It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Virus Lives on Hospital Surfaces for Days

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Source: MSDS Online - Ebola virus
Interesting. Here is another version of that sheet that says something quite different.

INFECTIOUS DOSE: Viral hemorrhagic fevers have an infectious dose of 1 - 10 organisms by aerosol in non-human primates Footnote 41.
www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

Other than that, the sheets seem to be pretty much identical. I'm not sure it's been proven that humans can be infected by 1 ebola organism. The footnote refers to biological warfare research .

Lets be clear, I am not "fear mongering" only providing new data resulting from tests of Ebola's survivability outside the body.
I understand.

edit on 5/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Source: MSDS Online - Ebola virus
Interesting. Here is another version of that sheet that says something quite different.

INFECTIOUS DOSE: Viral hemorrhagic fevers have an infectious dose of 1 - 10 organisms by aerosol in non-human primates Footnote 41.
www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

Other than that, the sheets seem to be pretty much identical. I'm not sure it's been proven that humans can be infected by 1 ebola organism. The footnote refers to biological warfare research .

Lets be clear, I am not "fear mongering" only providing new data resulting from tests of Ebola's survivability outside the body.
I understand.

I can be pedantic too. Please show me where, in the below quote from my post, it states human? Hmmm?

...It has been proven in tests that it takes only one Ebola virus to infect a host...

If, it can infect a non-human primate (which it seems is used extensively in the medical establishment as a human analogue) with exposure to as little as one Ebola virus, how much of a stretch do you really think it is to apply that to humans? Talk about fear mongering....wow...that would do it if released to the general public. So it is phrased in a manner to imply it can be equivalent in humans, but without the legal ramifications of actually saying it. Meanwhile, how many medical tests are done daily using non-human primates to qualify drugs and other types of trials that are perfectly acceptable to be translated to applying to humans. The next logical step in those cases is to go to human trials, which in the case of testing Ebola, would be against man laws in many nations.

Make the connection in your own mind, with it having to be spoon fed....please. Give us all a little more credit for having the intelligence to do that ourselves...sir.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I can be pedantic too.
Back at you. Show me where it said only one Ebola virus can infect a host.

So it is phrased in a manner to imply it can be equivalent in humans, but without the legal ramifications of actually saying it.
Actually, your source specifically stated humans, but not Ebola.

Give us all a little more credit for having the intelligence to do that ourselves...sir.
I asked a simple question.

<< 1   >>

join