It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Put the Crown Face Image on Mars Through Photo Editing And This Is What I Got

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: WarminIndy

Now that you have each other's attention, can I just point out that the CIA now has come forward and admitted its involvement in covering up UFOs and using the NSA to do it through a campaign of misinformation and disinformation?

And what exactly does that have to do with the premise of this thread as it is discussing the so called face on Mars...what does the CIA and UFO's here on Earth have to do with it?

This forum is about ALIENS and UFOs, right?

If the mods think it should be elsewhere then let the mods move it.

But now, in this thread I have provided said evidence of a government coverup of UFOs.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Nice Indy. Wish I'd have run across this when you first posted it. I find it interesting that we're so divided as a species on this type of thing. Some of us look to the stars, and have no problem believing life could have developed, risen, thrived, and went extinct many times before we came along. So it's no surprise to us that the ruins of a long past civilization might be found in our own solar system. Others NEED us to be the only life that has ever existed in the universe. What you've found here is intriguing, whether or not it is "real". S&F from me.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I find it intriguing as well. I'll be keeping an open mind on this one.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
But now, in this thread I have provided said evidence of a government coverup of UFOs.

You have provided no such thing.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Awesome, where?
No where in this thread have I seen anything other than people want to believe that a natural formation looks like a face so where is the Govt coverup of UFOs?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I think if it is mere natural landscape then there should be no recognizable imagery if the photo is upside down..so here it is....

Why is that a valid assumption.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

One of my favorites. Thank you.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This thread clearly demonstrates the folly of believing something simply because you want to. What the OP posted is a vaguely-human looking 'face' naturally occurring on another planet, darkened somewhat, scribbled o. in Paint, and presented that as proof of a massive government coverup of UFOs.

To suggest that not only were there people on Mars in the far distant past capable of creating vaguely human faces that to a trained eye look exactly like natural formations, but that their faces looked like ours is beyond absurd. It's quasi-religious magical thinking. Why would they create this image, visible only from orbit, made from ridges and gullies that look for all the world 100% natural? To what end, to blow your mind millions if years later?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones
"Best Pareidolia pics I have ever seen"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
a timely thread

just sayin

Did you know that pareidolia is actually an art device? Bet you didn't know.

And did you know the Rohrshach test is also pareidolia?

From Leonardo daVinci

If you look at any walls spotted with various stains or with a mixture of different kinds of stones, if you are about to invent some scene you will be able to see in it a resemblance to various different landscapes adorned with mountains, rivers, rocks, trees, plains, wide valleys, and various groups of hills. You will also be able to see divers combats and figures in quick movement, and strange expressions of faces, and outlandish costumes, and an infinite number of things which you can then reduce into separate and well conceived forms.”

Maybe it's because I am seeing something you aren't and that's what makes me special?

Had to sign up, because I don't like it when my favorite artist is taken out of context!

What Da Vinci was explaining here, is a very common technique used by artists of every medium to this day. When you create a field of randomized "objects", your eyes and in turn your mind, will start creating realistic scenes from the imagination, which then, with enough training and skill, can be rendered into sketches, finished drawings, and eventually paintings.

He didn't need to look at a real scenery to draw one, nor does any really skilled artist in this day and age. Many, including Da Vinci in his days, I'm sure, don't even need the filled surface, from experience I can tell that when you've been drawing for a long enough time, even a BLANK page can be filled (in the mind's eye) with to-be visuals, improv sketch artists use that concept all the time, the imagination projects on the paper a combination of ALL the things it has ever seen, into something unique, recognizable and interesting

It is indeed an awesome art technique, but how this has anything to do with you seeing a face in a natural formation, however, is kinda beyond me...

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Legman
Its still pareidolia and Pareidolia is still a very cool thing.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The Great Pyramid and Sphinx were not designed to be viewed from altitude. If this rock formation were of Man made/humanoid origin then its designed to be viewed from above. But its not and is simply a trick produced by our eyes and mind. If you were able to actually stand anywhere near the formation chances are it would not resemble a face, crown or otherwise.
edit on 25-5-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

This forum is about ALIENS and UFOs, right?

