It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China state paper warns of war over South China Sea unless U.S. backs down

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BentBone
And you have the audacity to call them allies.

Sorry, did no such thing. Since when does my calling the Philippines an ally mean Cuba is. Your comprehension needs work.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
to the chinnese agents in here,everyone can see on the map that china is at fault here,,,and comparing what the ancient english did ,to what china is doing now is not acceptable,,,

hundreds of years have passed,,we have evolved are higher educated.
and would it not be more humane if this island was taken away from any nation state and given to misplaced humans due to extreme weather or reginal conflicts.

in essence a new land for the worlds displaced
so for this i do support military and economic pressure

(side note for the chinnese agents in here just to show im nuetral ,,, america is the land they stole from the native indian )

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Just did a quick scan of your threads and posts I like to know who I am talking to.

I find it ironic your alias is Occams Rzr.

You denied spying - snowden came out

You denied secret elite meetings - Bilderbergers came out

You deny aliens - people get abducted every day.

The good thing is that things will get so bad even people like you will wake up.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Just did a quick scan of your threads and posts I like to know who I am talking to.

The good thing is that things will get so bad even people like you will wake up.

So you post a bunch of opinions and statements with no facts at all. You don't even post my quotes, instead you simply make stuff up.

Exactly what I expect from you. Every time you make ridiculous statements and I prove them wrong you jump to another topic with new goalposts.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

Exactly, and the Natives did not say oh it's ok take it all. They did it by force, and the natives resisted. As they should have. As those who China is now attacking should resist, along with their allies, which includes America.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: aholic

I have to say that Diego Garcia is a British island that the US has leased space on for a military base.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: aholic

So other thank linking to a wiki that has nothing to do with the topic, and then being unable to provide one single instance and articulate why it's related, you have nothing to contribute?

Thought so. Next time don't act like an ass and start off with ad-hominems, and then make statements you either can't or refuse to back up.

Hint, this would be like the US creating islands on the Eastern shore of Siberia and claiming the entire ocean between Alaska and Russia as US territory, and stealing all the resources in said ocean from Russia.

Nothing like that was ever done. You got nothing. Stop making claims you can't back up.

I agreed with you about the Chinese stealing land from their neighbours, but in the above post you asked for one example, then having been given it you dismissed it......? Its the same thing.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Did you read the definition of Occam's razor?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Or you miscalculated your power and your ethics and it will end badly for you.

Over there chant "Yankee go home" is popular.

You clearly bumped your head pal. Blabber on though, it doesn't change reality. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Its worth it to mention, you're right. But it wasn't until we leased the land in the 60's that the inhabitants were "asked" to leave so that we could build our base. And it was a US led program to move them out, all 450+ families. But true, the UK still maintains ownership of the island.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Sounds like we need a cat 5 typhoon to reclaim those little islands the Chinese are building on in international waters, just to keep the peace. I think I might pray for a powerful storm, just to keep the peace. I imagine the Chinese might rebuild fast though. Seems like it might be cheaper for China just to build a fleet rather than keep losing islands to storms. Give it time.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
China is in the right.

It's earliest claims to these Islands goes back beyond 200 bc, China while having undergone various transformation has retained a calendar and civilization since long before that no one else even remotely has a claim as a civilization to those waters and that is how they see it and I have to agree with them.

Vietnam would be next in line for some kind of recognition, Vietnam which of course broke away from and was actually part of China until the 9th century? It's been a long time so I wont go quite so far as to say "If anything China has a fair assertion that Vietnam belongs to China let alone some islands China was fishing 1000 years before they stopped being a part of China"

Next in line to a legit claim would be the Philippines, which was created after the Spanish took it over from hunter gatherers for all intents and purposes creating an "entirely new" people for all intents and purposes and then decided it was "okay" to sell it to America lol, who then thought it was okay to believe they could "own" this place next door to China because well.... the Spanish sold it to them so it must be okay right? Then fought a war with them to "hang on to it" (something China hasn't done yet btw) then the Japanese took it and now for like... a few decades it's the Philippines we know and love aside from some pseudo revolutions and it has claim to the islands in the south china sea... because ...errrr why? We sort of invented it from a bunch of our wars where we went around the world from Europe and like... claimed it in a sea we say China can't control that it's fishing in for 2000 + years..

Then Taiwan... which is Chinese but we sorta supported the "old govt" which as given the boot ages ago but felt like going into exile and keep saying it's "China" sort of like if... The leaders of the Confederacy had sailed to Puerto Rico set up shop and kept Calling themselves "America" until I dunno.... well beyond WW2

Cut it out lol

If China could, it would have every freakin right in the world to lay the smack down on the USA then head over slap Britain, Amsterdam and Spain as well.

What the freakin heck is the Philippines anyway lol, one of America and Europe's frankenstein creations of the past 2 centuries, who of everyone else... isn't actually Chinese particularly Taiwan anyway

Oh yeah... Brunei, there's another sob in China's zone that "belongs" to own something lol

I Love my life, I never want war...

But we'll god damned deserve it if China or India or both kick our collective Western insane behinds permanently one day...

Here's the real question, what in the gods name of this Earth gives US any say in the matter?

There wasn't an "England" when China as China was fishing those waters, let alone anything to be described as a United States for another 1900 years...

We "bought them" from "Spain" then made some decisions from there waving hello to the Chinese and their 4700 year old Calendar from a boat... while the British were... never mind lol

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Well if we're going on historic claims we better start redrawing maps and giving territory back to the countries that previously had claims on them.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

This is not about history, much of which is legend, but about international law. China, like Russia, is taking advantage of the fact that the United States can no longer project power abroad. The American Empire has fallen and the vultures are swooping in. Those two wannabe superpowers better enjoy their moment in the sun while they can. Twenty years from now everyone will be blaming them for everything that is wrong with the world, just as they have been blaming America for the past fifty years and Britain before that.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hey zaph,

If China ever went to war with the US or another nation over those island,since they have no real ability to project force out to those islands or really protect them, can we steal it from them and make it ours?

Like let them build it, let them get into hot water with someone else, then take it during the upheaval and use it for our own needs. Sorta like a " thanks for building us this nice base in which to further project force onto your mainland with, suckers!"

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

They actually can get force out there, just not persistent force, like with a couple carriers. Their bombers would be a real threat to any ships, and their newer Sukhoi aircraft have the range to get there and loiter a short time.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Also a possible factor is a quick territory grab-oil- before the next President is elected. Not unlike Isis and Putin.

Presenting a fait accompli for the next president offers a much tougher 'removal' effort than stopping it now.

Likely they end up keeping the new territory basically because it's just not worth a major scrap. Gotta watch out for those evil "neocons" though. Guffaw...

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So you're saying one week tops and they'd be finished? Something about those carriers all sinking at the exact same time by unseen usa assets? their jets being lost and confused once they get on station? I dunno that's what I think you typed.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Don't underestimate them. Russia and China have passed the US in some areas. They could at least hold their own short term. Add in the distances and the advantage belongs to China.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I really don't see the need for carriers. There's a whole island with airfields on it not too far from those islands it's called the Philippines. It happens to have some large naval bases including Subic Bay. But what do I know?

It's kind of hard to sink in island ?
edit on 28-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join