It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laughter produces gamma waves (the brain's most powerful) like kindness meditation and NDEs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
When a person has a Near Death Experience (when they are dying, leaving their bodies and seeing The Light) their brain produces gamma waves which are the most powerful in the brain. These are the only wave frequencies that engage the entire brain at once.

When scientists induced gamma waves while a person was sleeping, they woke up in their dream and had a Lucid Dream. These frequencies represent the highest awareness/consciousness known.

And the more you laugh, the more you should notice these perks. “It’s similar to the way regular exercise reconditions and reprograms your body over time,” says Berk. “With regular laughter, you’re optimizing your brain’s response to this experience.”

Previous research shows that laughter also acts as an antidepressant, reduces risk of heart disease, and helps reduce the body’s inflammatory response. “There’s no reason it shouldn’t be prescribed by doctors as part of a gamut of healthy lifestyle changes,” says Berk. “Unlike food and exercise, you can’t O.D. on laughter—at least I haven’t seen it!”

Laughter Therapy The New Meditation - Time.com

For more information about the 5 different brain waves check out this article at mentalhealthdaily.com

This means being less serious and finding more things to laugh at in life to be happy, increases the consciousness of the planet.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is why the world has been in perpetual war for as far back as recorded history, those in power don't want us to be happy and thus raise our levels of consciousness and see past their illusions. How can one be happy and have laughter when the majority of the time there is war and conflict?

I think the best thing to do is not to focus on the bad happening around the world, only focus on the good. Only then can you be happy and only then will you see past the illusion those in power have created.

Matthew 6
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

This is some great advice in my opinion, do not worry and you'll find happiness.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

In India,they have laughter yoga.
Its the antidote to depression,and it works.

Those times when you laugh the hardest,when you lose control through laughing-they feel awesome don't they?

Damn right its good for you.
Its the second best thing ever!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So this is along the same lines as people using binural beats for various reasons?

Meditation has been shown to increase the presence of gamma waves in the brain, with the longer and more focused the meditation the stronger the results.

There's also a theory floating about that gamma waves are responsible for self awareness in humans. Hard to find credible links for things like this that aren't woo-woo.
edit on 25-5-2015 by OhOkYeah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OhOkYeah

I chose those two websites because it just gives the research without adding anything spiritual to it. There is no, what you called "woo woo" on it, take a look.
edit on 25-5-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

I chose those two websites because it just gives the research without adding anything spiritual to it. There is no, what you called "woo woo" on it, take a look.

Yes, I checked out both links. Went on read a few more articles from that mentalhealthdaily site. But I was actually referring to the theory that gamma waves are responsible for self awareness/consciousness in humans. Seems as though this theory hasn't reached the point of being testable on animals, but it is interesting. Would be fascinating if we could create consciousness in non-humans as a result of studies such as these.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

This reminds me of the movie Monsters INC, monsters frightening kids to get their power until they realize making them laugh gives them 10x more energy.
But yeah , I thought it was common knowledge, the more you laugh the happier you are.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yea, I also think it's not just negative news, but focusing too much on conspiracy theories makes people feel hopeless about the world.

Interesting idea! We know when a human is sleeping inducing gamma waves causes lucid dreams, but I don't think there are studies on this for animals yet. This may alsobe a great way to check and see if animals have lucid dreams.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Those times when you laugh the hardest,when you lose control through laughing-they feel awesome don't they?

Not when you laugh so hard that you pee your pants! (Not that that has happened to me of course.)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Are these gamma waves transmited?
if so..
Could they be received by another person?

I ask because of something that happened. I was playing a guessing game with my freinds 5 year old son. I would start to write a word on a small chalkboard, and he had to guess the word before I finnished writing it.
He started guessing the words faster and faster, and because he was so quick we were both laughing, and the quicker he guessed the words, the more we laughed. He became so fast that he was guessing the word as soon as the chalk touched the board, but I had not written anything!!!

I've always thought that it was the laughing that had us both so in-tune with each other, but now I wonder if the gamma waves could be transmiters?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Not when you laugh so hard that you pee your pants! (Not that that has happened to me of course.)

If you can notice you have peed yourself,you ain't laughing hard enough.
You need to be laughing so hard you are on the verge of passing out,tunnel vision style to reach that gamma wave place.
Just before you reach that place,you are in agony-pleading that you will pass out to stop the pain and laughter.