It sure is...but I asked a question about what you said, as it had nothing to do with what forum it's in.

Your thread is about the supposed face on Mars, right?

So I asked what the CIA and UFO's on Earth have to do with the topic of the thread...nothing more.

No...No you haven't.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Okay let's try this...

The face on Mars up close...

Here’s a picture you probably won’t see in the tabloid racks while waiting in line at the grocery store. This is the famous “Face on Mars,” and is the closest image ever of this landform, taken by the best Mars camera ever, HiRISE on the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. And it certainly looks like …. the top of mesa, which is exactly what it is. This feature in the Cydonia region of Mars is most likely a lava dome that has created an isolated mesa or butte-like structure, i.e., a hill. Compare this image to the original image from the Viking orbiter from 1976 image, below, which created such a furor, including a whole new culture of conspiracy theories, books, late-night radio talk show discussion and even a full-length feature film. Alas, its just a hill.

www.universetoday.com...

More at the link...with pics.

And a video...

Enjoy...
edit on 25-5-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The only time I have a problem with the use of pareidolia is when it includes "that aren't there".

I, personally, was never able to see any of the computer poster images that were so popular in mall kiosks during the '80s. Telling me to "let my eyes go out of focus" never helped, I just plain didn't see what everyone else saw.

That's only one example, though. During most of the '70s I worked at a factory that made dining room tables. I was the helper on the panel saw that began the process of making tops and drop-leafs. The majority of our material was 3/4" chipboard with a plain paper backing and a paper front printed to look like wood grain. The sheets were 4' X 8'.

We had one line of table that had a particular area not quite the size of a sheet of printing paper where the grain formed a perfect 3/4 profile of a devil/demon face. (I think that's the right term... It was what a face looks like when you are half-way between full face and profile.)

The older guy that I worked with couldn't see it no matter how he tried. One day I brought in a sheet of tracing paper and copied the pattern in the grain. Once he saw that, he instantly agreed that there was flaming hair, a perfect pointed ear, peaked eyebrows with only the right eye visible, a pointed nose over a grinning mouth and chin with a pointed beard.

In an instance like that, saying that I was seeing a pattern that wasn't there was just not the case!

We had one guy at a forum I used to frequent that swore up and down that he just could not make out the Face on Mars no matter how many times he looked at it.

The adjustments to the pictured formation in the OP are interesting. I don't need to make any assumptions about it in order to enjoy looking at it.

edit on 5 25 2015 by CornShucker because: spelling

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The Great Pyramid and Sphinx were not designed to be viewed from altitude. If this rock formation were of Man made/humanoid origin then its designed to be viewed from above. But its not and is simply a trick produced by our eyes and mind. If you were able to actually stand anywhere near the formation chances are it would not resemble a face, crown or otherwise.

Kind of like the Great Serpent Mounds of Ohio?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

You have inherent creative/artistic vision, nothing more, nothing less, at least in my opinion!

I can look at any surface and see things. It's because I've drawn most of my life, training my visual perception and building a visual library. I believe some people are born with this skill further developed than others, became especially convinced after having spent my fair share on art forums of all kinds.

Some kids aged 12 can SEE and draw (being able to see is most important in drawing), better than adults who have been doing it since age 12, people call it talent, but it really is nothing more than "starting out on a higher level", anyone can learn, some just are at an advantage. Doesn't mean per se everyone can reach the same level, but everyone can improve.

From the sound of it, you would be great at drawing things from the imagination. I remember that I once didn't have this skill, or well I did, but it was impossible to translate what I "saw" to anything someone else could also see (except for perhaps tracing it), then I started training it, drawing more, etc, improving my ability to translate what I thought I saw, to something others could also see (on paper for example)

Now it is at a point where I can look at blank paper and "see" things, depending on the intention, randomized, or focused, to then draw them as accurately as possible.

If you ever wonder how someone can draw a face out of thin air, that is how. The face is already on the paper, in the minds eye, it is projected, "all you do" (as if its that easy) is trace your minds projection so others can see it simply with their eyes, much like you did with tracing the demon face!

