It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Put the Crown Face Image on Mars Through Photo Editing And This Is What I Got

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula

originally posted by: WarminIndy

I don't know, we would have to ask who did it.

If the civilization is gone, then it would be covered up or eroded.

Think about Mt. Rushmore, what will it look like in 5,000 years of wind erosion? When humans are gone from this planet will Mt. Rushmore be our only evidence we were here when everything else is covered or eroded?

And look at civilizations on Earth that have since been lost because they are under water or maybe under deserts. Doggerland, just one such place long gone.

But if a civilization capable of building that ''face'' ever lived on Mars (which I admit it's not impossible)
There still would be ruins of cities, and other massive monuments all over the place.

the face wouldn't be the only thing that survived eruption......imo

Oh, but that is assuming they lived like we do on planet Earth.

Maybe they lived in rock cliffs like the Pueblo or Anasazi? And maybe Mars could have been a stop over for some other beings in the universe? Maybe they mined iron from Mars.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Whether it is or it isn't, it's still a nice picture, and it's interesting what you did to it. Very nice.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItsEvolutionBaby
Just for giggles, the pareidolia image of the Indian head is located close to Indian Head, Saskatchewan.

That face on Mars looks like a queen from a set of playing cards, in my opinion.

I see the queen, missed that the first time...the shape reminded me more of Frankenstein...

A gigantic pareidolia face on Mars would be amazing! A natural formation that resembles a human face 140 million miles away from Earth....If that turns out to be the case I'd argue we would see "the face" in more places in the Universe. That's a big deal!

There was a recent thread that proposes maybe the human face is a self-similarity phenomenon. I know we are talking about rocks, but do you think if we see rock formations on other planets that form into a human face, that human faces would form naturally elsewhere in the Universe? I guess I'm getting at a possibility of intelligent design? Life comes from rock and water; rocks, stones, boulders, mountains are all very sacred and spiritual. There are also many minerals and elements in rocks. I think some gigantic natural formation of a face would be a pretty big deal. Do we know the size of the image we are looking at?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Let's say it is a curved face... what would be the purpose of it?

Shouldn't we, be able to see more signs of the civilization it belongs too, other than that?

Then what is the purpose of Mount Rushmore? That should answer that one!

It would depend on what type of civ it was. Consider what few remains of truly ancient civs are available to us on our own planet. Consider that we are generally digging to find them. We are not digging on Mars.

The best we have at present are photos and a little Mars Rover that does not go and investigate these things.

IF and it is a big IF, we originated on Mars, our Governments would not want us to discover it. It would upset the slaves that they want us to be. We have only what they deem safe to give us. A strange image is seen by the rover, some people get excited .... does the Mars Rover ever do a 180 and investigate ... no!

Now ask yourself why not.

P

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

IF and it is a big IF, we originated on Mars, our Governments would not want us to discover it. It would upset the slaves that they want us to be.

Why. Why would it change the way anyone does anything?
edit on 5/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I don't know, we would have to ask who did it.

If the civilization is gone, then it would be covered up or eroded.

Think about Mt. Rushmore, what will it look like in 5,000 years of wind erosion? When humans are gone from this planet will Mt. Rushmore be our only evidence we were here when everything else is covered or eroded?

And look at civilizations on Earth that have since been lost because they are under water or maybe under deserts. Doggerland, just one such place long gone.

But if a civilization capable of building that ''face'' ever lived on Mars (which I admit it's not impossible)
There still would be ruins of cities, and other massive monuments all over the place.

the face wouldn't be the only thing that survived eruption......imo

In my opinion, any advanced civilization would likely live underground.

Earth humans aren't the smartest bunch. And I'm not joking.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I wish I could recall the cartoon where the cards either are marching, or another where the queen cards dominate the scene, with that same shape surrounding their face.

Thinking it should be almost impossible to deny a past civilization, or presence on Mars by now.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

For people like you ... no it would not. Your intellect would just brush it off as an interesting quirk.

