It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Metalheads... Battle jacket advice please!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

To my mind, there are not many things in the world that epitomise heavy metal thinking more than a jacket that you can fit a six pack of beers into comfortably, and this thing copes with that very nicely. It's going to be perfect for festival. I know traditionally a battle jacket ought to be made of denim and leather, but you know what? Snip happens!

Once this thing is covered in patches and studs, it's going to rock regardless of its material base! Plus, let's face it, I have never done ANYTHING the normal way in my life, and the last place I would want to start would be in assembling something designed to illustrate my love of heavy metal, the most berserk, least normal, most mental music that has ever been created!

OK, so this reply may not be "metal"....but it is absolutely Punk.

Thats right...conformity is for chumps. Walk your own path. Thanks for the reminder. LOL

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Just remember to put stuff on there that means sonething to you. Add stuff from experiences as you go.

Leather is good. Unless you live in texas and four months a year are over 90 degrees. A good denin vest is great, though i wouldnt have gone with the outdoor / photo type for myself. Generally they are called your cut, but i often refer to them as a punk vest as well. Remember to mix in local patches. Cuts express identity, not just a smattering of bands. Know about what you put on your vest. E.g no one would put a dead kennedys patch and a skrewdriver patch on a vest. Know what you are putting on it.

Regular studs are considered more hardcore than skulls, just fyi.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I have to ask . One of those pockets is for a magnifying glass . Right ?????

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Keep it simple man! Black leather with no modifications. One decent mosh pit night and everything on that vest, including the vest itself, will end up ripped to shreds!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hahahaha! I knew you were going to say leather makes you too hot and I agree!!!!

Love the pic of adorable Ashley! That vest fits him perfectly!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I dont see them on there but I think I have a spare Emperor and Opeth patch some place if you want either.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I appreciate the offer, but I am going to hit the merchandise stalls at Bloodstock this year, as I previously mentioned, and I know for a fact that I can get hold of them there. I want to support Bloodstock by putting business in the direction of both the festival itself, and the stall holders and merchants who go there every year.

I know it sounds daft, but it's the little bit I can do to make the thing lucrative for those involved, so that it continues to rock every year.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

You know me so well hutch622!

It's the one at the bottom on the inside right of the garment, if you must know!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Mosh pits? This is my one holiday a year man! I am not about to spend that hitting my fellow metallers over the head! No no.... Besides... That's what the assault vest is for! I take that every year for use in the arena itself!

a reply to: Night Star

Heh! Yes, I thought you might have guessed! And on the matter of the passage of my old jacket to my son, he is thrilled, and I'm glad you agree with me. That thing fits like it was made for him! I put Slayer-Raining Blood on for him earlier, while we were playing a computer game, and he loved it, so his education in heavy music has truly begun!
edit on 25-5-2015 by TrueBrit because: Added further reply to another poster, rather than filling up a new post.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Me thinks that back pocket looks to be the perfect size to fit a 26 oz bottle of rum and a 1-litre bottle of coke...

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I will run tests and let you know the results!

Assuming I can still spell by the end of the experiment!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

If everything fits, then my friend, you have bought yourself the perfect outdoor festival party vest !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join