suddenly become a rise in extremists in the world? Do you honestly believe extremists hate the West because of freedom. Come on, man! It's because we're invading and they have no choice but to retaliate and then they're demonized by western media.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

I dare you to move to any practicing Islamic country in the middle east and try to spread Christianity and Americas democracy and see what happen to you.

you can go to Syria for example.. oh nooo, you can't, is being destroyed by US backed up terrorists... or You could go to Palestine.. oh no, wait!? "They" (US and Israel) don't let them be a country! etc..

"Americas democracy" ? now you are joking right?
edit on 26/5/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Extremism has been around for a long time, since the beginning of the world as we know it, is always been a way to incite wars and for an excuse to invade countries. Humans will always find a way to start anything and religion has been the one that stick the most, because of religious wars and conflicts more people had died in history than in any other times.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

OMG! You people give me a headache. I'm not denying extremism is nothing new. But you just specifically raised the point that there has been a rise in Islamic extremism, which is what this thread is about.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Heck, thanks for the reminder, US is not a democracy is a constitutional Republic, darn I forget so often due to the drilling or our great democracy.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I used to think this site changed, but then I realized it wasn't the site that changed, it was me. This site is full of gullible right-wingers, who believe whatever their television tells them.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

ahaha no doubt ..

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The laws of Islam are very clear,

Apostasy in Islam

Apostasy means rejection of the religion of Islam either by action or the word of the mouth. "The act of apostasy, thus, put an end to one's adherence to Islam." when one rejects the fundamental creeds of Islam, he rejects the faith, and this is an act of apostasy such an act is a grave sin in Islam. The Qur'an indicates,

"How shall Allah guide those who reject faith after they accepted it and bore witness that the Apostle was true and the clear sign had come unto them. But Allah guides not the people of unjust of such the reward is that on them rests the curse of Allah, of His angels and of all mankind in that will they dwell; nor will their penalty be lightened, nor respite be their lot, except for those that repent after that and make amends; for verily Allah is Oft-forging, Most Merciful (Qur'an 3:86-89).

Officially, Islamic law requires Muslims not to force Zimmis to embrace Islam. It is the duty of every Muslim, they hold, to manifest the virtues of Islam so that those who are non-Muslims will convert willingly after discovering its greatness and truth. Once a person becomes a Muslim, he cannot recant. If he does, he will be warned first, then he will be given three days to reconsider and repent. If he persists in his apostasy, his wife is required to divorce him, his property is confiscated, and his children are taken away from him. He is not allowed to remarry. Instead, he should be taken to court and sentenced to death. If he repents, he may return to his wife and children or remarry. According to the Hanifites an apostate female is not allowed to get married. She must spend time in meditation in order to return to Islam. If she does not repent or recant, she will not be sentenced to death, but she is to be persecuted, beaten and jailed until she dies. Other schools of Shari`a demand her death. The above punishment is prescribed in a Hadith recorded by the Bukhari: "It is reported by `Abaas ... that the messenger of Allah ... said, `Whosoever changes his religion (from Islam to any other faith), kill him."

www.answering-islam.org...

Yeah, I am lying, I guess the Koran lies too and so the Islamic and Sharia laws too.

Shariah: “The source of legal rulings for all acts of those who are morally responsible is
Allah.” (a1.1, Umdat al-salik or The Reliance of the Traveller, commonly accepted work of
Shariah jurisprudence); “There is only one law which ought to be followed, and that is the
Sharia.” (Seyed Qutb); “Islam wishes to destroy all states and governments anywhere on the
face of the earth which are opposed to the ideology and program of Islam regardless of the
country or the nation which rules it. The purpose of Islam is to set up a State on the basis of
its own ideology and program.” (Seyed Abul A’ala Maududi)

www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org...

For those that believe in moderate Islam, I advise you to rethink what it realty means to be a Muslim moderate

Try harder. Nowhere in the Quran does it say that Apostasy should or must be treated with a death penalty.

﴿لاَ إِكْرَاهَ فِى الدِّينِ قَد تَّبَيَّنَ الرُّشْدُ مِنَ الْغَيِّ﴾
There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the right path has become distinct from the wrong path' (2/256)

Tafser/Interpretation: There is no compulsion in religion), meaning, "Do not force anyone to become Muslim, for Islam is plain and clear, and its proofs and evidence are plain and clear. Therefore, there is no need to force anyone to embrace Islam. Rather, whoever Allah directs to Islam, opens his heart for it and enlightens his mind, will embrace Islam with certainty.''

edit on 26-5-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Boeing777

If that is the case you are not a true Islam follower, you are the new found call "moderate" outside the Muslim Islamic theocracies in the middle east, I dare you to go to Saudi Arabia or any other country and see how you will be received by your truly Islam peers.

Sharia law is very specific and so Islam laws.

How nice of you judging me. I'm not a true Muslim, right? Whatever.

I've got nothing to with the Middle East. I'm English, born and bred. Visited Saudi Arabia? Yes I have. Do I agree on what the Saudi Royals do? Hell no! The Saudi Royals do not represent Islam in the slightest bit. They are a tyrannical regime, created by Britain, whose borders were drawn with a ruler and currently protected by the US government. Wahabism, greed and materialism matters more to them than the Sunnah.

Frankly, it's a #hole. One law and way of life for average person and one for the Royals. They even have their own airport terminals. I wouldn't recommend anybody going there expect for obvious stuff like pilgrimage.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

What makes you think they should accept Americas Democracy? Have you taken a good look at America lately? Democracy isn't working too good here.

Saudi Arabia, Iran or Iraq

I had no idea that Saudi Arabia, Iran and Iraq were the only Muslim nations in the world thanks for the info.

You have nothing on me, Islam is a law and as a law you can kill the infidels if they do not convert, is as simple as that.

And that is nothing more than a bare faced lie. Has Iran who has quite a large number of Jews killed them yet because they haven't converted? Nope
Has Hamas or the PA rounded up the Christians that live there and killed them because they haven't converted? Nope.
Saying I have nothing on someone who is doing nothing but spreading a bare faced lie is quite the compliment thanks.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

originally posted by: Xeven
What's the shock? These people believe in Islam. ISIS is trying to be literal Islam. Its like being shocked that Catholics support the Vatican... duh. They are our enemy.
We muslims are not your enemies brother .

i have nothing against you and wish you the best . wish you the happiest and healthiest life .

look bro , i am not an Arab , i'm a kurd . and i live in Iran so personally i have no contacts with any arabs , but i can assure you that this poll is 100% fabricated .

who do you think is fighting ISIS in Iraq and Syria ? in yemen ? they're 90% Arabs .

How does one reconcile a claim to being Muslim when the religion calls you to kill the unbelievers? If your not following the scripture Qur'an etc...then your not really a part of that religion are you?

Its a two faced deal and yes I know Christians do it too. How can we trust someone who says they follow a religion of murder but then says but I'm not a murderer.

Either your Muslim or your not.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The biggest difference between the Christian and the Muslim discipline is their Book. The Christians are taught to use the Bible (more specifically the New Testament) as a 'guide' to living a Christian life and the Muslims are taught the Qur'an is their Book of rules, or laws.
edit on 27-5-2015 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join