It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laughter produces gamma waves (the brain's most powerful) like kindness meditation and NDEs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tenis

Turn the other cheek and run.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Hows ur cave bro?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
S and f

Berry berry interesting.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Here's the interesting thing. If laughing releases gamma wave frequencies, and telepathy is real (as you and VoidHawk experienced it), then by laughing, you're doing something loving. By releasing this frequency of laughter in the air/universe, it can spread to others; and it will help to increase their joy and bring all of the mental and physical healing properties laughing has.

Laughter is healing. It improves the function of blood vessels, reduces the risk of heart problems, relaxes the body, relieves stress and tension (good for social awkwardness), and increases the immune system. Laughter is healing. It's a good thing the Spiritual community is focusing on this more with Laughter-Yoga, and Holy Laugh (feeling The Holy Spirit and Laughing).

I also believe prayer spreads energy, and that there are beings who will add their energy to give even more strength to your prayer when the prayer is compassionate/kind (God/Angels). Also, notice how selfish emotions (jealousy, greed, etc.) naturally messes up fulfillment, joy, and laughter, and leaves an empty feeling inside even though it disguises itself as "helpful".

Share more if you want about Heaven/Telepathy/Gamma Waves. Very interesting stuff.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Spreading laughter is important as all the other things you mentioned. I'll go through each one. First improvement in the blood vessels YES, reduces the risk of heart problems YES, relaxes the body OH YES, relieves stress and tension YES (good for social awkwardness) YES, and increases the immune system AND YES. I think you covered most of it. Final conclusion is YES ITS GOOD FOR YOU. Comedy is the cure for a healthy life you guys!

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Yeah, those selfish emotions like jealousy and greed NOT GOOD. The Bible states this - Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Keep up the laughter you guys unless you want to be stressed to the point of dying from it.

edit on 26-5-2015 by tenis because: forgot proper spelling on a word

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm confused about the nature of brain waves, and I'll probably end up answering my own question:

The brain wave is the rate of which synaptic firings occurr throughout the whole, yes? That these firing actions have a certain mass/energy/existence/frequency, means that there is an actual transmission of waveforms through the air and its not just a localized event? Like a vibrating needle throws sounds in a phonograph? Would not this be the basis for the telepathy contention?

I know that meditation is an active restructuring of neural signal pathways. I wonder if laughter is having the same "deprogramming" effect.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that crying produces gamma waves too. I did a group meditation once - it was Osho - Mystic Rose meditation. 20 minutes of collective laughter (contagious, without a reason, very funny) followed by 20 minutes of crying and a silence contemplation in the end. It's remarkable how the laughter opens the doors and makes the crying easy. Both seem to be coming from the vital (belly) contracting a diaphragm like it gets a portion of electricity and warmth from the solar plexus but crying is better IMO. Unlike two sides of a coin. In both cases is the energy coming to the oneness heart but i feel that cry is the winner. It is more of a blue light wisdom-heart-extasy than a red vital energy from below often coming from ignorance. Not that one has to be good and the other evil. Just a food for thought.
edit on 29/5/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out):

edit on 29/5/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out): grammar

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Apparently laughter is also a killer workout that will totally slay your abs into shape.

Enjoy.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomorangatangarang
I'm confused about the nature of brain waves, and I'll probably end up answering my own question:

The brain wave is the rate of which synaptic firings occurr throughout the whole, yes? That these firing actions have a certain mass/energy/existence/frequency, means that there is an actual transmission of waveforms through the air and its not just a localized event? Like a vibrating needle throws sounds in a phonograph? Would not this be the basis for the telepathy contention?

I know that meditation is an active restructuring of neural signal pathways. I wonder if laughter is having the same "deprogramming" effect.

From what I gathered it is an emergent property of the the collective neural actions and synchrony/desynchrony of your brain. Analyzing brain waves is very consistent in being able to indicate the mental state of the subject. Gamma waves are the highest frequency brain-wave known to be emitted by the human brain: these waves go outside the brain (which is how I think telepathy is able to occur), but, the EEG measures them by attaching electrodes to the scalp.

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
I'm pretty sure that crying produces gamma waves too.

And, laughter can make you cry. Usually crying is associated with intense empathy (love?). I've even cried when I reached intense revelations about life, which is another trigger for gamma waves. This study "Emotion Classification based on Gamma-band EEG" found that crying does elicit gamma waves, and they assumed it was due to the intense empathetic response.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Interesting and insightful reasoning.

It is also worth noting that the activities, that produce gamma waves, that we have been speaking about - i.e., meditation, laughing, crying, love, etc. - are all about going beyond oneself in one way or another. In some sense, they are all rooted in an urge to transcend the self-knot or ego-I via ecstasy or feeling beyond one's usual presumption of being a separate self.

