It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconfirmed Report Of Explosions In Iran, Hundreds Reported Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Telos

a reply to: Telos

I don't think the photo has been used to describe what happened. In my opinion is just an illustration. Something that is done very often in journalism.

Thats not journalism, its deception.

Not when is used to illustrate. The photo is lacking the description which on a news paper would have been written right on the photo. Making its purpose a simple illustration. But since we're dealing with debka and your newswire things are a bit different.

Yah, lacking the truth… the label you mention is "File Photo", and like you mentioned , its missing. Can't perp a ruse if the "evidence" is falsified, can they…

intrpr I don't think that's relevant. As I explained, pictures sometime are used to illustrate a subject. Yes, are followed by a description which in this case is missing. I do understand your point but I was trying to explain something in the relation. (for the sake of the argument). I don't think is important focusing on the photo but the news it self. Hopefully is not true.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Something probably happened, but will be found to have been blown out of proportion. Picking apart the evidence presented and identifying sites that falsify reports is part of how thats determined.

It leads where it leads.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Something probably happened, but will be found to have been blown out of proportion. Picking apart the evidence presented and identifying sites that falsify reports is part of how thats determined.

It leads where it leads.

maybe, but wouldn't it be wiser to wait until more information comes on the surface rather than jump to conclusions and criticize?

I know some members here on ATS are to quick with their power of deduction but let's give it some more time and see what really happened.

Thanks

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's a proxy website, supposedly the UK but probably not. Sites like that are often scam/spam artists, that is not to say though in this case, but I think even a small amount of digging is enough to use caution to begin with.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Supposedly FARS news reported on it however there is nothing on their English version of the website. pressTV also has no coverage of it. Its popping up on facebook but again no confirmation from anyone official.

PressTV

FARS News
edit on 24-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Those poor souls. I wish the killing would stop everywhere. It is all just so stupid and for what? Can't you humans just get along before you blow up the whole planet?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Far be it for me to agree with Phage most always, but you, sir, don't know the meaning of the word "journalism."
You just can't weasel out on that.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Far be it for me to agree with Phage most always, but you, sir, don't know the meaning of the word "journalism."
You just can't weasel out on that.

lol

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
cant find any crediible sources for this one yet ,but found this english.alarabiya.net... seems yemen is having a bad day bomb wise as well

www.dailymail.co.uk... plane crashed in iran today but highly doubt it was relevant unless they had been flying over the alleged explosion site (not familiar with iranian geography)

i figured with the death toll being quoted as high as it was we would be hearing something in the msm about this by now so still skeptical of this one

rt.com... eh i guess it could be a Grade A screw up on part of some forces participating in the wargames and that could explain some of the quietness as it would look pretty bad if Iranian forces doing wargames launched an errant weapon or something,not likely but hey trying to theorize if this was real or not

The Iranian armed forces have held military drills in the central province of Isfahan, in which they test-fired missiles and shot down mock-enemy drones over the Arak nuclear facilities. Part of the exercise was to train for unpredictable scenarios. The war games were codenamed 'Beit-ul-Muqaddas 27' and held in a desert area in Kashan County, the IRNA news agency reported Saturday, citing the Army Ground Forces commander, Brigadier General Reza Pourdastan. He proclaimed firing on Thursday of the Fajar, M6 and M10 missiles a success.

edit on 24-5-2015 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Military drills always make a good false flag cover.

Maybe some U.S. missiles went "off course" by accident.

Has ISIS claimed credit yet?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Mr. Obama obviously never received that cable.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That is not a news site.

There was an explosion and a building is on fire. Here is a picture of what a building on fire looks like.

Journalism?

Actually by todays standards it is. Rarely does anyone go to the scene anymore . Stock photos are used heavily.

Your like that really old guy that says my car is not a car. It is a computer on wheels

Or, "thats not a conversation, that is just typing and reading a computer"
edit on 24-5-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Are these part of military drills going on right now ?

rt.com...

