It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occam’s razor: we were created over evolved

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This post is regarding me, the poster and you, the reader. How did we get to where we are now?

With Moore's law which basically states. that computer power doubles within two years , how far are we away from copying our brains to another platform. Living, from our perspective, in a VR world?

When this technology comes about. Do you think everyone would want to start in this 'time' period? Especially if you can play multiple times? Is it hard to fathom that this is not the first time this technology came into being? That the world we create with out tech was not created by someone else''a tech, kind of like a M.C. escher picture. Right now, I would say, the odds are in favor of Brain transfer technology and a VR world happens then doesn't happen.

On the flip side, what are the odds of the sun igniting at its current location with its current size and heat displacement? The odds of the Earth taking up orbit in its current trajectory? The odds of the moon being where it is? The odds of Jupiter being located where it is and having the proper mass to help the Earth out.

The odds do suggest, that downloading our brain pattern to another device is more probable then not.

On the other hand, The odds of the sun and the rest of the universe developed organically where we know they are located, is a super huge number. It's super huge before we even begin factoring in life and that live changing and evolving to create you and me. The odds are better that your favorite celebrity crush will knock on your door.

If one theory is probable and the other theory has odds so long, it would probably take your whole life to write It down to the last digit. Would not Occam's razor dictate that the only reason I can write this post from my house was because my surrounding and myself were created and the same reason applies to why you can read this....

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Mans tech may seem awesome, yet can't compare to actual living things. There is no higher tech. We are a long way from emulating life.

We can't even reproduce the lowly Bumble Bee.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
***snip***

When this technology comes about. Do you think everyone would want to start in this 'time' period? Especially if you can play multiple times?
***snip***

Won't happen.
The main computer will crash and I'd be gone forever.
Or some a-hole develops a virus so that everything gets viped.

Nope. I'll be happy in meatspace when everybody else plays in cyberspace and can't get past level 2 because of a bug.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

ABSOLUTELY!

edit on Ram52415v562015u47 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So...who or what made the beings who made this virtual construct? And who made them? Or are we assuming they didn't need to be made? Coders don't just happen you know.
edit on 24-5-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The odds of the Universe being created in six days by a mythical being in the sky is more probable to you simply because the odds of evolution and the Big Bang Theory are so high?

Given enough time, the odds drop dramatically. 14 billion years is an extremely long time. You have to factor TIME into your odds, which you haven't done.

"if you sit in one place long enough, eventually, the thing you wanted to happen, WILL". It's just a matter of time. The Sun being placed where it is in the Universe doesn't have an impact on life on Earth, the biggest impact is the distance of the Earth from the sun.

The creation of the moon was done by two planets impacting each other, that happens fairly regularly, astronomers SEE it happen, it's called SCIENCE. Put two marbles in a bowl, and spin the bowl. Eventually, the marbles collide. A simple experiment can duplicate the events leading to the creation of the Moon.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I've played with that idea and my daydreaming concluded with something pretty similar. Think about this.

Time can already be manipulated to be experienced differently for the subconscious mind. If humanity ever reached a point to where we have perfected VR simulations, we could potentially live out an indefinite amount of lifetimes within a small period of time in our own "reality". Add the new ways of rendering gaming content where the universe is fleshed out and new content randomly generated as the players observe it can even explain some of our quantum physics mysteries (as in we may be finally observing code as it is being rendered).

So you can almost dream up a scenario where this becomes a cycle:

- Humanity starts out and starts to observe the world, setting in stone the rules and structures as they are rendered.
- Humanity evolves and becomes more and more advanced.
- Humanity achieves a perfect simulated universe where "players" can play over and over in a span of seconds.
- As the world or life edges closer to destruction (whatever the means), humanity invests wholly into the new universe.
- All life is now played through this new simulation, starting out at some primitive point in history.
- The entire history of life is now played out in a manner of moments though it feels like thousands/millions/billions of years.
- As those in the simulation reach the same point we did, they also create a simulation, doing the same thing.
- And so on.

In the above scenario, trillions of years (from multiple cycles of universes) could be played out in one single day in the originating universe. It's a dizzying thought.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It's all well and good talking odds (the stark lack of math makes such speculations laughably naive) but the fact of the matter is:

1) The universe has a mind boggling amount of star systems ("I won the lottery this week! What are the odds?? It must've been a miracle!"... spot the obvious fallacy here).

3) We are here, so obviously the odds turned up

2) Dead planets don't have life discussing the odds of them not existing

That you then posit "ergo, we were created" shows you do not understand Occam's Razor:

The principle states that among competing hypotheses that predict equally well, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected. Other, more complicated solutions may ultimately prove to provide better predictions, but—in the absence of differences in predictive ability—the fewer assumptions that are made, the better.

en.wikipedia.org...

(emphasis mine)
edit on 24-5-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Too bad that's only hypothetical. That kind of simulation would require staggering amounts of technology we haven't even thought to imagine yet.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I beg your pardon some of my friends are bumble bees, now the cockroach...that is fair game...as to the premise behind the OP....answer this question for me and then we will have the answers we need...what came first....the chicken or the egg? Of course we were created and of course we will and have evolved....but yes creation must occur before evolution can, what created us, humans? The Universe? and then tell me how that thing was created...The solar system with this SUN are only an ant in the cosmos and calling this the only place where this Magical experience happens is preposterous.

