It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Punching a Hole in the Clouds: O’Hare Airport UFO 2006 Revisited

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have been in the aviation world my entire working career. I've spent many trips to ORD and worked with the tower and radar (Elgin) controllers. This is NOT something ANYONE would make up. The field to too touchy about these types of reports and you take your livelihood in your hands by speaking out, especially if your a controller or pilot. My guess, it's real. These types of events happen. The fact that a retired FAA executive came out supporting the event of the Japan 747, along with transcripts and radar tape adds credibility to this story. His account of visiting the Whitehouse with the radar documentation and having it confiscated along with the "This never happened. We were never here" statement makes events like this all the more credible. He's NOT Making this story up.
As far as the disk being dangerous, moving directly up over and airport is not inherently dangerous. There's nothing flying over the top of ramps. Now, when it get higher, say 12,000 feet, different story. Anyway, I'd say it's real.
edit on 26-5-2015 by wrkn4livn because: Sp

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

...and ultimately the tapes of the air traffic (we have them both here on ATS somewhere)

Hey Springer,

Do you know where? I scoured the site best I can and I can't find them anywhere and I'm dying to hear them.

Thanks,

edit on 26-5-2015 by Bybyots because: P.S. Had no idea you were in to boutique Hotels. They're cool aren't they?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

That's what's bizarre...Lightning, bullets, jets-they all generate a sonic boom because it's a byproduct of friction. But these UFO's don't, it's like they were never there…

If you've ever seen one, that is a weird aspect of their characteristics.

Like you say, nothing but nothing on earth is capable of that.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There's a lot to be said about this case, and as someone who worked the first 72 hours straight on images and interviewing "anonymous" after it broke - and digging into it deeper in the years since, I can safely say there is a lot of misgivings about the entire event.

I have pages of notes from my many hours long conversations with "anonymous" that contain facts no one has yet heard, nor have I ever seen brought up. They seem to support things I have only found out in fairly recent years.

The single photograph that seems to have been taken right on the runway - well, let me say this: the actual location based on runway ID (and it's the only runway it could possibly be) was pegged by 'anonymous' before she or anyone else knew about that photo. In other words, her first sighting of it confirms the location of the object in line of sight.

First issue: it was not over Gate C17. It later was sighted over Gate C17, yes, but you're not hearing one thing in any report thus far: that it moved. It was only sighted over Gate C17 by workers - but that isn't where it first was sighted.

There's more, which I have been working on and off on for years now. When I get it all compiled and put together in some organized fashion I'm happy to post it for peer review and cross checking.

One big issue is the why the photo was shelved as inconclusive: there was supposed evidence of non-hoax tampering. In other words, the photo showed very interesting things - but it was thought that someone might have inserted a pixel symmetry that didn't effect the photo at all in terms of content - but one that was meant to marginalize it. I have since found that there is far more to that than previously thought, given the luxury of time and contemplation.

At any rate, I have not left the O'Hare event for more than a month since it happened. There's much more to it all, and after I get some things verified and assembled I'll certainly post it all. Just wanted to clear up those couple misgivings. The Gate C17 thing is/was the biggest misconception I wanted to mention.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

originally posted by: mirageman

The FAA decided that no further investigation was needed as the sighting was caused by an unusual weather phenomenon. O’Hare airport officials stated that all people had seen was lights reflecting off of the clouds.

So what kind of weather phenomenon, or lights reflecting off of clouds mirrors this description?:

According to eye witnesses it stayed around for somewhere between 5 to 15 minutes and then disappeared at a rapid rate piercing a distinct hole as if it had cut through the cloud cover.

One possibility would be condensed water vapor fro m the air conditioning systems in the airport. That would rise up until a particular altitude where the water vapor would condense into a cloud shape directly above the airport. You would need a warm windless day for this.

Conventional supersonic aircraft generate sonic booms because air molecules bounce off the surface of the aircraft before bouncing off the stationary air molecules nearby and ping-ponging between the two, leading to a shock wave that follows the aircraft. Your UFO might try and move air from the top of the craft to the bottom, and use air pressure alone to rapidly ascend.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

The UFO Hunter episode plays all the tapes

link 1
link 2
edit on 26-5-2015 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Most talked about incident of the twenty one century I guess..
and still we got people who are debunking.

