It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCK POLL: 81% Of Al Jazeera Arabic Poll Respondents Support Islamic State

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

*Gasp* You mean the American government isn't entirely forthcoming? I'm shocked. They are by far the most honourable and distinguished oligarchy, whoops, I mean democracy ever.

/end of sarcasm

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
38K out of 1.5 billion that's hardly a drop in the bucket.

Welllllllllllllll, there's 30,000 NSA employees. And that's just one agency. But we all know that American agencies wouldn't influence anything for their own purposes.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I think they know what they like and dislike.
Mostly, they don't like people aborting babies. That's a real personal thing to a lot of people. So they are not fond of those that see abortion as an "Oh, my bad," and go skipping off to a Progressive rally that wants to turn society on its head.
--Just my opinion, I don't follow politics too much and didn't do a poll of my own.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Assuming this poll hasn't been tampered with, why would you be shocked that nationalism exists elsewhere besides the US? I don't see much of a difference between this and the 71 percent approval rating Americans showed for invading Iraq in 2003. Why is it so hard to believe that we are probably seen as invaders in the Middle East?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

OF course they support IS.

I don't care what anyone says about religion.....BUT Islam is a cult and IMO most islamic people are terrorists at heart.

As far as I am concerned they are the biggest threat to man kind.....MUSLIMS

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: stopbeingnaive
Assuming this poll hasn't been tampered with, why would you be shocked that nationalism exists elsewhere besides the US?

Because the only polls that have shown this have been internet polls. And, while even scientific polls conducted by polling institutions leaves room for question, they have consistently shown the exact opposite (reference my previous post above).

I don't see much of a difference between this and the 71 percent approval rating Americans showed for invading Iraq in 2003.

True, if it were accurate, which I don't believe it is.

Why is it so hard to believe that we are probably seen as invaders in the Middle East?

It is not hard to believe that pockets of the population do indeed view us in this way, it is not hard to believe that most view us negatively; however, polls have consistently shown they despise jihadi/extremist/terrorist elements in an even more negative fashion because most Muslims want peace, through peace, and extremist elements are giving them, and Islam, a bad name. This is akin to us loathing the actions our governments take that we disagree with and give our countries a bad name. Also, I have been to the Middle East and have/know many foreign students from the various countries there that continue to tell me this same thing.

originally posted by: projectbane

Of course they do not.

I don't care what anyone says about religion.....BUT Islam is a cult and IMO most islamic people are terrorists at heart.

How many do you know, personally?

The biggest threat to mankind is hate and disgust.
edit on 5/26/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: formatting

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

Fox News has really done a number on you. I can only hope you're trolling because that is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
A scientific poll, I'm sure.

So what's the subtext here? We're supposed to think that the majority of the Muslim world supports ISIS and wants them to kill us all?

Is that what we're supposed to believe?

Powers that be want people to hate Muslims so that Israel can kill millions in the next world war.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Your OP is great...but you screwed up in my opinion. How is this a SHOCK to anyone? If you truly believe that Muslims...followers of Islam...a religion that continues where no other religion does, in its efforts to force the world to follow the rules of their God even to the extent that dying for "the cause" as it is considered greatness. If you believe that any of these people are honestly on your side, for the side of freedom...you are the biggest fool.

It is no SHOCK to find out that radical Islam, which is also the majority of Islam will lie to your face to gain positioning. If they can't win by force, they will win by numbers and political correctness. Remember when Obama took office? If you said you didn't like his tie...you were racist. Today, if you mention radical Islam you have people including the president of the United States saying you are misguided.

Sorry folks! I will not be fooled by such people. And if I'm wrong...I can change my mind or position. But if I'm right, the fall of many MORE places and the death of many MORE people are at stake. Ultimately...everyone's way of life is at stake.
edit on 5/26/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

edit on 26-5-2015 by stopbeingnaive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

WOW! You literally just said polls are unscientific and should not be trusted to rebut a couple of my statements. Then you came back and referenced polls as a reason to back up another statement. Will you make up your mind on whether you're going rely on polls or not.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

What evidence do you have to claim that most Muslims are radical? I have a feeling you would be pretty radical too if a region of the world constantly invaded your land under false pretenses.
edit on 26-5-2015 by stopbeingnaive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

What evidence do you have to claim that most Muslims are radical?

I'm not here to convince you or anyone else. If you wish to learn something...do the work yourself. I will provide you with some suggestions. Find a handful of our celebrated military vets from recent wars in the Middle East and ask them. Ask them if there are radical Muslims and ask for the truth. Then look to the locked up Mosques. Look to the preachings of the highest Muslim Clerics...hell...look to the preachings of Obama's prior religious leader. Look at France's Muslim population to see if they are demanding the changing of laws to suit their religious beliefs. Look to areas of the USA where Muslims want their barbaric laws made acceptable. And for that matter...look at the Middle East in general.

Finally...look to your own objective intelligence. Does a religion that demands conversion, death or abandonment really just want to get along with everyone? Or is their objective world wide domination? You won't get the truth from the followers over here...but you will hear it from the followers over there. The lie is peace...the religion is domination.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

That's a good one, "Ask a soldier." I'm rolling on the floor. You mean to tell me if I ask a soldier, who has invaded another's land for the benefit of said soldier's land, not of the native's, that they're not going to tell me those folks aren't just lining up to surrender? I'm shocked!!!! You just changed my whole worldview. Just what I thought. You have no real proof. You have an opinion. A soldier is not a solid source.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

That's a good one, "Ask a soldier." I'm rolling on the floor. You mean to tell me if I ask a soldier, who has invaded another's land for the benefit of said soldier's land, not of the native's, that they're not going to tell me those folks aren't just lining up to surrender? I'm shocked!!!! You just changed my whole worldview. Just what I thought. You have no real proof. You have an opinion. A soldier is not a solid source.

Well...lets consider that for a second. You...and individual that I'm guessing has most of his experience with Muslims here in the USA who would obviously never lie. And what other experience?

Or...a trained, seasoned, experienced veteran who worked with our allies overseas and against our enemies on a daily basis.

No offence, but I think I will go with the one with broader experience with both segments of Muslims.

PS: Just what do you have against our veterans especially one damn day after Memorial Day???? I'm sure everyone here would love to hear your opinion about WHY a soldier or officer of the military is not a "solid source".
edit on 5/26/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

So you don't think a soldier's opinion might be a little biased?

Spare me the nationalism BS.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

So you don't think a soldier's opinion might be a little biased?

Spare me the nationalism BS.

I thought so. See ya later.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well, maybe you at least learned what the difference is between an opinion and proof.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Well, maybe you at least learned what the difference is between an opinion and proof.

Yup...I had no clue that anyone would consider your uninformed opinion of any value compared to the items I listed, looked into and the people I've discussed this with who actually know radicals. Go figure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join