Technology is given to this planet by benevolent beings that want us to learn, that want us to make choices using said technology or maybe technology was given to us by evil beings that want to tempt us and corrupt us. Maybe we are nothing but a hologram in a computer simulation being that is trying to work the kinks out before releasing the better version.

There are endless possibilities and all theories are possible and all we know is we exist in this reality (and we really do not know for sure what this reality is). Nothing can be stated as fact beyond a certainty or scintilla of doubt as being the truth.

Even as I write this and you read it you can not be certain that what you are seeing even actually exist in any reality. You only think you can and I only think I can.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Too bad that's only hypothetical. That kind of simulation would require staggering amounts of technology we haven't even thought to imagine yet.

Of course it's hypothetical. But the technology isn't nearly as far off as you think. It's a matter of converging several sciences and each of those disciplines are currently making strides towards this end. When you really go down the checklist of what would be required for this scenario, you'll realize we are decades away, at most.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Gone today, here tomorrow.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Of course it's hypothetical. But the technology isn't nearly as far off as you think. It's a matter of converging several sciences and each of those disciplines are currently making strides towards this end. When you really go down the checklist of what would be required for this scenario, you'll realize we are decades away, at most.

We are much more than decades away from fitting 1.5 billion years of life into a few moments. We just celebrated a man using a prosthetic to drink a beer. We consider that a milestone. We are a pretty long way off from the kind of simulation you are talking about, which makes me pretty happy. We should fix our world instead of replacing it with a virtual one.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

On the other hand, The odds of the sun and the rest of the universe developed organically where we know they are located, is a super huge number. It's super huge before we even begin factoring in life and that live changing and evolving to create you and me. The odds are better that your favorite celebrity crush will knock on your door.

What's the number?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

What's the number?

And how was it derived?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

If we and the universe had been created, why make us faulty?
The solar system is faulty: in 5 billion years the sun will die, which means our solar system will die.
We are faulty: we age, we are born with disabilities that would kill us without the help of others, we have weak bodies, etc.

If we and the universe had been created, we would be just perfect for ever, no stars bursting and killing galaxies, no illnesses and definitely not ravaging the body with faulty DNA that just can't replicate itself and ends up killing us (aging).

We were created over evolved? I don't think so.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

E in Latin means out of. Volution means spinning around a center. The word E_VOLUTION defines itself, but lacks its duality to be properly defined. You cannot have volution apart from Involution. Entering the spin is what Spirit does. From this, it evolves (rises to new life).

In religious terms, this is baptism. Design comes in by defining the title Father in Hebrew. Aleph Bet. What is produced when the letters of the Father enter the Mother? What do you get if you put seed in water, then bake them in a cup? Bread. What do you get when the Father's seed enters the cup (womb) of the Mother? A baby, or what Jesus termed bread of life.

The Son of God is the Word made from letters. The beings that created us left us the clues. We are programmed by letters into a catalyst (water). The word Mother in Hebrew is Aleph Mem (strong water). The word Son is BetNun, or house of seed (bread).

Digital programming and formatting analog. It's a hologram. Evolution is only half the story. Involution (baptism) is the other half of this sequencing of information.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Above, the very definition of a hologram. Light shined on information in a medium. Water is the catalyst, or Mother's womb (Mem). The Father represents the letters of DNA. The Son is the product. We are all the Son.

The same process of word on your screen is the same process from physics to produce form emerging from the volution of light.

edit on bAmerica/Chicago3150000005 by BetNun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BetNun

E in Latin means out of. Volution means spinning around a center. The word defines itself, but lacks its duality to be properly defined. You cannot have volution apart from Involution. Entering the spin is what Spirit does. From this, it evolves (rises to new life).

In religious terms, this is baptism. Design comes in by defining the title Father in Hebrew. Aleph Bet. What is produced when the letters of the Father enter the Mother? What do you get if you put seed in water, then bake them in a cup? Bread. What do you get when the Father's seed enters the cup (womb) of the Mother? A baby, or what Jesus termed bread of life.

The Son of God is the Word made from letters. The beings that created us left us the clues. We are programmed by letters into a catalyst (water). The word Mother in Hebrew is Aleph Mem (strong water). The word Son is BetNun, or house of seed (bread).

Digital programming and formatting analog. It's a hologram. Evolution is only half the story. Involution (baptism) is the other half of this sequencing of information.

John 1

1 The Word (Christ) was in the beginning. The Word was with God. The Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 He made all things. Nothing was made without Him making it. 4 Life began by Him. His Life was the Light for men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness. The darkness has never been able to put out the Light.

Above, the very definition of a hologram.

Back so soon alephbet/superiored?

Look at the word E-volution. In Latin, 'e' means simply, 'out of.' Volution means a turning about a center.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How many accounts you gonna make?

edit on 24-5-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

answer this question for me and then we will have the answers we need…what came first….the chicken or the egg?

You mean which came first to earth? Logical guess, frozen embryos aboard some kind of interstellar ark.

The Universe?

Has always been there. If you stick out your hand to the end of the universe,… whats outside that? Since space goes on forever, there is more universe out there which means it has been there forever and that means life has been there forever.

Thats what eternity and infinity mean.

Any limitations placed upon it are in our minds. But we can't see forever from here so we have to limit things to feel comfortable.

Hyperbolic enough?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BetNun

You do realise it's not E and volution. ..its EVOLVE....when put into a theory it becomes evolution. All that time wasted researching a simple definition

And definition of a hologram. Lmao. Im not even religious but can understand the basic teachings of that passage
edit on 24-5-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join