It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Week Beginning May 24th to June 1st. Many different sources suggesting Earthquake/Air Disaster.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is a subject I don't believe in or pay much attention to. So why post a new thread if I don't believe. Not sure, really.

As I browse and read my usual myriad of sources be it twitter, web sites, forums or youtube I have noticed a marked increase in the amount of predictions for this period.

I have just recently joined ATS so I thought "Why Not". I will post a thread just to see if anything comes to pass.

The majority of sources seem to point to a major earthquake on the West coast. Nothing original here as these type of predictions occur nearly every week. I also wonder if the upcoming cinema release of "San Andreas" a film set in the aftermath of the BIG ONE has got anything to do with it.I am sure media companies use methods like this to drum up attention preceding a movie releases.

The other scenario that has cropped up is another air disaster. Most predictions I have read indicate a passenger airplane going missing or crashing.

I will update this thread if need be. I hope I don't have to.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
How's about sharing some links as to where you found these predictions? Thanks!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Then there's the theory that the Germanwings flight 9525 that crashed in the Alps was intentionally brought down so that Andreas Lubitz could be framed. The media could then say it was "Andreas fault". The the picture of him sitting in front of the Golden Gate bridge was prominently featured in the msm. A bit of dramatic foreshadowing ?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The movie "San Andreas" is coming out soon.

Film studio staffers are hyping earthquakes and doom so more people will see the movie.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I know what you are seeing, but I don't think there will be a major earthquake during this time frame.

I could always be wrong.

There do seem to be a lot of people who are expecting something to happen.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sure hope there's no earthquake here on the west coast

Hopefully no passenger jet crashes either.

It could be just hype for that move San Andreas.

Let's see what happens

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I know what you are seeing, but I don't think there will be a major earthquake during this time frame.

I could always be wrong.

Wait, weren't we just talking about this a couple of weeks back and you said you had your money on the cascadia subduction zone. We discussed the geologic window for such an event remember? Although you didn't suggest any timeframe it seemed to me like you are expecting it not too long into the future. So now not so much?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

I could always be wrong.

Wait, weren't we just talking about this a couple of weeks back and you said you had your money on the cascadia subduction zone. We discussed the geologic window for such an event remember? Although you didn't suggest any timeframe it seemed to me like you are expecting it not too long into the future. So now not so much?

No, I said _if_ there were going to be a major earthquake, I would bet on it being in Cascadia before Cali.

That statement doesn't imply that I think either event is imminent as in happening in this coming week.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Mega earthquakes soon? Yes. This week? Don't think so. You won't have to wait long though, it'll come when you're least expecting it.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would keep an eye on ISIS as a driver of events as it can easily morph into a war between Saudi Arabia and Iran which brings into play Russia, the US, China. It's not going away soon, probably lead to a major ground war, re invasion of Iraq and is in a greater Geo-strategic sense winnable easily by either major power axis and foreshadows greater oil wars and conflict with China, Pakistan, India, and Russia also involving eastern and western Europe, Egypt, Israel, Turkey.
A likely outcome of a long term Isis state would be homeland attacks to degrade US infrastructure and to provoke conflict between major powers to their own advantage.
edit on 24-5-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think the marked increase in predictions may be due to the fact that you recently joined ATS.

Just curious, is there also an uptick in survival store banner ads as well?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
I think the marked increase in predictions may be due to the fact that you recently joined ATS.

Just curious, is there also an uptick in survival store banner ads as well?

Actually no. My banner ads are actually based on what I actively Internet searched in terms of online shopping. So lately, that's been clothing, cars, video games, cruises, and things like that. Not because I am actively trying to buy any of them but because I get bored at work and get curious what they would actually cost.

The most interesting week was the one after I'd gone searching for dude ranch costs. I felt positively like a cowboy.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well I guess this would be a good time to mention a dream I had a couple of weeks ago in case I end up being a prophet...

The dream was about a massive earthquake in the New Madrid seismic zone in the central US. By massive I mean 9.0+. The weird thing about he dream was that it took place many months in the future, long after the earthquake had happened. In my dream, the earthquake had occurred on July 2nd, 2015. So the present time in the dream was likely winter. Anyway I have extremely vivid dreams every night, but typically senseless and easily manipulated by myself. But this one was extremely realistic, I didn't know I was dreaming, and the specific date of July 2nd was uncharacteristicly precise.

I don't think this will be coming true by any means, I'm sure it was just a random dream. Probably saw a commercial for San Andreas before I fell asleep or something. But just in case it does come true, here's proof of prophetic dreams lol.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
jade helm moved up to 6/15/15? Numerologists should love this one.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No it didn't imply that. I know. I said you didn't discuss a timeframe. So before California has the big one but no timeframe for immediate action. Ok. And that's no psychic hunch just a general opinion that cascades is more imminent right? I don't remember you saying you get hunches like that ever so I'm guessing now.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

No it didn't imply that. I know. I said you didn't discuss a timeframe. So before California has the big one but no timeframe for immediate action. Ok. And that's no psychic hunch just a general opinion that cascades is more imminent right? I don't remember you saying you get hunches like that ever so I'm guessing now.

