It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China state paper warns of war over South China Sea unless U.S. backs down

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: joho99

What DJW001 said basically, Historically land grabbing starts wars. Not only are they stealing land and resources, they will be fishing the area too. Other Countries depend on those fish to feed their populations. I am afraid to say that this is going to quickly escalate. ~$heopleNation

edit on 29-5-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Developments:www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: criticalhit

And China gave up their rights to the territory voluntarily. They had no interest in anything in that area until the resources were found. Then suddenly it was all about history.

Those statements ARE fair my friend.

None the less, If I had a house and a guy named Dutch moved in next door and he had a gun and decided because I never put up a fence he was going to settle the Apple Tree next to my house with his lawn chair, then another guy Named British flat out started parking his car in my Garage and then a Guy named Spain bought my Car from the guy named Dutch because he was in my Garage then when I tried to maybe say something about a Guy named America showed up with His Motorcycle Gang "The Carrier Battle Group" and threw a party on my lawn... and banged my wife

I'd agree with their claims and sign the treaty too...

That is Until I had the time to Modify an Assault rifle, then i'd kill all those pricks...

Just sayin...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
And don't get me wrong in any of that...

The absurdity of the fictional situation is matched only by the way IMHO China and India as well were treated by the West and also Japan.

I kind of vaguely remember something from WW2 in regards to a nation whose populace felt like it had be stepped all over and the rally behind some guy... Hipster? I think was his name... I think a few people died from all that

Honestly, we can't afford to "fix" all the trouble spots ourselves, if China wants to push around a bit and "modify" some locations around it's borders a bit, I say we talk it out and if it is hands off Japan and SK who are vital to our interests I say we let them because that's who we are in the Gulf of Mexico, and in a lot of places we don't even remotely belong and truth be told, to me as much as I love the Taiwanese and I DO... that's like them messing with us if Texas goes loose... and Vietnam was a part of China and fighting there didn't do us a damn bit of good aside from a lot of screwed up cats wandering down Hollywood Blvd asking for change and the Philippines is a mess and we can let China fix it when they get hit by another 63 Typhoons...

They can't do any worse if we respect them and let them handle their corner of the globe than we did in such far flung places as Iraq and Vietnam and Afghanistan... let them spend the money not us.

Beyond that, who dies if we have any fight in this arena? Vietnamese, Indonesians, Phillipinos, then who get's dragged in? Japan, SK.... you push that UN guy right over to China again in a minute this way..

Global recession at best, beautiful modern nations like SK and Japan blown to bits by rockets, the giant Chinese economy in tatters

And for what the Chinese want the Gas to get off Coal and continue modernizing and propping up the global economy? I have to ask what would let's say the Phillipinos get out of it anyway? American companies will get access and they wont get squat, that's what, they will still be poor as snails anyway, we aren't "helping" them we'd likely be helping BP and guys like Cheeny and the Koch brother anyway

Will it help me? nooooooooo so why do I want my kids to fight, the truth is given our track record the Chinese just might do a better job stabilizing the region if the loot goes to them... certainly it isn't going to "help" anyone to create a war with China in the "South (operative word here) CHINA Sea"

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

and if you allow China to do what you suggest where exactly do you draw the line on them stopping?

History has shown us time and again that appeasement does not work. Chinas actions are in violation of UN / International law. The tense situation is being caused by China by making the sovereignty claims they are.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

And using the same logic, say you own a bunch of houses around town, and are renting them out. Then one group decides that they don't want to pay rent anymore, so when you go to collect it, they threaten you and run you off without paying. Then another one says, "Well it worked for them" and they threaten you and stop paying, until eventually you don't have any homes left bringing in rent.....

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join