It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I learning this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

My souls true purpose. Why it exists, why it knows things others do not.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces

You've changed the goalposts; you asked who am i, not about the soul's purpose.
So, you think you have a soul.
And that it has a purpose.
And that there is a reason it exists.

Imagine asking your questions as if you were the 5 year old version of yourself.
And then the 80 year old version of yourself.

I tend to look at it that we are individual drops of water in the ocean. Each drop thinks that's all they are, not realising that they are the ocean.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Welcome to the real world OP. S&F

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ExternalForces

Why is all of this being discussed ?

Separation from truth necessitates its rediscovery.

Why is all of this information conflicting?

Both sides are the same. Duality is one thing. Like temperature, we call one side hot and one side cold. In reality, they are both electromagnetic radiation by degree. You see paradox and contradiction because you are failing to see that both sides are true. For instance, you can't know bliss apart from knowing its opposite. You would never value love apart from knowledge of hate. All things that you can identify as incorrect or wrong in this existence are merely reminders of what you are missing on the other side of reality. This is because your subconscious is informed. Your consciousnesses is not. You remember, yet can't remember what it is you are remembering. It's the feeling of missing something, but not being able to identify what it is.

Why must a decision be made by someone else, and why do I get to make certain decisions?

Free will demands that you find the supreme good. It's easy if you have followed the clues. Giving and receiving makes you a saint. Taking makes you a thief. In all cases, if you give, you will reap reward. Taking produces debt. Debt must be paid. Truth is not hard. It's extremely simple. Give. Find all the areas in your life where you are taking from others and flip this to its opposite. Giving requires suffering. Suffering produces reward. Taking receives the easy reward, leaving a debt behind.

What is truth and which is false, and why are false's proven to be truth; truth's proven to be false?

You exist in an image. Images produce opposites. Lies are opposite truth. In all cases, truth will abide in the supreme good of giving, which is truth. False truth is opposite, which can only take. Know the truth by its fruit.

Why does the torment of life feel everlasting? Good or bad, dark or light?

Live is trying to show you how to follow law. Law is the restriction that can be overcome by disallowing the need for it. Love requires no law, can only give and reflects the Spirit of a Soul who gets the truth. Give. Never take. Again, it's simple. Law is removed when you get the point life is showing you.

Why does there always have to be a fight?!

Because thieves harm others. Law is there to require the payment for your debt. The secret to the entire thing is to find the truth. I have shown it to you. These are merely words until you follow the path of giving only. Until then, you will reap what you sow. One seed of corn makes 1800 seeds. Most of it can be eaten. What you are really asking is this: why am I hungry?

The answer is simple. You have not mastered the harvest. Giving requires that you first work for what you give. Suffer on purpose. Until you do, you will suffer the debt of a thief. Live will not let you off the hook until you get it.

To know the truth, you become the truth. Your illusions fade. Truth sets you free, but not until it is the pattern of your choices. Once the pattern impresses and informs your image, you will see the world differently.

There's more I could show you.
edit on bAmerica/Chicago315u5 by BetNun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BetNun

Yes, pretty much.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Hmmmm, what was the point? Oh, I get it you are having an argument with yourself...never mind...carry on! Watch out for the hard surfaces that you might run into with your head, perhaps you may need to wear some kind of protective gear for a period of oh at least 6 months. Or at least until Jupiter crosses the Saturn plane.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Actually, I was ranting but ok.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Stating the obvious...what exactly was your rant about? I forget? Oh never mind!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

It's all so beautiful.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy

originally posted by: ExternalForces

You've changed the goalposts; you asked who am i, not about the soul's purpose.
So, you think you have a soul.
And that it has a purpose.
And that there is a reason it exists.

Imagine asking your questions as if you were the 5 year old version of yourself.
And then the 80 year old version of yourself.

I tend to look at it that we are individual drops of water in the ocean. Each drop thinks that's all they are, not realising that they are the ocean.

I wasn't trying to change the subject. Just answering your questions.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BetNun

Great way to put it. Thanks for clarifying.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Well, we could just do whatever & dump all possible considerations & weighing of consequences. It'd be more like a Mad Max existence that way. Would that be more agreeable than considering impacts of outcomes beforehand?

Every possible consideration on a personal level is done to ensure you yourself have a decent life while you're here, education, lifestyle, beliefs, etc. Sometimes there's a trade-off, will doing something that sucks now pay off for me later? Sometimes, yes. Some people (ok, many people) seem to lack the ability to make sound choices or consider all possible consequences no matter what. We learn to live our lives working around those shortcomings, if possible. Another choice we make.

Government & law is still up to the people to decide how it's run & implemented, if you have the fortitude to fight for it. Otherwise, you're admitting you're along for the ride because it's just okay enough for you. It may not be "okay enough" for people 100 years from now, and they band together & force fundamental changes in the operation of it. Or that may happen in a decade. Up to YOU to decide that.

In short, everything is a choice. It's up to you to make the right ones for yourself. It's up to societies to meet in the middle and make the right ones socially. Think of existence as a living "choose your own ending" book, except with a whole hell of a lot more random variation.

Quick edit: As for the "why" of being alive at all, it's going to be open for debate forever. Ask a million people for their belief on the why, you'll get a million varying, different explanations. There may be religious or philosophical overlap, but it's going to be described differently/uniquely each time. Answer your own why for yourself and only yourself, it's not truly applicable to anyone else.
edit on 5/25/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join