It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patient Zero: The 2015 Worlds' Fair in Milan, Italy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The 2015 Worlds Fair opened on May 01 of this year in Milan, Italy. This year's theme is "Feeding the Planet".

Considering the fact that relatively little recognition has been made in the MSM to this event, and considering its relatively close proximity to current international hotspots in the Middle East, and Italy's somewhat weak security apparatus, I'd be very concerned about the possibility of a terrorist attack targeting the Fair.

Although I'm certain that security measures already in place are sufficient to forestall (or at least, minimize) a conventional armed attack, I'm not as certain that an unconventional attack could be as easily thwarted.

Say an attack using a biological.

A Worlds Fair would be an almost perfect venue from which to spread death and fear on a global scale, especially if the bio-weapon of choice was relatively slow to incubate and easy to spread.

"Feed The Planet!" Free sustainable (and contaminated) food samples at every kiosk.

Italy in the Summer...Hundreds of those hand-held cooling misters with their little (Solar-powered!) fans sending disease-laden droplets wafting through the crowds of international visitors - Thousands of potential "Patient Zeros" infected daily.

I'll be staying home this year, for all the good it'll do me!
edit on 24-5-2015 by Bhadhidar because: grammar

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

You just might not be as paranoid as You seem! I could see this happening!!!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
There may exist some small potential for a terrorist attack at the Milan 2015 exposition.

However -- and just me speaking here -- I would still be happy to see this particular exposition, regardless

The Italians always know how to do things "right" -- I imagine it will be an amazing event, filled with great design innovations and art.

Not much has been made of this here in the USA, as you say.

The "Feed The Planet" theme does seem to present the opportunity for massive poisoning and infection of large groups of people. I hope you are wrong. It is worth watching, for sure, but right now I am not too worried.

This type of attack you are suggesting could happen just as easily anywhere in the world, including the USA at any number of locations.

I would not be dissuaded from attending the exposition out of fear.

edit on 24-5-2015 by Axial Leader because: clarify this.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I didn't even know they still had World's Fairs. The last one I knew anything at all about was the one in New Orleans because a local choir group was invited to sing there.

new topics

top topics

join