They really live under a rock.. almost a complete airport , passenger an pilot see a UFO , the typical saucer shaped disc and they call it a Frisbee ..

How many close encounter incidents have to happen before they tell the public that once we thought that the earth was flat and once we believed that we were the only ones in the universe. . Why does the history repeating sound always have to take a life time to admit.

The restrainer can't restrain for ever...
edit on 0b39America/ChicagoTue, 26 May 2015 15:13:39 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 26 May 2015 15:13:39 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Hello again Bybyots. Thanks for dropping in.

The transcription (I used) is taken from the NARCAP Report (starting on page 34).

Report of an Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon and its Safety Implications at O'Hare International Airport on November 7, 2006

Knowing your love for these type of documents you may want to have a browse.It's a lot shorter than Condign.

I've not read it in detail myself but will be doing.

Dave doesn't say, “Oh, it starts Sue", he says "Don't start Sue", (with big yuckity yucks all 'round). You can see in Kean's transcript that she heard it that way too. It's Dave's Chicago accent.

Having listened again I think "Don't start Sue" is definitely what is said (although there is a lot of noise as he speaks it). I also got the impression that "Dave" had been told stories like this before and was getting rather fed up of hearing them.

Our respected friend 111DPKING111 has posted the links to a source for the audio tapes already.

This specific conversation starts about 9:30 into the below video.

For posterity here is part 2 as well for anyone who wants to see the whole program.

I was also wondering if the phrase "So someone got a picture of it." should perhaps be "So someone got a picture of it?". More a question and not a statement. I'm really not sure.

edit on 26/5/15 by mirageman because: added second video

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I actually remember following this case as it was developing on ATS long before I was member. It was actually quite a revelation to see how it was being kept alive with the power of the internet and of course ATS owners and members . We all know how 99% of news stories (not just UFO ones) break and then fade away. But this was different.

It would be a chore to read the whole of the epic thread all over again : -

O'Hare Airport UFO Sightings - UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

However there was some very interesting analysis and comment going on. Your own comments and efforts to get to the bottom of it can only be applauded. I think for a short time ATS was actually making inroads. However the 'window of opportunity' was probably during the immediate days after Nov 7th 2006 and that 'window' was kept tightly shut until the New Year of 2007. So unlike the recent 'Roswell slides' thread we never reached a conclusion or answers we were looking for.

So thanks for filling in some of the blanks of what was going on back then. It really sounds like there was a massive clampdown on airport employees speaking about this incident. Perhaps the financial situation at United had added more pressure? Anything that could have a negative impact on passenger numbers had to be taken care of and so it seems it was.

But what the hell was that object?

By the way that really is so sad that our anonymous witness passed away so suddenly. I had not realised that.

May she rest in peace.

edit on 26/5/15 by mirageman because: edit

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jritzmann

Thank you Mr. Ritzmann for clarifying some things especially where the object was first sighted. If it hadn't have been for the original 2007 thread and your vigilant debunking of (what we now know to be) fake photos then I may have never created this thread. I look forward to what you have to say in the future on this case.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

Thank you, Sir.

I don't think that's the complete recordings, I think they just peppered the show with the bits that they thought most relevant to their story-line.

I sure would like to find a source for them that is complete.

Thanks a million though,

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: 111DPKING111

One of the better UFO Hunters episodes went into detail on this sighting.
They say NARCAP did a study and showed there was a blind spot for the tower, at about the height the UFO was sighted.

Thanks for reminding me where I heard that. They knew the blindspots. Love to know why they did that.

More recon than "ringing the door bell and running"?

Frankly, I don't understand why 111DPKING111 didn't link that study, while the line of view was part of the study, the study itself, (link below) is incredible in detail, just about everything was examined, and I mean, examined. So for 111DPKING111 to further remark,

"I do think there are some exceptional cases where we probably disagree on this point, however this is not one of them. Just not enough." after, "They say NARCAP did a study" is so out there as to be in Narnia, and makes no sense at all, whether the, "Just not enough" remark alludes to the study content, or the viability of the sighting as given.
The study was made by Richard F. Haines, Et Al...(the surname sounds familiar) an Ex-NASA man.

www.narcap.org...