For our species ... yes. It would throw all religious beliefs into utter chaos. It would shift the human perception of caring for our planet. It would fundamentally change the human self image.

The consequences would be amazing and largely could not be foretold with any accuracy.

Governments would hate the possibilities and so they have a goal of 'Protecting' us from knowledge that could change the status quo. They will not even admit to changes required in our own history that come to light all of the time.

Governments do not embrace change unless it adds to their control of the population.

P

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItsEvolutionBaby
Just for giggles, the pareidolia image of the Indian head is located close to Indian Head, Saskatchewan.

That face on Mars looks like a queen from a set of playing cards, in my opinion.

Remember the New Hampshire "Old Man of the Mountain"? He eventually fell off, but even then, he looked remotely human, that would definitely be pareidolia. But when there is a pupil, a columella, indentations on the nose bridge and nostrils, that are all proportionate, that just makes me admire it so much more.

I agree. This is fascinating stuff. Cool observations!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

For our species ... yes. It would throw all religious beliefs into utter chaos. It would shift the human perception of caring for our planet. It would fundamentally change the human self image.

No it wouldn't. People are more concerned about their day to day lives than if we came from Mars.

Those who believe God created everything would no more believe that we came from Mars than they do that we evolved on Earth.

edit on 5/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Some people would be like that no doubt. But the thinkers of this world would not.

P

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Some people would be like that no doubt. But the thinkers of this world would not.

A bit of a contradiction:

For people like you ... no it would not. Your intellect would just brush it off as an interesting quirk.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: htapath

Imo an advanced civilization wouldn't be ''crawling'' inside the earth, unless they were afraid of something.

An advanced civilization would also like to admire the nature and the majestic sky and learn even more about it, something that can't be done when living underground.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I see a face and I appreciate your effort to discredit what you see, but I think believing this is a natural formation is just easier for most, otherwise the alternative if just to mind boggling! At least you stepped into the fire and are standing by your ability to make sense of this. I would like someone to explain what the heck that perdia*** whatever word is all about? I am guessing it has something to do with the eyes playing tricks on the mind or something like that and it would, also, be helpful if those that gave links just actually posted the information when they reply rather than making us jump through hoops to find it!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

A bit of a contradiction:

I love the reply Phage. BTW, I keep starring your posts because I enjoy these little discussions.

I do not see you as a thinker. Yes you are smart and you have a great deal of knowledge.

But that knowledge hamstrings your imagination. You see through a narrow filter of what you have been taught.

Don't get me wrong here. I admire your knowledge but at the same time I am disheartened by your inability to see past what you have been taught by others. I also like you but I doubt that will mean much to you.

Therefore, there is no contradiction.

P

edit on 25/5/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I admire your knowledge but at the same time I am disheartened by your inability to see past what you have been taught by others.

Critical thinking is not a skill I lack.

Tell me, would news that we came from Mars rock your world? You gave me the benefit of the doubt, remember? You said that you would not expect it to change my life. Would it change yours? Would you have trouble adapting? Since you are a "thinker?" Would it cast off the control that you are under?

edit on 5/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

well played phage!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ItsEvolutionBaby

Alice in Wonderland?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: htapath

Imo an advanced civilization wouldn't be ''crawling'' inside the earth, unless they were afraid of something.

An advanced civilization would also like to admire the nature and the majestic sky and learn even more about it, something that can't be done when living underground.

Crawling? That's a funny thought. Thanks for that.

The harshness of living on the surface could very well outweigh the perceived benefits.

Maybe one day we'll find out for sure and there will be no need for speculation.

Until then, it's imperative that we keep an open mind.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Wisdom and knowledge are two different things. Some people here live to use wisdom to disprove and make others feel bad.

They are bad shallow people with problems in their personal psych. Why instantly try to disprove people and try to make them feel silly rather than show facts and ask them questions so they can grow.

All people here should be trying to help each other grow.

good thread.
entertaining.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join