It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I hate about ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What I really hate about ATS is that I have to put up with the format it is given in. In that I can't decide to place a green bubble in the top left corner and change it to a red spider the next day, or remove it completely.
That I can't click a tab and do my accounts in my spreadsheet whilst having a conversation about how best to kill people when TSHTF or learning about how many zetan meticulis there are already on the planet.
I hate how I can't sell things on amazon or buy something from ebay and not get flags and stars for doing so!!!!!!!!
But then again, would I even want to do that? If I had the choice, maybe I'd keepit just as it is so I guess it's all good to go anyway..
Just my twopence thoughts.
Rant over.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So I'd say start your own website and format it whatever way you want with whatever rules you want. This is a free country....no one says you have to live under ATS rules anywhere else but on ATS.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

But would I still have people like you just popping up in it and arguing with me?
Why can't you poip up and pass me a letter from my mom or a video of some cats being quirky or send me a cup of tea with 2 biscuits to download?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy

But would I still have people like you just popping up in it and arguing with me?
Why can't you poip up and pass me a letter from my mom or a video of some cats being quirky or send me a cup of tea with 2 biscuits to download?

Oh...well, if that's what you are looking for, might I suggest Facebook? It might be more to your liking.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

ATS isn't bad

most people who participate here are reasonable, not all are. so ATS has to have some clearly defined rules. else the threads we follow would be filled with nonsense. this site is by far the best for breaking news that i know of.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I much prefer the stars and flags to the likes and farmville requests. And this design is way cooler. I like that we can have avatars of different sizes and can click on people's info to find out what else they are saying.
And I like how we're not resticted to 160 characters. No, hold on,that's twitter.
I like it how no one twitters on ATS.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying it's bad cos It should be more interactive than it is. It should become the de facto medium for everyone in the world. That we should use it at school and university and at work. That there should be a news channel on tv for it and it should have it's own independent country with a national anthem. If only we could vote who owned it, but it's as if we already own it or is this all getting a bit too democratic and commie-like?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I much prefer the stars and flags to the likes and farmville requests. And this design is way cooler. I like that we can have avatars of different sizes and can click on people's info to find out what else they are saying.
And I like how we're not resticted to 160 characters. No, hold on,that's twitter.
I like it how no one twitters on ATS.

I don't Twitter....or Facebook for that matter. But I have found that you need to not take ATS too seriously. It isn't a popularity contest. Take what appeals to you and let go of the rest....

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I mostly agree, but I'm still waiting for my cup of tea.
It's quite good fun to be able to read a person on here and find a connection that is much easier than on facebook cos too many people can post all at once and a thread can lose track whereas here if there is twittering you know it's only the birds outside cos you've spent all night talking to people coherently and now it's dawn.
But that's also what I hate is that you can't get real birds on here but it is still great cos it's much better here than playing angry birds.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

haha Like!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Doaistguy pulling everyone's chain while stealing a fox: 1

edit on 23-5-2015 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AudioOne

fox???

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I think you need to go to BIN, they don't care what you do there and guess what we won't either. Nobody is forcing you to be here or to even post anything....you can just sit in the corner and suck your thumb. I recently have had my share of situations to deal with regarding members here on ATS and I can either deal with it or move on! I chose to deal with it and take whatever steps are allowed in the process. They have actually provided a great place for you to rant come to think of it....you get real time responses...or you get real time ignoring or you get real time booted off the ATS format!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

But really, just joshing around... I found the thread humorous.. or maybe I find others not catching the humor humorous.
edit on 24-5-2015 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I hate it that it's called Bin. I want to call it something else, like The Naughty Step.
Oh, I dunno, something like that.
But I do like that we have a Bin cos it could get very messy without it.
In fact I love Bin.
Maybe we should have more than 1 bin though?

edit on 24-5-2015 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AudioOne

en.wikipedia.org...

But really, just joshing around... I found the thread humorous.. or maybe I find others not catching the humor humorous. I mean.. the joke was pretty obvious..

Ah, thanks. Wasn't aware of that story.
Yes, interesting what we see as humourous.
I like it that ATS has humour.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Take 2 aspirin and call the doctor in the morning, clearly you are not well. Good luck!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Take 2 aspirin and call the doctor in the morning, clearly you are not well. Good luck!

Now I hate that ATS doesn't let you upload asprin. Or biscuits. Or battenburg. I could just click the button and your hand would come out and give it to me.
That would be cool. I'm gonna suggest it to them for a future upgrade.

edit on 24-5-2015 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Now I hate that ATS doesn't let you upload asprin. Or biscuits. Or battenburg. I could just click the button and your hand would come out and give it to me.
That would be cool. I'm gonna suggest it to them for a future upgrade.

I'm all for the battenburg. Been craving that for two days, can't buy it anywhere close. Wonder if I can buy it online? How fresh would it be? I'll check marks&sparks

I want Jaffa Cakes too!
edit on 24-5-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join