My worry with Cascadia is just that we know that they have enormous earthquakes that happen suddenly. Sudden thrust (not strike/slip), and most people up there are not worried it or prepared for it like everyone is Cali is. It's hardly ever talked about as a thing. They spend more time worrying about the volcanos which are also a potential disaster waiting to happen.

And it has been far longer in Cascadia since they've had a major earthquake than it has been for Cali. It's not in our collective memory as a nation like the San Francisco earthquake still is. The only people living here who would have any kind of memory of a major Cascadia event would be the Native Americans in that region, and their's would be legends.

So it seems to me that if we are going to have a major earthquake of long period variety, Cascadia would be the one to be watching. It's the only one that hasn't popped off in the history of the country. Both California and New Madrid have. Highly unscientific, yes, but it seems to be the way these things go sometimes.
edit on 25-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2015 by ketsuko because: Got my earthquake types crossed

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: faint1993

Well you can't get a nine out of New Madrid. Big quakes like that don't occur on fault lines they take place where there is tectonic plate movement.
Scientists say that if all three faults in the Madrid zone went at the same time it would result in a quake around 7.7. Even that would result in thousands dead and tens of thousands displaced. No small change there.
Thankfully they also feel like New Madrid is in the process of shutting down and with quakes hundreds of years apart it's not likely to erupt any time soon.
Funny this whole new Madrid scare results from one scientist claiming a big quake in 1990 which got everybody worked up and which we know never occurred. Peer review of that guys work showed a weak theory that others couldn't get behind. Like tidal action.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

My worry with Cascadia is just that we know that they have enormous earthquakes that happen suddenly. Sudden thrust (not strike/slip), and most people up there are not worried it or prepared for it like everyone is Cali is. It's hardly ever talked about as a thing. They spend more time worrying about the volcanos which are also a potential disaster waiting to happen.

And it has been far longer in Cascadia since they've had a major earthquake than it has been for Cali. It's not in our collective memory as a nation like the San Francisco earthquake still is. The only people living here who would have any kind of memory of a major Cascadia event would be the Native Americans in that region, and their's would be legends.

So it seems to me that if we are going to have a major earthquake of long period variety, Cascadia would be the one to be watching. It's the only one that hasn't popped off in the history of the country. Both California and New Madrid have. Highly unscientific, yes, but it seems to be the way these things go sometimes.

Hey there ketsuko - I'm one of those people "up here" in Washington state. I work in Seattle (well, the outskirts anyway) but I live literally in the shadow of Mount Rainier (Bonney Lake). So much so that the Orting school district that my youngest goes to (older two graduated from the same) have regular lahar drills. They walk up the sides of the hill to "higher ground" in case of an eruption. Best guess is that we have about half an hour for the flow to reach us.

Anyhoo - I can't speak for everyone, but for myself I am more worried about the subduction zone than I am about Rainier going off. I lived through St. Helens back on 5/18/80... which wasn't that big of a deal for us on the western side of the mountain, but my wife (who lived in Idaho at the time) saw daytime turn into night with feet of ash falling... but I'm starting to wander off now. Point is, back then we had weeks of warning before St Helens blew her top. Rainier is, I believe, the most heavily monitored mountain/volcano on the planet. Even if I'm incorrect, it is still far more mon itored than St Helens was in 1980. We would have probably at least a month's warning before Rainier went off, but earthquakes... I was at work when we had the so-called Nisqually quake in February 2001. Happened with zero warning and I am at this moment looking at a crack in a doorway next to my desk from that quake!
en.wikipedia.org...

SO, yeah. I for one am far more concerned about a potential Cascadia megaquake than I am about the volcanos - and I live only 20-ish miles from Rainier!
edit on 27-5-2015 by tallcool1 because: posted before I was finished...

edit on 27-5-2015 by tallcool1 because: clarity

edit on 27-5-2015 by tallcool1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomspecific
I also wonder if the upcoming cinema release of "San Andreas" a film set in the aftermath of the BIG ONE has got anything to do with it.

This caught my attention.

Weirdly, a football club in Germany that had nothing to do with the US let alone Hoover Dam was projected for week earlier this month.

When the San Andreas trailer came out, it showed Hoover Dam being destroyed.
I have a feeling something bad is coming this year, most likely related to Hoover Dam and the West coast.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Ok so today seems to be the day that most were touting as ground zero for earthquake. We will see. Here is today's prediction:

According to the following site:

quake prediction

Another source predicting today:

www.focusproductions2.com...

Stay safe.
edit on 28-5-2015 by randomspecific because: adding links

top topics

<<   2 >>

join