It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China state paper warns of war over South China Sea unless U.S. backs down

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
With less than 2 dozen ICBMs and the Pentagon having a plan for every conceivable contingency this doesn't worry me too much in terms of a war. Russia would never get involved and the Chinese military in the region wouldn't last through the weekend. If anything hot did erupt we would have them cornered against negotiating table pretty quickly. China knows this better than anyone on this thread and won't be shooting down any P-8s, take my word for it.

The United States, also, won't intervene. We will monitor, VERY closely as we always do but in the end of the day it will be up to the will of the regional players to do something about it militarily if they wish. And fortunately, I don't see that happening. China will have their islands. We have many outpost in the Pacific and the Indian, they wan't theirs now.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: aholic
The United States, also, won't intervene. We will monitor, VERY closely as we always do but in the end of the day it will be up to the will of the regional players to do something about it militarily if they wish. And fortunately, I don't see that happening. China will have their islands. We have many outpost in the Pacific and the Indian, they wan't theirs now.

This has nothing to do with outposts. It has to do with them stealing land and resources from their neighbors, who happen to be US allies. They don't care about the outposts, they are just a means to an end.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sure it does. Our outpost dotted around the planet have everything to do with resources. Try not to be so inane.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Sure it does. Our outpost dotted around the planet have everything to do with resources. Try not to be so inane.

Awesome. Give me one example of the USA using an outpost to steal another countries land, and claim it as our own. I'll wait.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

No problem, I could go on.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: aholic

You are going to have to go on. You have yet to show a single instance. There is no outpost created to steal land and resources from another country.

Acting like an ass and using ad-hominems and linking useless wiki articles won't cut it. The Bikini Atoll is so laughably not at all what we are discussing. Stop being so inane.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Okey doke. Then what have you say about Diego Garcia?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Okey doke. Then what have you say about Diego Garcia?

How about you tell me what you think, and why it's analogous to China manufacturing islands in order to claim a tract of ocean 1000 miles from their shores, stealing land and resources in the process.

You told me there are many examples of the US doing the exact same thing. So show me some and tell me how it's the same.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Sorry pal but if you can't read the parallel between what China is doing and what the US has done and is doing then you are quite lost. They are playing catch up to a game we've been rigging for quite some time now. If you can't see how bases like Diego and the many others in the Pacific, enable our control and flow of resources then I can't help you. The US is a country that has had no issue relocating peoples and land grabbing in order to persevere its military dominance. Read a book.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: aholic

So other thank linking to a wiki that has nothing to do with the topic, and then being unable to provide one single instance and articulate why it's related, you have nothing to contribute?

Thought so. Next time don't act like an ass and start off with ad-hominems, and then make statements you either can't or refuse to back up.

Hint, this would be like the US creating islands on the Eastern shore of Siberia and claiming the entire ocean between Alaska and Russia as US territory, and stealing all the resources in said ocean from Russia.

Nothing like that was ever done. You got nothing. Stop making claims you can't back up.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Actually no it wouldn't. I'm just amazed that so many of you here are astonished or dumbfounded (pick which ever you'd like) that a growing regional power would do such a thing as this. When the UK and US having been conducting the same behavior for years. I'm not here Occams to provide you with an education, I'm sorry. Why don't you read up on the Marshall Islands and get back to me. Hint, they are 3x as far from the US mainland as The Philippines are from China.

btw you've spelled your username incorrectly.
edit on 27-5-2015 by aholic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Actually no it wouldn't. I'm just amazed that so many of you here are astonished or dumbfounded (pick which ever you'd like) that a growing regional power would do such a thing as this. When the UK and US having been conducting the same behavior for years.

Yet you completely refuse or are unable to give one single example.

I'm not here Occams to provide you with an education, I'm sorry. Why don't you read up on the Marshall Islands and get back to me.

