It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If there is nothing out there, then what was that noise?"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Haunting. It was totally in key and was melodic and rather pleasant. But eerie. It was approximately 2 am (2:25 am tops)

I know there have been satanic/occult activities in the areas in the past--not sure if my area (neighborhood) specifically but I have heard that there have been rituals and stuff in the surrounding areas and like out by the Rustic Roads. And yeah this is exactly what I was afraid of and why I was absolutely not going to go outside to check it out (plus, I'm a rather petite young female who isn't exactly rambo or anything) because before anything paranormal I was afraid it could actually be somebody outside! (I watch those weird 48 hours hard evidence shows and I used to live in Chicago for a while while I was in school and have learned to try to err on the side of safety so that I don't end up sorry). Though the lack of other noise (like movement/footsteps etc) made me even more uneasy in a way but relieved in another. Like, I was pretty sure a few minutes in listening to this that it couldn't possibly be a person out there--and that made me feel a bit better but once I realized that the voice was quite possibly disembodied all I was focused on was ignoring it until it went away.

Yesterday was such a normal, nice day, too. An unexpected ending to that for sure.

But yes. It was definitely a haunting melody. Like it would have been a very nice melody if it didn't sound so...weird. It was really foreboding-sounding and gave me the heebie jeebies!
edit on 24-5-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There's an awful lot of man made equipment that can make noises like these. Go search in daylight for anything that looks like a pipe, mainly pipelike as these sound like pan pipes when the wind is just right and from the right direction. Look for fence post, washing line posts or any garden ornament with an open hollow. Even sheet material can vibrate at different pitches. How do I know that? I had a plastic roof sheet that used to vibrate when the wind was just so strong and in the right direction. It took me weeks to find the source of the hum because everytime I opened the door to the room it altered the interior pressure of the room and stop the vibrations. Look for a natural explanation first before going into the realms of the supernatural.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

This is the sort of story I love reading here. Creepy, but so interesting! SO, it sounded like humming, but not really human?? Freaky! I'd wonder myself. It's a shame he couldn't hear it over the phone! Did you look outside at any point? Did the cat react at all?

I do find it interesting that it went away after you started reading your Bible. Good move, clearly.

I'd recommend making it known, out loud, that nothing freaky or evil is welcome around your home. Whatever you do, don't do anything that could be construed as an invitation!

Sure, this could be a radio someplace, and some odd trick of echoes making you hear it that way, but it doesn't feel like that's what it is. Take that for what it's worth. Don't let it scare you, either. If it is "supernatural", it will likely welcome any fear.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: rukia
a reply to: Answer

yes. nothing was outside.

Did you GO outside and look around with a flashlight or did you just peek out of the blinds?

Here's why I ask:

A few years ago, I heard a terrible banging and scratching at the back door. It literally sounded like something with claws was trying to get through my door to come after me. I grabbed a gun and went to the back door and when I pulled back the curtain...

There was a huge turtle flopping around against the door.

I went out there and helped it off the porch while laughing at my imagination for picturing a chupacabra demon-creature coming for my soul.

ROTFL!!!!! That reminds me of the time a huge frog came knocking on our door, when we were in Florida! I thought someone was knocking, but it was this big frog.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just an update--yeah nothing has happened since. No idea what that was all about. The only thing I can think of was earlier that day, my friend KingKelson and I went to the place where I had that Beast of Bray Road sighting and we (he--I was wearing flip flops so could not) went into the place where I personally think it 'lives'--looks like this weird copse of trees with a part of it dug out/tree branches felled leading up to this mound of some sort that I think could possibly be a cave. Well, he went all in there (not right up to the mound) and said he heard a weird exhale/snuff of breath--he said he felt like it was saying "I'm here"--(i did not hear anything--but I did notice him getting startled at something and hightailing it out of there and back to where I was standing on the edge) and we walked around the place and checked everything out thinking it could have been maybe a horse or something--but nothing/nobody was there. This place isn't easily accessible and is weird to describe--so I apologize if my description of our little adventure earlier that day sucks.

Anyway, I was thinking that maybe it might have something to do with that. I was checking the place out because someone (a member here) wants me to show them the area and other stuff with what I all know about the beast and is coming to visit me sometime in the future so I can help him with his project. Was just making sure that the area was truly something that needed further evaluation--and have concluded that it really is something interesting that needs to be checked out more.

