It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting aircraft type things to see in California.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

There are several aircraft storage areas around California, and Arizona. If you had the time and were willing to drive, I'd say to go Pinal, which is also right near Davis Monthan, which is by the Boneyard. Pinal is a huge storage area. There's one not TOO far from Edwards though, in Victorville that has a lot of 747s parked out there, along with a bunch of others. It's probably only 80-90 miles from Edwards.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is too orgasmic for words.......

Not sure if it's resident at Chino or just visiting for that photo,but ohhhhhhhhhhh my godddddddddddd!!!!!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Do you mean George AFB?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Used to be George, now it's the Southern California Logistics Airport. Also known as where 747s go to die.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You can buy one.

Not shiney enough,but it's a start

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

It's a fixer upper. You can always make it shinier.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Used to be George, now it's the Southern California Logistics Airport. Also known as where 747s go to die.

So civilian and no longer air force property now?

Oh and although it's been a dream of mine to visit Davis-Monthan for as long as I can remember,I'm already running out of holiday days so might have to come back next year and do the middle part of America.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

The California ANG flies Predators out of there for training, so there's still some military presence there, but it's primarily civilian now.

It's about an 8 hour drive to Tuscon from Victorville, so it's definitely a day trip. Worth it though. You can see Lakotas and other helicopters flying around Pinal, along with all the aircraft stored there.
edit on 5/29/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx
This is too orgasmic for words.......

Not sure if it's resident at Chino or just visiting for that photo,but ohhhhhhhhhhh my godddddddddddd!!!!!

The only color is CHROME.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Victorville is do-able in a day as it's only 100 miles from where I'm staying and sort of on the same route as Palmdale.Tucson is nearly 500 miles so will have to wait until 2016.

It's a shame though they don't have a 'spotter friendly' fence at Victorville.......

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
A long time ago now my wife and i visited friends stationed out of Spokane . We met them while they were stationed at DSC Woomera a support town for Nurrunga a base apparently full of janitors , yes they had to say that . Anyways we visited the AFB near Spokane . Upon approaching the base my mate said "try to jump the fence and get to those planes " . Apparently they were loaded with nukes just idling away . Later we went to the end of the runway and watched plane after plane doing touch and go landings . Oddly or perhaps not so much the AAFCAANS on base was the only one i could not go into , the only one out of many. Pretty awesome sight and even though we were set back a long way from the end of the runway we could still feel the wash . Mind you not as large as when the galaxy took of in Woomera . Now that was special even if me and the car were pelted with rocks .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

There are some good spots at Victorville where you can see the entire parking area from the road. Don't even have to get out of your car to see most of the aircraft there.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Also at Chino Airport is Yanks Air Museum. FYI They are having an open cockpit day on June 20th

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Cool story bro!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

So not all the fencing is so high you need a ladder to see over it?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benzer

Also at Chino Airport is Yanks Air Museum. FYI They are having an open cockpit day on June 20th

Ok thanks for that,but don't they know I'm in Yosemite on the 20th? (LOL!)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Not at all. And what there is is mostly chain link so you can shoot through it easily enough.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Ok thanks,I reckon that'll give me enough to look at to keep me occupied for about 6 months. Shame I'n only there for just under three weeks

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

After a nice drive up to Palmdale today I find the Blackbird airpark is now only open friday to sunday
edit on 25-6-2015 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join