It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Punching a Hole in the Clouds: O’Hare Airport UFO 2006 Revisited

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman
I might be wrong, but I seem to remember that they showed a picture of the hole in the clouds above O'hare on
the news that evening. That's what made this incident stick in my mind.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: justdust
a reply to: mirageman
I might be wrong, but I seem to remember that they showed a picture of the hole in the clouds above O'hare on
the news that evening. That's what made this incident stick in my mind.

I suspect whatever you saw was either a reconstruction or a similar photo of a hole in the clouds. Because nothing has surfaced on video from the day that hasn't been proven to be a fake. Another member recalls seeing a photo on a UFO documentary but even that seems to have turned up nothing either.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I would love for this to be revisited by some experts and journalists to do some digging. As someone who lives in the chicago area, this has always been a very popular topic amongst myself and my aviation friends. Certainly enough time has passed where a few employees would be willing to talk you would think. A new, fresh investigation is warranted in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I do not know how many have seen the administrative aftermath that ensues when a pilot or airport personnel report an "anomalous flying object". I did back in the 70's, and it is the reason why most will finally "agree" that what they saw was most likely a weather phenomena. I saw pilots actually put down the pen when asked to officially report, and walk away.

It is bad for careers, and also when you have mouths to feed. Such is the nature of these incidents, and it is obvious that there are many events we will never even hear about.
edit on 21-12-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

What makes it a negative subject to report on?

Do they assume you are not mentally stable? That its not a possibility, or too outlandish for a pilot who's responsible for the lives of its passengers?

Or is it because the government doesn't want the truth to come out?

" Whats your opinion, seeing as you have been in that situation "?

As for a reason for hiding a possible conspiracy. What do the select few, that possibly know the truth yield? IS it advanced technology that the US doesn't want another country to know about? Id suspect if we were using alien technology is would be more apparent. Replacing elevators with teleporters and such
But from the outside, it seems that most of the world powers are about on par with each other in terms of "technology"

So if its a "world" wide conspiracy with only the elite knowing the truth. What are they gaining?

So much just doesn't make sense. It feels like we are in the same spot we were 20 years ago.. but with only more questions now.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
a reply to: charlyv

What makes it a negative subject to report on?

Do they assume you are not mentally stable? That its not a possibility, or too outlandish for a pilot who's responsible for the lives of its passengers?

Or is it because the government doesn't want the truth to come out?

" Whats your opinion, seeing as you have been in that situation "?

As for a reason for hiding a possible conspiracy. What do the select few, that possibly know the truth yield? IS it advanced technology that the US doesn't want another country to know about? Id suspect if we were using alien technology is would be more apparent. Replacing elevators with teleporters and such
But from the outside, it seems that most of the world powers are about on par with each other in terms of "technology"

So if its a "world" wide conspiracy with only the elite knowing the truth. What are they gaining?

So much just doesn't make sense. It feels like we are in the same spot we were 20 years ago.. but with only more questions now.

Basically, reporting a UFO is somewhat taboo in both civilian as well as military, unless it was felt that there was danger, or the aircraft had to deviate it's course to avoid something. That would be classified as a near miss, and the reporting would be mandatory. If there were many witnesses, that may override the hesitation because the cat is already out of the bag, and you may be called to verify whatever happened.

It is the amount of paperwork, lengthy interviews , reports to various agencies and it goes in your record. There is no conspiracy going on with the pilots or airport/base personell, they just do not need the hastle and depending upon the importance of their jobs, they may not want certain superiors to have anything that could cause them to scrutinize you, especially if you are up for a promotion. Like I said, it is the nature of the process they would like to avoid.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

"I have to say too that the FAA didn't exactly cover themselves in glory, and by intentionally not investigating this event from the word go, has all sorts of connotations. What would they do had this ended up a collision, say with secret military or an unknown piece of airwear and a passenger plane, they are all fallible it seems?"

Well-said. O'Hare is an intensely busy airport, especially at the time of day when that event occurred. Which is why it makes absolutely no rational sense to speculate that the military would place an anomalous object in the air directly over one of O'Hare's terminals during rush hour and in rainy/misty weather close to twilight. If that were the case it would have been an open invitation to disaster with great loss of life and loss of facilities at O'Hare. Not to mention, but I will, the consequent legal and financial consequences. It's an absurd speculation.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join