It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China state paper warns of war over South China Sea unless U.S. backs down

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I said it before, and I'll say it again. If those countries of Southeast Asia and the South Pacific want to deal with China, what they really need to do is ally-up. Stop bickering with each other, make some agreements, and create a mutual defence pact. Individually they're not much, but combined they're quite an economic engine almost on par with China itself. Doing that much would stop this nonsense in it's tracks, because China would then have to take them seriously.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Yet, we have never slaughtered millions and millions of our own people like both Russia and China have done.

i consider the us civil war to point to the opposite.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

They are. Go back a couple pages and I posted an article about the first ever joint exercise between Japan and the Philippines. There's a lot of history to overcome. Korea and Japan only get along because of the US.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: fixitwcw
i consider the us civil war to point to the opposite.

Well you need to study up on your history a little more my friend, because it is believed that up to 620,000 total Americans were killed in the American Civil War.

Sorry, but that hardly equates to the estimated 40 - 60 million people who Mao butchered. Not to mention so many being innocent, and didn't Even sign up for his War.

Nice try though. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This map makes it obvious who the Aggressor is at the moment in that area.

edit on 26-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BentBone

Even if true. Not your fight not your problem.

Does china make fuss about Guantanamo you got going in Cuba ! ?

Why would they? Cuba leased Guantanamo to us. Course since the revolution they have only cashed one check, but it's in the interests of U.S National Security that we stay put there for now.

Plus, It's 90 miles from the Coast of Florida, USA. The Spratly Islands are more than 1000 miles away from mainland China, so your argument makes no sense whatsoever. The Philippines are 163 miles from those Islands, what is wrong with you?

Listen to me, It is our fight, and it is our problem. It's going to continue to be our problem, and that is not going to change. So if China is smart, they will pick their battles and reconsider their options. This will only end bad for them. ~$heopleNation

edit on 26-5-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
IMO China are being aggressive and provocative building this airbase in the Spratly Islands, a long way from the Chinese mainland and much closer to other countries like the Philippines and Malaysia.
The US navy and US air force could probably destroy the Chinese navy and air force in about a week IMO.

Hell the Russians even told them the U.S. would clean their clock in 24 hours but they apparently missed that memo. I think China is rather funny, the way they tell our aircraft YOU GO! YOU GO NOW!! LMAO. Wrong ways broder is probably looking for some payback haha.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

China does not take anyone but Russia and hardly India seriously and that is the whole issue. Vietnam should start getting real loud with China. China wants no part of the Viet Cong after they took a bloody beating from them already.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: EA006

Let's not turn this into a thread where we disparage an entire group of people for no reason.

Let's not get our knickers in a twist.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BentBone
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Even if true. Not your fight not your problem.

Does china make fuss about Guantanamo you got going in Cuba ! ?

Did we attack Cuba recently?

We have treaties with these nations, they are American allies.

So since you are proven wrong on your earlier assertions you move the goalposts.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

We have this in our morning news today:

India, Vietnam ink 5-year defence pact amid Chinese naval expansion

India, Vietnam agree to scale up defence cooperation

Defence officials refused to share details of the vision statement saying it was "classified".

Vietnam has been progressively moving towards India to counter China. I remember talks of Vietnam offering India a naval base on their land.

But personally I dont like such mutual defence pact. It would be very bad to be drawn into a conflict with China due to Vietnam.
edit on 27/5/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

It's not like India and China are friends. If China gains enough strength they will bully India further, they already have conflict with India.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's not like India and China are friends. If China gains enough strength they will bully India further, they already have conflict with India.

They were never friends, thats what I pointed out above. Huge territorial disputes! Vietnam will be using this to seek protection from China by signing defence pacts with India and offering India their land for naval bases in SCS.

But for now India is openly only talking of setup of cilivilian space tracking and control systems in Vietnam, no talks of military involvement in Vietnam yet, except of this defence pact.

Things are getting real complicated. Multiple alliances forming.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I was merely saying if India isolates itself for fear of a Chinese invasion then sooner or later there will be no one left to befriend because China will control all of Asia, and then it will be there turn anyways.

China's aggression is unheard of in today's world. Appeasement does not work against bullies.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Most sabre rattling is for internal consumption. Not all of it, but the majority of it.

Especially a country with brewing issues, not only externally, but internally.

This sort of jibber-jabber has been going on since the Revolution, come to think of it, there was some of this during WWII from Chian-ki-shek (sp?), too.

So hardly anything new here.

When they stop talking is when you want to start worrying, I should think.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Difference being that China is doing more than talking. They are actively stealing land as we speak. They basically said screw you to the international community and is playing chicken. They are going to keep driving straight on saying what are you going to do about it.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I am sure, before it comes to that, there will be direct confrontation between India and China (90% it will go nuclear). India's new leadership wont allow Chinese bullying. Just today the defence minister of India said :

"Our Army of 1.3 million is not to 'preach peace'", Manohar Parrikar.

Along with the signing of the defence pact with Vietnam. Things are sure heating up. No doubt.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Well rather than war I would like to see China simply be a good neighbor. Unfortunately the Chinese have always considered themselves superior to others, and I don't see that happening.

No war is best, a war now is better than a war later. I really don't see it turning nuclear.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I find it interesting, the stance China is taki9ng in the south China sea considering their inability to adequately project force.

The islands they are building will offset the lack of naval projection but only up to a point. While China has a large ground military they lack the assets needed to deploy them, especially air and sea.

I think China is trying to saber rattle in hopes no one calls their bluff. The exact same card Russia is playing. If china had the ability then I doubt Taiwan would be in the position it is in today.
edit on 27-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Once they do that we owe them NOTHING there will be NO DEBT as their assets will be confiscated.
Then we will show them WHY they are regional ONLY.
they aren't a power OUTSIDE of China.
Vietnam who ran them off.
If THEY try to go toe to toe with us we will probably whip out some of our whiz bang tech.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join