I think it's a really neat skill to have a very creative eye, I think there are LOTS of people who do, but most never do anything with it, which is sad imo, as I think learning to draw/paint is a very intelligence-increasing activity, it makes you look at the world in a way many people never see it, when you have to notice EVERY single detail because it matters for your drawing, you get a better understanding of how many things work, and that alone is enough reason to encourage drawing imo!
edit on 25-5-2015 by HalfLeaf because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2015 by HalfLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Kind of like the Great Serpent Mounds of Ohio?

How is that in any way similar to the "face" on Mars though?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: HalfLeaf

How is that in any way similar to the "face" on Mars though?

Because the US government is covering up UFO's.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Natural formation i imagine, else what would be the point of building massive structures that resemble faces yet can only be seen from orbit/high altitude? Also consider the technological prowess never mind manpower and machinery necessary to create such a structure?

So then what was the point of the Nasca Lines? How did they manage to do that and why?

Close personal friend of mine who is now 83 worked at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories back when Edward Teller was running it. He tells me things that are being hidden from us. He fully agrees with the NASA... Never A Straight Answer. The world is a lot stranger than we are led to believe.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalfLeaf

originally posted by: Danbones
"Best Pareidolia pics I have ever seen"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
a timely thread

just sayin

Did you know that pareidolia is actually an art device? Bet you didn't know.

And did you know the Rohrshach test is also pareidolia?

From Leonardo daVinci

If you look at any walls spotted with various stains or with a mixture of different kinds of stones, if you are about to invent some scene you will be able to see in it a resemblance to various different landscapes adorned with mountains, rivers, rocks, trees, plains, wide valleys, and various groups of hills. You will also be able to see divers combats and figures in quick movement, and strange expressions of faces, and outlandish costumes, and an infinite number of things which you can then reduce into separate and well conceived forms.”

Maybe it's because I am seeing something you aren't and that's what makes me special?

Had to sign up, because I don't like it when my favorite artist is taken out of context!

What Da Vinci was explaining here, is a very common technique used by artists of every medium to this day. When you create a field of randomized "objects", your eyes and in turn your mind, will start creating realistic scenes from the imagination, which then, with enough training and skill, can be rendered into sketches, finished drawings, and eventually paintings.

He didn't need to look at a real scenery to draw one, nor does any really skilled artist in this day and age. Many, including Da Vinci in his days, I'm sure, don't even need the filled surface, from experience I can tell that when you've been drawing for a long enough time, even a BLANK page can be filled (in the mind's eye) with to-be visuals, improv sketch artists use that concept all the time, the imagination projects on the paper a combination of ALL the things it has ever seen, into something unique, recognizable and interesting

It is indeed an awesome art technique, but how this has anything to do with you seeing a face in a natural formation, however, is kinda beyond me...

Yes, you think it is random but it isn't. Those scribble lines are really gesture and you pull out of it what you see. You layer detail upon detail until you get the image you want.

But those who create statues from marble, now that's even more amazing to me. They don't layer, but remove what they don't want.

The only thing I did to the image was reduce the light and heighten contrast, which is what every artist knows when creating a picture, tone and contrast, tone and contrast.....the ball, the shadow...the reflection from the surface, the light source....don't you remember learning that in art school?

Grayscale, that's what we learned first. Why? Because it makes 2D images look 3D.

But every picture drawn by hand is still from the mind of the artist. And why could there have been no artists on Mars? Have we become so arrogant that we think we are alone? That's what was said to people who believe in God "Aren't you arrogant to assume we are the only ones in this universe?"

Modern artists think they know it all, but look at the Lasceaux Cave paintings, those guys took some charcoal and red ocher and with just fire lights created 3D movement onto the walls of giant animals running and playing. So hats off to the ancients who saw and recorded. And those painting are not little, and the way they are painted on the walls, it is movement, and they were supposed to be knuckle draggers.

If the ancients on Earth can build Pyramids and the Great Sphinx with such precision without the use of modern equipment and the Chinese Horses in Lasceaux, then why are we so arrogant today because we can photoshop?

The world didn't begin in 1450.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join