Kind of gives a different slant to the old sayings - "I nearly died of laughter!" or "I loved her to death!"

edit on 5/29/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I have a CD I listen to that induces gamma brainwaves. Got it from Dr Jeffrey Thompson.
I also have one for alpha, alpha-theta, theta, delta, and the very slowest epsilon waves. That last is dreamy trippy and almost always makes me have great dreams.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Ooo ok I I know what the first one is! Want me to say?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
LOL! I don't think that is allowed.

Did you ever start laughing completely hysterically and unstoppably with your lover during one of those unmentionable occasions? That must be an incredibly healthy gamma-fest! Unless of course it causes a heart-attack. Hmmm, that might end up being meditative though.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I've seen 55Hz as the kundalini frequency in some tantric music. I'd be careful forcing brainwaves into unknown frequencies though. Someone says that 50 Hz (used in electric grid in some countries) is unhealthy. Then we have a set of
Schumann resonances 33.83 Hz, 40.33 Hz, 46.83 Hz, 53.33 Hz, 59.83 Hz. They could be helpful but who knows?
What if your personal frequency is exactly 74.543Hz and everything else will make you depersonalized because it doesn't match with a frequency your mind used to make neuronal patches? What if the brain needs to oscillate? The research is poor.

Personally I'm content with an emotion-free state. In a Buddha style you know - no monkey-screaming laughter oneness with stupidity and no later crying.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Here's the interesting thing. If laughing releases gamma wave frequencies, and telepathy is real (as you and VoidHawk experienced it), then by laughing, you're doing something loving. By releasing this frequency of laughter in the air/universe, it can spread to others; and it will help to increase their joy and bring all of the mental and physical healing properties laughing has.

Laughter is healing. It improves the function of blood vessels, reduces the risk of heart problems, relaxes the body, relieves stress and tension (good for social awkwardness), and increases the immune system. Laughter is healing. It's a good thing the Spiritual community is focusing on this more with Laughter-Yoga, and Holy Laugh (feeling The Holy Spirit and Laughing).

I also believe prayer spreads energy, and that there are beings who will add their energy to give even more strength to your prayer when the prayer is compassionate/kind (God/Angels). Also, notice how selfish emotions (jealousy, greed, etc.) naturally messes up fulfillment, joy, and laughter, and leaves an empty feeling inside even though it disguises itself as "helpful".

originally posted by: bb23108
Interesting and insightful reasoning.

It is also worth noting that the activities, that produce gamma waves, that we have been speaking about - i.e., meditation, laughing, crying, love, etc. - are all about going beyond oneself in one way or another. In some sense, they are all rooted in an urge to transcend the self-knot or ego-I via ecstasy or feeling beyond one's usual presumption of being a separate self.

Yeah exactly. And that's when the magic starts to happen.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Aside from Gamma Waves, although this reaction could trigger a metabolic response as well, I imagine laughing and crying to also "detox" the brain of cortisol and adrenaline. I think there are a few scientific studies on this, but a lot of scientists believe crying is merely psychosomatic, but I am pretty certain it is specifically biochemical in nature. It's the first thing a baby does when it enters the world, and often times you hear people say that they "cry themselves to sleep" and similar things. It seems to also relate to oxytocin, Dr. Paul Zac studies oxytocin in the body and its levels spike dramatically in people having empathic or emotional responses of all kinds, particularly crying. He told me in an email that he wouldn't be surprised if oxytocin could be measured in tears themselves. But I assume the Gamma Wave activation is firing up the pineal gland and the other chakra energies you mentioned as well.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

I agree with you that laughter feels like it comes from The Solar Plexus area. I have done 20 minutes of laughter, but not crying (I'd have trouble doing it spontaneously; fake laughter eventually turns real).

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's much easier after the real fits of laughter which is much easier in a group of experienced laughters
- people experienced in catharsis. I had a problem with a crying too for maybe 10 minutes so I grabbed a book with a sad Zen master's poem which worked. I can usually count on watching Forrest Gump btw. That movie is a pearl. It's all in one. Smile, cry, be enlightened in two hour package.
I was so serious in that time with meditation, God seeking and stuff like Zen emptiness that I didn't believe I can even express any laughter. Then one guy started like heeeee heeeee heeeeeeeee and a few others found it somewhat funny which continued as a chain reaction. It seems that people need a pack leader who can start an amazing monkey symphony.
It's very rejuvenating and socializing. I see a causal link between the heart chakra body-expression and a social behaviour.
The exercise was done lying on back with no eye contact with others which I found useful. The 20 minutes time periods were started and ended with a chime. However I've found a version for a single with a week as the time period:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 30/5/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: filled out):

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join