Even though it's a major stretch (seeing as I live like 20 minutes away--although I do believe there's more than one creature), I felt that it should be mentioned.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

YES. my cat seemed perturbed and was looking in back of me but purring comfortingly--which helped me calm down loads. And agreed. Despite my 'experience' with 'supernatural' things, I am seriously a bit of a chicken. Especially when it comes to really creepy eerie things. Like, if I see something yeah I'll get freaked out for a second and then calm down but man that humming really got me unnerved.

Luckily, I was able to get into the vibe of my cat's purr and that helped drown things outside out so that I could focus on reading the Bible. And while I did that, I did indeed pray in my head for protection.

But yeah, lol when I wrote this thread I'd almost forgotten that earlier in the day my friend had heard something weird*, too! "Normal, nice day" my butt xD

Then again, I suppose everything is perspective *gulp*
haha

* I have since asked him if he's ever heard humming (out of all of the weird sounds that sometimes go down--he said he mainly hears footsteps sometimes outside very late at night when he's chilling in his car in his driveway, reading outside of his house) --and he has not.

edit on 29-5-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

no, our houses are quite big/nice and well-maintained (mine actually still has the new-house 'smell' when you walk in after leaving for a while, even though it's 10 years old)--and are also located far from any main road and are in the quietest section of town. we have shingles on the roof and drainpipes, but they don't rattle (when and if they pop off during heavy rain, you can't even hear it inside the house--it's well-insulated). The air conditioning unit is on the opposite side of the house and also can't be heard inside. We have a large Weber grill outside that weighs a ton and doesn't move. We have no lawn furniture. Just a stone patio with the grill. (well, you can hear the air going on and off and the water heater and the fridge) but yeah, the melody of the hum sounded kinda like a classical song of some sort (I play piano) and was way too complex to be something random.

I would think it was a person but nobody was outside--our neighborhood has a lot of young couples and KingKelson and I are some of the oldest 'kids' (even though we are adults now) living in the neighborhood. There are no older girls besides me. And the voice sounded like a woman--it had that deep in the chest resonating sound when humming. But the original yelp (or whatever that was that I heard first before the humming--like maybe 5 minutes before (probably less)) sounded weird. I couldn't tell if it was male or female but the voice of that didn't sound like the same voice as the hum. The voice of the hum was very melodic and rich--sounded like they would have had to literally been standing outside right behind where my head was, humming, at one point. And there's bushes and lava rocks in the way of that.

At first I was hoping it was an owl. But listening to it for more than a second killed that hope D:

O.O I wish it was something mundane. I was able to ignore the yelp and write it off (even though it sounded weird lol) but I couldn't begin to explain what the heck was humming.

If I ever hear it again, I'm going to grow a pair and pull a Rambo and go outside to give it a good azz-whoopin' (lol like in Signs xD)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Throughout all of this event, did you think to get a flashlight and go outside? Maybe it's because I live in a really high crime area, but when I hear something, the first thing I do is start peeking out the windows.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yeah, absolutely not. In my area it's very very quiet. If and when there are ever people outside that late at night it's obvious due to the sound they make. Ne-er'do-wells stay more toward the main street of town--which is a good 5 minutes away from my house by car. The reason for that being that they'd have quite the time of trying to steal anything without getting caught/creating an obvious and major disturbance. Each house in my neighborhood has a lamppost--not including the standard ones intermittently along the roads/cul-de'sacs. The only darkened portions of the neighborhood are the places with no houses (the wooded areas) and the backs of houses--although to get to the backs of any house one would first need to walk on the road. Police regularly patrol the neighborhood (i think they make a round once or twice a day) but that presence alone seems to be enough. There is never any crime in my neighborhood. The worst was one time years ago, some boys older than I was at the time crudely spray painted the asphalt all around the neighborhood with pictures of various male genitalia. That's the only thing I can think of. There's no crime in the immediate area at all.

However, because of my experiences with weird stuff (see my other threads to get somewhat of a better picture on that, if you'd like)--while I'm not afraid of going outside at 2-3am, I do tend to avoid doing so especially if nobody knows what I'm up to. I like to err on the side of caution. Plus, I got the distinct feeling that there was something odd about the situation--and it seemed very eerie to me. So I listened to my gut. Because if I'm able to have a say in it, I'd like to always choose to avoid seeing something really terrifying. I've had just about enough of that stuff. ._.

If I were male, I would have probably done what you suggested. But, seeing as I am not and seeing as I also didn't want to wake up my parents, I chose and alternate route to investigate the situation as best as I could at the time.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
But yeah because I'm not positive it was paranormal, I put this thread in the grey area--so it could very well just have been some really weird...wandering minstrels or something lol

edit on 2-6-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join