If not, it's yet another example of a terrorist attack taking place during a military drill.

Either terrorists have really good intelligence inside several western Governments, or its a false flag being conducted under the guise of a military "exercise".

On 9/11, there was a drill taking place based on terrorists hitting a building with a plane, in London on 7/7 three out of four of the subway stations that were hit were taking part in a drill, and now in Iran.

Either terrorists are using the drills to drive absolute confusion (which means their intelligence on when and where these drills are taking place is really good) or they're false flag attacks by Governments using the drill as a cover for troop movements.

A LARGE drill is taking place in Texas this summer. Look out, Southern USA.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Phage

That is not a news site.

There was an explosion and a building is on fire. Here is a picture of what a building on fire looks like.

Journalism?

Actually by todays standards it is. Rarely does anyone go to the scene anymore . Stock photos are used heavily.

Your like that really old guy that says my car is not a car. It is a computer on wheels

Or, "thats not a conversation, that is just typing and reading a computer"

It's an indication of the complete collapse of journalistic standards when CNN says "oh, we heard from a guy on twitter" or "we have someone on Skype at the location".

I remember when news organizations actually had journalists around the world that would report professionally on stories such as these, instead of relying on "Muhammed on the street in Tehran with a cellphone".

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

It's an indication of the complete collapse of journalistic standards when CNN says "oh, we heard from a guy on twitter" or "we have someone on Skype at the location".

I remember when news organizations actually had journalists around the world that would report professionally on stories such as these, instead of relying on "Muhammed on the street in Tehran with a cellphone".

I agree. Only in this case no news source was referring to twitter. Is the opposite. The first twitter on the matter was referring to YourNewsWire as the primary source (debka also). Unfortunately though, some members in here (not you) don't read the posts properly and rush to judge and express their opinions even when they don't have nothing worth to say. And the worst part is when them are followed by others who double in their mistake and even have the nerve to criticize or "teach" someone of the field about what is and what's not that very profession. ATS for real is a strange place.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Thanks. Many people jump to conclusions on here without doing a simple Google search to see if they can get a confirmation.

Russia Today is actually pretty good at reporting on stuff like this, as are Al Jazeera, and nothing on either of them.

I'm thinking it's a combination of a military exercise and people jumping to conclusions, but let's wait and see.

Even something going on in the Republic of Iran would get pretty extensive coverage on Western news, the Government ain't THAT good in keeping a lid on things ... many folks on the street in Iran know how to bypass the Government firewalls.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
To be honest guys.... I still remember a smacking of Arabic and Farsi as well know those languages media sources as well as know translate.google.com well... I looked into this for an hour or two. Sad life, I know.

But the 2 photos are from a a different fire and from pipes falling in a parking deck. And there is nothing else. On the web

100-200 people cannot die in an explosion anywhere in the world without someone eventually reporting on it. Maybe china?

I call hoax.

Good thread for reporting a potentially huge incident... but it is fortunately another hoax.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
For Christ's sake, Twitter as a "reliable" news source? Gawd, some people wouldn't know idle chatter from actual journalism if both slapped them on opposite buttcheeks.

I can't find anything online that validates this as a legitimate event. What probably happened is something very small scale (business fire/military drill/take your pick/etc) that someone noticed and thought with a Beavis & Butthead chuckle, "Hehehe, I'll slap this on twitter with embellishments. People will think it's as real as unicorn meat!"
edit on 5/24/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Twitter is good for smoke. Sometimes where there is smoke there is fire....

Sometimes there is just smoke from Hoax.

Dismissive elitist attitudes don't get you far in life.

Cheers.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
From The Guardian

Iran: explosion in Isfahan reported

I tried to view Iran TV, but could not connect to any live broadcast. The stations were not responding.

I then went to Israel Times, which had nothing on it, but while I was reading another article the site went down. Don't know if things are being blacked out or not in both countries. I'm just not in the mood for more war.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join