It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Tell Me, Where Do You Stand?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

It wasn't viable ,there could BE no successful outcome if our "allies" couldn't fight for themselves ,we aren't used to people who are not as capable as we are, so we thought they would, 58,000 troops later they figured it out.
Democracy is quite HARD to do.
But for the uplifting of the individual it IS the best choice for OUR Republic.

edit on 25-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You hit the nail on the head.

But if it hadn't been for the protest I think we would've been there much longer than Afghanistan. Fresh out of McCartneyism, there were some really paranoid people in politics then.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Martin Luther King wasn't angry?

Gandhi wasn't angry?

Those college students weren't angry, while protesting Vietnam?

Anger can be channeled into peaceful protest. It's been done many times in the past.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Think the TV box as a hand! with all kind of news , always some discussions with heated passion and strong feelings from strong opinions...debates shows entertainment etc # that makes us sad, mad, happy ... but really decides what we should feel about everything..

And think about what the other hand you never see are doing..

this box that was never intended to be like it is today,, have been used as a distraction, some..or most of us always thought it could be to sway different groups of people in different directions(something that came along the last decade)

but really its just an distraction sadly, the stuff that goes behind the scenes would makes us all want to smash this box.
edit on 25-5-2015 by Animula because: my english is awesome...

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

Good thread here....being white and a licensed firearm carrier....I personally like to make no race distinction except we are all the "human race"...but Ive always saw those "of color" have been the most oppressed in the US here.

There should be just as much both ways as to outrage. I guess old oppression both ways takes a long time...never really fading away completely.
MS

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

What's most disturbing to me is the police are our last line of defense...I expect to be on their side.

How can I cover someone's back if I ain't cool with the way they handle themselves under pressure? I would have to take my own cover, making them less valid in my eye.

Police departments are hiring people that mess their pants and shoot someone dead before the DA even learns the 'victims' name, while soiling the entire department.

Only recently have officers been indicted. Much work ahead.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Its only wrong if white people do it. Black people kill each other every day and no riots because that's ok. Black people sold their own into slavery and we don't have to talk about that because its black people. The first slave owner in the US was a black man and we don't have to talk about that because he was black. Only a very small percentage of white people were slave owners when slavery was at its peak so lets hold all white people alive today accountable for something that happened 200 years ago.

While you are thinking about that, think about this too. Why is it only in the US that black people are still going on and on and on about slavery? Black people live all over the world. I have travelled. I have seen them myself. And only in this country do they act like idiots. Yes, I said it. If I drive up to Canada I see black people that are in every respect just like white people, except for the color of their skin. They dress the same, they talk the same, they act the same. And guess what? They are treated the same. In this country black people act like fools, dress like fools, talk like fools, and guess what? They are treated like fools.

Sorry, but I had to say it. Its not hate speech, its just observation. Yes, there are always exceptions. I don't deny that.

Before anyone goes off, yes, I know there are white idiots too. I see them every day. But in this area if I were to estimate a percentage of whites who act/talk/dress like that compared to the percentage of blacks...it would be very very lopsided. Again, just telling the truth about what I see. I am not out looking for differences, just saying what I see.

Think of it this way: Every day there is a black person on television saying that black people don't get hired as often as white people. Every day a black person says black people don't get paid as much as white people. Every day black people say the white people are keeping them down. I hear it every day. So do the police. Then they go to work and the first thing they see is a young black guy driving a $100k Jaguar. What are they supposed to think? They were just told by black people that black people cant afford cars like that. But they are wrong for believing them because that means they are assuming the car is stolen. They are in a no win situation. And that's not their fault.

I don't condone the excessive force police are using these days. Not at all. Lots of people get shot every day in the projects downtown and its not white people going down there shooting the place up, its the people who live there. So when police show up thinking there is a strong possibility that the people there are armed they are automatically put in a no win situation. That doesn't mean its ok to shoot an unarmed kid or an old lady who reaches into her handbag. But it means that black people have to take some responsibility for they way they act and subsequently the way they are treated.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Ye ,yes THERE is ,pilliging to preserve the name of a criminal MAKES it so.
AGAIN go after the PROTECTED LEADERS not the beat cops if YOU INDEED want to change a damn thing .
OTHERWISE you are onlty a newproblem ,more get shot and the circle of revenge continues while the leadrship gets paid.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I don't think paranoid covers the cold calculationg monsters who causr these things to happent and perpetuate them.
I also can't tell WHY people are ALL acting NUTS since about 2003 (As near as I can tell whn logic BEGAN to take a nose dive ,no spacific EVENT to claim just a personal observation).
I would perhaps qualify isf there wasn't sufficient reason to be this way.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I don't think paranoid covers the cold calculationg monsters who causr these things to happent and perpetuate them.

I was kind of generous wasn't I?
edit on 25-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You can't swear here so YOU did what you could...

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Sorry, it was unintentional! Thanks for giving your hard thoughtful insightful opinion, I will try to respond to it when I can find it, okay?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Well peace worked in the past.

MLK is rolling over in his grave.

Peaceful movements have always been the most effective.

Ask this guy if you could.

Yet I am stuck in a generation that preaches peace while backing terrorist and rioters. The best way to protest is to stand above the violence not demean yourself to that level.

Too bad his own people have forgotten this.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Actually it's too bad a generation has forgotten this.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join