It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iridescent arm hair? WTF?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
So for awhile now I've noticed that in sunlight my arm hair is a bit iridescent, I figured this was either due to natural body oils causing the oil-slick like effect, or maybe just random color variation or something, but I've been totally unable to find any mention of this online.

I had bright blonde hair when younger, which turned medium brown as I got older, but it's just tripping me out every time I'm in the sun I can see blues, greens, purples, reds, yellows, etc depending on how the light hits my hair. Others can see it too, I made sure I wasn't just loosing my mind. Their arm hair did nothing unusual in the sun, although they had much darker hair than I do.

I bathe regularly so it's not like I have some crazy greasy body but as far as I can tell mammals do not have the ability to produce the iridescent effect like beetles and other creatures do, so I'm at a loss. Anyone else with light colored arm hair want to go into the sun and see if you can notice any iridescent effect?

(Because this is ATS I figure I'll put this disclaimer in here: I don't suspect I'm an alien hybrid, or a beetle-man, or peacock boy, just a normal human who's curiosity gets the best of him)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

Oh oh your turning into a blue hair and the only thing you can do is move to Del Boca Vista in Florida and retire.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

My dog's fur does that. It's black. I don't know what causes it but it's cool.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

That hair business goes back to your youth, and remember you had that wrist watch with glow-in-the-dark dial?
That radium got into your system and has finally started working its way out. As I recall from some obscure study I think I read once, the next stage has your eye lashes shooting sparks everyday between 2 & 4 GMT. Something about the gravitational flux of the planet being low at those hours and causing random discharges in susceptible types.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Sounds wild! What little arm hair I have is pale blonde (on my head it's golden), but I never noticed colors like that! I will check again on the next bright day, assuming the rain stuff ever quits, lol! I'd be curious in your shoes, too!

top topics

join