It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Mankind Going To Survive or Die Out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I like many of you wonder if we as a species are going to survive or are we going to eventually destroy ourselves. I have felt for sometime we will not make it because we are smart enough just to get us in trouble. In other words we simply are not smart enough to foresee the decisions we make today will cause long term detriment to our fellow man.

So I decided to do some research. To my surprise I found perhaps some hope. Research studies are showing, via long term trends, there are fewer wars and fewer deaths caused by wars. Homicides, rapes, child molestation, etc. are declining. These statics are global.

So... I think we are being so bombarded by daily, weekly, monthly, yearly negative news from the world MSM that we have allowed ourselves to think we are an awful species with no hope for the longterm future. We simply to not have easy access to positive worldwide information to balance against the negative information.

As I was writing this I had an idea. What if a person or a group of people who had seed money and advertising support to create a world wide network news program. This news program would provide only positive upbeat factual news on subjects related to how mankind is helping mankind. Reports on good charities, how the wealthy are contributing, videos showing people helping people, etc. And reporting the results on these good deeds.

Would the world population buy into the news program thus causing positive action. Build on successes and propel the world population into ongoing goodness towards one another. Or... would the world population get bored with listening to only goods news and go back to watching negative news.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Unless we branch out into space, we're going to die out eventually. It's inevitable.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

It's a wonderful idea...A worldwide news program with only positive news.
I'd watch it.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Who defines what is "upbeat" , "factual" or even "news"?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

A lovely idea. I would watch as well.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Die off do not come with wars, i believe our scientific research will end us eventually. Mutated viruses, GMO, cloning, etc.. Mistakes happen its only human.

link   
I think that is a noble idea. However, from a purely business perspective, it will be dismal failure IMO. It has been shown over and over, that sex, violence, and suffering sells....and makes money (which is why we only see negative reporting from the MSM). Until we, as a species change that (evidenced by a simple test of traffic not backing up passing a road accident) it won't happen. But, there is hope if the venture was subsidized as a "lost leader" in a balanced business portfolio, it has very little chance of happening but would not be zero. The key is convincing the investors that noble ventures no matter how much $$$ is lost on a daily basis, it is worth their investment.

link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Who defines what is "upbeat" , "factual" or even "news"?

The Council on Foreign Relations, CFR.

2nd

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
In 2 million years we will be a different species, so yes we will either go extinct or evolve into another species. I think in the next few 100 years we are at a very critical stage of existence. We have evolved ourselves into unable to survive on this planet without support and that support is very fragile too.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think unless we find another planet we will die out
edit on 24-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

on contrary Dr.Steven Hawkings purports if we can last without total destruction for another hundred years. Our science and psychological and sociological maturity will raise us to a true inter solar species thus, not bound by a mistake made on earth.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Thanks but I was asking the OP in response to the idea of forming a new group...

Appreciate the info, tho.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Unless we branch out into space, we're going to die out eventually. It's inevitable.

That's not gonna work.... when we start branching out into space I'm very sure aliens will wipe us out, they don't want our drama in their neighborhood.... I'd bet money the aliens are the ones that stuck us on this prison planet.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have not thought that far ahead. It's differently a legitimate question. I would be very surprised if anyone would do what I suggested. No way to make money from this business endeavor.

a reply to: Ultralight

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I tend to agree with you. Even if we develop the ability to travel anywhere in space; Extraterrestrials will not allow us to populate other planets unless we become a much more peaceful species. At this point in time I simply do not see us changing our primitive instincts to kill each other for a very long time or if ever at all.
a reply to: imitator

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I like many of you wonder if we as a species are going to survive or are we going to eventually destroy ourselves.

If we are allowed to destroy ourselves, we would most likely
take every living thing with us. And it would've have been so,
because as intelligent as we are, we lacked guidance. The fact
that we most certainly lack the guidance of a supreme ultimate
intelligence. Is the greatest evidence that such an intelligence
does exist. The Lord of Hosts is that intelligence. All of Heaven
is watching. And the results of life with out God are becoming
clear as a bell. We are doomed as a suicide with out God.
My greatest message to ATS? Is that this time without God. Our
one true oracle. Is almost over. Hallelujah! My prayer is that we have
learned.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The human race is resilient we will not die off...no matter what(ok except a natural E.L.E),we will always find a way to survive and thrive...Thats what we do best...Dont forget no so long ago(in cosmic term),we were down to 10000ish,look at us now,7billions and counting....

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: wildapache

Numbers don't matter to God.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Hey Randy:

Is almost over. Hallelujah! My prayer is that we have
learned.

And my prayer as well.
second
tetra

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

True....but Mankind survive thousands of years without any of the GOD(s).God(s) are merely a few thousands years old compare to how long homo sapiens survived on this blue dot of ours...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join