After you have read, (I'll see you next week)
You may just come to more than one conclusion of the whole episode.

One area concerns the radar, and why it's not prudent to say, "If it's not on radar there is nothing there" which is seems is the FAA defense against the need for further investigation, as apposed to a warning that was given to incoming traffic, at the time to be on the lookout for the, "Ah! UFO".
If nothing else, it makes the FAA a bit vulnerable, at the very least locally.
edit on 26-5-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Wow, thanks for posting this OP, fascinating read.

Rebel 5

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Knowing your love for these type of documents you may want to have a browse. It's a lot shorter than Condign.

Ah, I honestly have no love for these sort of documents. Project Condign and I fell in together by accident, all of a sudden. I have come to love the report, I suppose, through some sort of Stockholm Syndrome. We are certainly hitched now, for better or worse. The report really isn't that long, it's full of maps and pictures and graphs; you ought to check it out.

I'll do my best with NARCAP, but it seems to be kind of this alarmist scree that says, "See, we told you so, and now you'd better take us seriously and secure America's airports", while my bride, Project Condign, would stand by it's original recommendation to pilots and controllers, which would be that they take no evasive actions whatsoever, as PC's report found that the evasive actions and UFO-chasing is usually what kills pilots evading or chasing UAPs.

I'll be honest with you, "Someone got a picture of it", is starting to sound to me like Sue is actually saying, "Well, I'd like to take a picture of it, so if you guys see anything...". I just can't be sure. Maybe I'll haul out audacity, haven't done that since the Israel hoax, and try to understand what she is saying. It seemed more important yesterday, as things often do.

I also got the impression that "Dave" had been told stories like this before and was getting rather fed up of hearing them.

Yeah, there is something going on there with Sue and Dave, and after hearing the bit with the United Taxi Mechanics (above video #1 10:57) I'm am deeply impressed with how hesitant the United employees are to get mixed up in the situation. It's probably because when some tower (or anyone for that matter) at O'Hare calls the FAA tower with anything even remotely like a "UFO" and they actually have to do anything about it, nobody gets to go home on time. Americans hate that.

ETA: In a nutshell, the question that I'm getting at is: Were the United employees trying to force the FAAs hand on this? Maybe this had been going on a lot, and the United folks got tired of being brushed off.
edit on 26-5-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: wrkn4livn

thank you for your post and your comments. I appreciate them.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What's amazing to me is how a 5 minute appearance of something in the sky can trigger (literally) millions of words in newspapers, forums, blogs, etc.. over the past 8 years.

I could understand all this chatter if the UFO actually did something, or affected something. But as far as the event itself, this Ohare Airport UFO is ranked pretty low on the excitement meter.

Hopefully one of our esteemed investigators will uncover something that will make this incident exciting...such as some kind of contact between the UFO and someone at the airport.

I guess that's what we're all waiting for with every UFO incident isn't it...verification of communication occurring between Non-Earth intelligence and authorities?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Do you mean like, 'The day the Earth stood still..or it never happened' terms?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What's amazing to me is how a 5 minute appearance of something in the sky can trigger (literally) millions of words in newspapers, forums, blogs, etc.. over the past 8 years.

That is an incredibly astute observation. A lot of the time it doesn't even require the appearance of anything, just another person's story of the appearance of something.

Trippy, right?

edit on 26-5-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I could understand all this chatter if the UFO actually did something, or affected something. But as far as the event itself, this Ohare Airport UFO is ranked pretty low on the excitement meter.

Hopefully one of our esteemed investigators will uncover something that will make this incident exciting...such as some kind of contact between the UFO and someone at the airport.

I guess that's what we're all waiting for with every UFO incident isn't it...verification of communication occurring between Non-Earth intelligence and authorities?

Possible definitive proof of an ongoing ET interaction with Earth isn't interesting enough for you? For if this one can't be explained as weather or secret projects (which explanations have pretty much been ruled out), then the ET one certainly moves close to the top.

So tens of thousands from around the world have seen other worldly craft, thousands have seen actual grays, and you need communication to seal it for you?

Or do you really need official government recognition as some on here some to crave, unable to resolve the cognitive dissonance resulting from mountains of evidence on the one hand and persistent government denials on the other?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

maybe carewemust needs something like this:

edit on 5272015 by justbe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join