It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconfirmed Report Of Explosions In Iran, Hundreds Reported Dead

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
From The Guardian

Iran: explosion in Isfahan reported

I tried to view Iran TV, but could not connect to any live broadcast. The stations were not responding.

I then went to Israel Times, which had nothing on it, but while I was reading another article the site went down. Don't know if things are being blacked out or not in both countries. I'm just not in the mood for more war.

Does that link say its from 2011?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Legman

Yes. Yes it does. Here's a followup.
www.cbn.com...

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Can we stop posting stale news?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes. Yes it does. Here's a followup.
www.cbn.com...

TO be honest... I knew it did... I just really try to be nicer than you.

Im not here to make people feel silly or inferior.

This is an honest thread with honest intentions. No need to live for the debunk as you do.

cheers

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sorry. I do have expectations that people will read what they post before posting it.
Maybe that's just me.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Yes it is. That's proof I should be in bed. Sorry for the mistake. Nite all.

BTW, I checked Press TV and Israel Times. They're both back up.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Successful drone strike, the solitary target was neutralized, unfortunately the innocent civilian lives lost are at no fault but their own due to a pending friend request on face book with an attached message from the DOD.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I expect that people will not riot and burn businesses of hard working owners after a cop shots someone by mistake.

But I don't get on here and try to belittle people.... NO. Matter. How. Hard. I .Want. Too.

Its called being a human being and part of a society with a will to respect others.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Whom did I belittle.
Can you be specific?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Whom did I belittle.
Can you be specific?

With the utter negation of something that I admit could still be true (though very very very little chance).

I think you live for something here that is very negative. You see yourself as a champion of all things "true".... but I think you miss the bigger picture of this website.

but whatever bubba.... people like you never change.

steady on!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Thank you for your concern.
But alas, I am not the topic.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

originally posted by: babybunnies

It's an indication of the complete collapse of journalistic standards when CNN says "oh, we heard from a guy on twitter" or "we have someone on Skype at the location".

I remember when news organizations actually had journalists around the world that would report professionally on stories such as these, instead of relying on "Muhammed on the street in Tehran with a cellphone".

I agree. Only in this case no news source was referring to twitter. Is the opposite. The first twitter on the matter was referring to YourNewsWire as the primary source (debka also). Unfortunately though, some members in here (not you) don't read the posts properly and rush to judge and express their opinions even when they don't have nothing worth to say. And the worst part is when them are followed by others who double in their mistake and even have the nerve to criticize or "teach" someone of the field about what is and what's not that very profession. ATS for real is a strange place.

Dude you were a Journo, so what! no one cares, instead of showing us all how stock and archive footage is used, why not teach us with your years of experience in the field how the MSM propaganda machine works, how journalism structures and sells lies to the public for one political movement or another.
I'm all ears buddy.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm not here to teach anyone. It came up as part of the conversation but I had no intention to show off or lecture anyone what journalism is about. Do what you please and think what you want. In real life we are what we are, no need to convince anyone on ATS.
edit on 25-5-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
For Christ's sake, Twitter as a "reliable" news source? Gawd, some people wouldn't know idle chatter from actual journalism if both slapped them on opposite buttcheeks.

Another example of how people read the thread in this forum. In no post was ever mentioned twitter as a news source or even reliable source of information. Was misused by some members in their comments to kill the thread but was never used by the OP. Actually was totally the opposite. I said twitter got the information from the news site. And yet there are still members who comment on how twitter is not a news source. What do they put in the food in USA?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
"twitter says its real"

even if the news was real - which is a joke - citing a "tweet" as a source is merely ridiculous .

its unreal

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10
"twitter says its real"

even if the news was real - which is a joke - citing a "tweet" as a source is merely ridiculous .

its unreal

To be fair, the OP did not source twitter.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: haman10
"twitter says its real"

its unreal

To be fair, the OP did not source twitter.

Don't bother stosh. All I can say is that: it is written clearly in the op. The source was YourNewsWire and Debka. Twitter copied the news from them. End of the story. Thank God the news it appears not to be true. That's what counts, not the mental deficiency of people who can't read.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join