It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCK POLL: 81% Of Al Jazeera Arabic Poll Respondents Support Islamic State

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp
I believe the main point is we cannot trust online polls period because they are not scientific and can be manipulated in various ways.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

a reply to: AllSourceIntel
Those are real numbers.

Without access to the raw data and an IT security person auditing the poll, none of us can unequivocally say whether the numbers are real or not; however, what we do know about GCHQ and the Pentagon certainly allows us all to unequivocally question the legitimacy of the poll.

Not to mention that,

originally posted by: NthOther
A scientific poll, I'm sure.
, as sarcasm is a great point indeed.

So what's the subtext here? We're supposed to think that the majority of the Muslim world supports ISIS and wants them to kill us all?

Is that what we're supposed to believe?

That is what I take away from it.

I have seen enough polls to be convinced of the rough accuracy of the publicly stated (and there may be a big catch therein) desire and approval for the caliphate.

Do you mind sharing these polls?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'm not sure about AJ Arabic but AJ America is fantastic.

On topic:
How do we even know what that page actually says?

Was able to paste it into google translate... it's what is claimed.
edit on 5/25/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Mossad and the CIA working together to keep the bogeyman alive I see.

ISIS is textbook problem-reaction-solution for the military/industrial complex global agenda.

1. Kill one-scare a thousand.........(HD decapitation of the christians vids by huge blokes in black, burn a man alive in a cage................Million+ youtube hits and the main talk at the cafes') = propaganda............check

2. Divide and conquer using religion and war...........check.

3. Enslave into debt.............check.

Very good, carry on.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

No, I trust you instead.

Point being, we probably shouldn't be trusting what anyone is telling us about this "situation".

Especially me.

True enough but, each time this topic comes up it is dismissed as propaganda. Well, in this case it actually is propaganda.

I will acknowledge that there are many possible reasons for the propagation of this stuff, I merely ask that the most obvious one be given primary consideration.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Most who took part are probably the same keyboard warriors who support ISIS on Twitter & Facebook or even ISIS members themselves.

Manipulated by GCHQ/Manipulated by ISIS

To May To
Tuh Mah To
edit on 25-5-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Mixed up potataz & tomartaz!!!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"ISIL" is Obama's creation with Saudis funding.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

They are pretty tech saavy...

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

True enough but, each time this topic comes up it is dismissed as propaganda. Well, in this case it actually is propaganda.

I will acknowledge that there are many possible reasons for the propagation of this stuff, I merely ask that the most obvious one be given primary consideration.

Which would be:

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Most who took part are probably the same keyboard warriors who support ISIS on Twitter & Facebook or even ISIS members themselves.

But as the recent release of that Pentagon report

, my closing statement in the OP I believe stands as a good assumption.
edit on 5/25/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: formatting

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

They are pretty tech saavy...

Also with a lot of time on their hands...
& idle hands are the Devil's play thing.

So to speak.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

No doubt.

I consider all those alphabets and terror groups to be different branches of Satan's family tree anyways...

Different (or in this case maybe similar/identical) means to justify the same political ends.
edit on 25-5-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Bracket in the wrong place

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Is that what rush has to say about it?

Wonder how how feels about aq and the Taliban

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Those are real numbers.

Without access to the raw data and an IT security person auditing the poll, none of us can unequivocally say whether the numbers are real or not; however, what we do know about GCHQ and the Pentagon certainly allows us all to unequivocally question the legitimacy of the poll.

Not to mention that,

A scientific poll, I'm sure.
, as sarcasm is a great point indeed.

So what's the subtext here? We're supposed to think that the majority of the Muslim world supports ISIS and wants them to kill us all?

Is that what we're supposed to believe?

That is what I take away from it.

I have seen enough polls to be convinced of the rough accuracy of the publicly stated (and there may be a big catch therein) desire and approval for the caliphate.

Do you mind sharing these polls?

The actual point I was making is that public criticism of the islamic state is very likely to be severely frowned upon.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Snarl
Well ... The first question I'd have to ask myself is: Would Al Jizzera have published this if the numbers had gone the other way?

The REAL question is, "Would Breitbart have picked it up if it had gone the other way?"

LOL

Touché!!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Which would be:

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

But as the recent release of that Pentagon report

, my closing statement in the OP I believe stands as a good assumption.

I get it, you think it is a mirage.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Gee, thats because Zero Hedge is such a truthful news source... lol.. okay.

You go on thinking the poll that was done by Al Jazeera has been tampered with by the US.,.

seriously.. I keep telling people that from a Muslim and a Muslim perspective, that extremism is on the rise, no USA interference necessary, and when I was a Muslim myself, you people didn't believe me because its more fun for you to hate the US than face the truth..

And the truth is, extremism is on the rise in the Muslim community, at an alarming rate.

But that is okay, you go on believing Alex Jones and Zero Hedge and all those other journalists in it for the money, instead of someone who was inside of Islam, and inside the community, and Al Jazeera, who is on the inside of the Muslim community..

I miss the rolling eyes emoticon,, seriously I do.
edit on 25-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Polls are ridiculously unreliable and statistically proven to be false. Add in that it was an internet poll, all bets are off as to its legitimacy.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
You go on thinking the poll that was done by Al Jazeera has been tampered with by the US.,.

OK, I will. It's the only thing that makes sense. I appreciate your approval.
We ALL know that the American gov't doesn't lie to the world and it's own citizens. A beacon of democracy.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: intrepid

Gee, thats because Zero Hedge is such a truthful news source... lol.. okay.

seriously.. I keep telling people that from a Muslim and a Muslim perspective, that extremism is on the rise, no USA interference necessary, and when I was a Muslim myself, you people didn't believe me because its more fun for you to hate the US than face the truth..

And the truth is, extremism is on the rise in the Muslim community, at an alarming rate.

But that is okay, you go on believing Alex Jones and Zero Hedge and all those other journalists in it for the money, instead of someone who was inside of Islam, and inside the community, and Al Jazeera, who is on the inside of the Muslim community..

I miss the rolling eyes emoticon,, seriously I do.

No one is questioning whether Islamic extremism is on the rise or not, that is evident in the numbers ISIS and other groups keep recruiting. What everyone is questioning, is whether Western governments are taking advantage of that extremism and using it as a driving force to cement more extremist attitudes and action, and, the motive and agenda behind that.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
38K out of 1.5 billion that's hardly a drop in the bucket. If you were to do a poll among people of any faith asking if you thought your religion should have it's own state the results would be the same.

Its biggest viewership numbers come from Egypt and Saudi Arabia

Why is this not a shocker.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join