Those are the times.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Very interesting! There are some theories that if telepathy (mind-reading) exists, it may happen through brainwaves frequencies.

Scientists made a machine that turns brainwaves into words: News Article

So, in my opinion, yes, I think telepathy (mind to mind communication; mind-reading) does happen between people.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Cool studies. Thanks.

Good to see that old adage "Laughter is the best medicine" getting more scientific proof - though for those that often enjoy a good laugh, such proof is self-evident.

I have often found that laughter is a form of ecstasy. When laughing with someone else we often release our usual sense of separate self in a kind of mad enjoyment in which there is a real feeling of unity and intimacy, even whole bodily bliss, in our complete abandonment of social face, etc.

Yes, being humorous with one another is no different than expressing love, when we do it without irony and self-consciousness.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Think happy thoughts and fly...O wait, we need pixie dust.

I saw commercial saying Jesus had a low joy ceiling.
edit on 25-5-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Scientists need to slow down with gamma wave inductions. Having and lucid dream overload.
edit on 25-5-2015 by tenis because: edit

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

I saw a commercial about storms and floods in texas
edit on 25-5-2015 by tenis because: edit

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Are these gamma waves transmited?
if so..
Could they be received by another person?

I ask because of something that happened. I was playing a guessing game with my freinds 5 year old son. I would start to write a word on a small chalkboard, and he had to guess the word before I finnished writing it.
He started guessing the words faster and faster, and because he was so quick we were both laughing, and the quicker he guessed the words, the more we laughed. He became so fast that he was guessing the word as soon as the chalk touched the board, but I had not written anything!!!

I've always thought that it was the laughing that had us both so in-tune with each other, but now I wonder if the gamma waves could be transmiters?

Yes. I'm glad someone mentioned this before me. Gamma waves are correlated to the above mentioned things. Meditation, especially when one thought of "unconditional loving kindness" (Lutz et al. (2004). Long-term meditators self-induce high-amplitude gamma synchrony during mental practice.), laughter, intense revelations (the feeling during a eureka moment).

Psilocybin mushrooms have been found to decrease all waveform in the brain, EXCEPT gamma waves (Muthukumaraswamy et al. (2013) Broadband cortical desynchronization underlies the human psychedelic state). This means during a psilocin trip, you are left feeling a stronger sense of gamma wave activation. I am with 100% certainty that I became telepathic during a mushroom trip, with EVERYONE. (I found others who had similar experiences: www.shroomery.org...) It was more of a feeling of emotions, or whatever the precursor to words is, that was being sent telepathically. It was instantaneous, as if our minds worked at the same time. Oddly, only ONE person ever explicitly confirmed to me that this telepathy was occurring. Usually when I would inquire to the other person as to if they are feeling the same, they would look a little confused, but then IMMEDIATELY be able to start communicating telepathically again.

Essentially, Gamma waves are us becoming in-tuned to "heaven". This is why God/Eternal Being "knows" everything you are thinking. Heaven is awaiting us to become in-tuned to it in our lifetime. I equate God to the internet, and we are computers (individual egos) using the internet (consciousness). I interpret this following passage as the apostles reaching this state of being:

"All the believers were one in heart and mind." (Acts 4:32)

Psilocybin mushrooms give you an artificial boost into this realm, but it can be facilitated naturally by love, philosophical conversations (plato believed the simple act of discussing philosophy/the truth propelled one into the heavenly state), altruism, laughter, etc. I discovered on my psilocybin trips that you are expelled from this realm by any selfish emotions, and unbelief that what is occurring is possible.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.
edit on 25-5-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Oh mushrooms are great. Really good. And oh Acts. I love Acts.
edit on 25-5-2015 by tenis because: forgot something cant tell you what

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I thought about this just last night, in thinking about various types of exercise I do - going to the gym and mental exercise like reading or (trying) to meditate - I also thought about laughter specifically as exercise. I didn't realize the biochemical components of it, although I always tended to have the intuition that laughing, crying and sneezing all are mediated by pineal gland secretions of a specific sort, but laughter and genuinely smiling also makes people's faces look much... nicer - more pleasant. After a while, stress and forgetting about comedy and such can make one's face all sullen-like.

Great article, thanks for sharing it!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

Meditation is important. What i like to do is find a nice quiet spot where i can observe the sky or water or both and watch the seagulls flying. It relaxes me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join