It's a good thing too. Hard to teach someone else when you yourself seem to know nothing. The same Marshall Islands that the US took from Japan in WWII? The same Marshall Islands who the US gave independence to? Can you explain what that has to do with the Chinese CREATING islands that do not exist within the Philippines territory and claiming the area now belongs to them, along with the ENTIRE OCEAN between that island and Mainland China?

Hint, they are 3x as far from the US mainland as The Philippines are from China.

Hint, the US did not claim the entire Pacific Ocean between the Marshall Islands and the Continental US, can you show me where they did?

btw you've spelled your username incorrectly.

BTW more useless posts from you with literally nothing of substance and nothing from you to back up any of your foolish claims. And no, I did not, we can add that to the list of wrong things you have posted.

Show me the US doing this, I will wait for it.

edit on 27-5-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

It should be stated that for a username of sorts you sure do make a lot of assumptions.

I really shouldn't defend myself but since I can't sleep I'll entertain you. I've given you two basic examples, and there are dozens more if you care to look. I don't know why you'd defend the US so heartedly in this case. My main point here was that this is really no big deal and the Chinese will build what they build and it is a regional issue in the end. The US would not engage over the islands and I'm sorry you are so rung up on this. The US gov't will let them have their territory and you'll just have to keep whining about it on websites such as these. I bet you thought WW3 was going to erupt over Crimea as well, no?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

It should be stated that for a username of sorts you sure do make a lot of assumptions.

Asking you to tell me why something is analogous is making an assumption? I have made zero assumptions. You have made false assertions.

I really shouldn't defend myself but since I can't sleep I'll entertain you. I've given you two basic examples, and there are dozens more if you care to look. I don't know why you'd defend the US so heartedly in this case.

I am not defending the US. Can you show me one example of my having done so? You are making false claims which I ask you to explain how they are not false and you flat out refuse.

My main point here was that this is really no big deal and the Chinese will build what they build and it is a regional issue in the end.

Stealing land is no big deal? Can you explain how this is a regional issue since they are actively attacking US allies?

The US would not engage over the islands and I'm sorry you are so rung up on this. The US gov't will let them have their territory and you'll just have to keep whining about it on websites such as these. I bet you thought WW3 was going to erupt over Crimea as well, no?

Awesome logical fallacies, keep them coming. What does the US engaging or not engaging have to do at all with what China is doing, whether it's right? How is my user name spelled wrong again?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Yeah I don't have time for this anymore. I've been in the business awhile, you'll just have to trust me.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Yeah I don't have time for this anymore. I've been in the business awhile, you'll just have to trust me.

Spoken like someone trying to blow a lot of hot air.

Am I also trusting you that Occam's Razor is not spelled Occam's Razor?

Bye.
edit on 27-5-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Oh so Cuba is your ally now Lol

Americans crack me up

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Or you miscalculated your power and your ethics and it will end badly for you.

Over there chant "Yankee go home" is popular.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BentBone

Oh so Cuba is your ally now Lol

Americans crack me up

What does that have to do with them signing a lease agreement to the US?

If I tell you I will lease you a room in my house if you help me move in, and you help me move in, I can't then rip up our agreement. All of which has literally nothing to do with China building islands, stealing territory, and claiming 1000 miles of Ocean.

The fact you people can't come up with one single coherent retort says all that needs to be said.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Okay fine I guess I will have to spell it out for you after all you are probably educated in the US.

When you go to Cuba from Canada, as you exit the bus they take your pic/video with a guy standing with a camera.

As you start enjoying Cuba you take a random guide bus to Havana with a guide spending half the trip talking about the nasty things Americans have been doing and trying to do to them since the revolution.

Needless to say THEY REALLY LOVE YOU THERE

And you have the audacity to call them allies.

I assure you your American bs which is designed for internal consumption would not trick even a squirrel oversees anywhere in the world.

Might no longer makes right, people of the world want to be treated with respect, that's how you make allies in the future.

Please continue on

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join