It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not guilty verdict. Will rage in Cleveland ignite ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Again it looks like it's going to be a long hot summer.

A white Cleveland police officer who stood on the hood of a car and shot the vehicle's two unarmed black occupants in Cleveland in 2012 was found not guilty Saturday morning of voluntary manslaughter.

The accused was Ceveland police officer Michael Brelo. When I first heard of this case to me it seemed That he was offered up as a scapegoat. Over 100 rounds were fired into the car by him and other officers. Yet he was the only officer that faced charges.

Regardless of The outcome, The question nagging my mind is. Why do they always do this on the weekend? People are off work at home and to me it seems to be almost begging for civil disturbance. The country is outraged at police conduct and justifiably so. But still I believe these decisions should not be announced on the weekends like they predominately are.

So what do you guys think will there be trouble in Cleveland tonight?

source

Mod's I wasn't sure whether this belonged in Posse Comitatus if it does would you kindly move it.
edit on 23-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Short answer to your headline:

Probably, anywhere such antics can be caused over such issues.

If the news story out today that George Soros bankrolled protesters in Ferguson is correct, then we can expect protests and the possible consequences on a regular basis.

But, hey, if that constitutes as employment for those folks, good. They have found jobs. I just hope they include the wages on their income tax forms.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Yet another killer get away with killing unarmed people just because he wears a badge. It looks like we can add your car backfiring to the list of things the pigs can kill you for and it will be justified.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

My gosh, I can't quite keep up with all the 'death by cop' or racially aggravated violence/riots from the US.
Land of the free eh?
I'll leave you to it, and send hopeful thoughts that there is no injury to people or property in that area this weekend.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The only question I have, is when are we all going to take to the streets (peacefully) together and demand change to Law Enforcement policy and the untouchability of officers.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Holiday weekend too.

Thanks for the thread. I will be watching this.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I am hour away, the National Guard is already on standby. Seems like they prepared well in advance for this verdict......

LINK

edit on 23-5-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

My gosh, I can't quite keep up with all the 'death by cop' or racially aggravated violence/riots from the US.
Land of the free eh?
I'll leave you to it, and send hopeful thoughts that there is no injury to people or property in that area this weekend.

Honestly it's hard for me to keep up.

But in this case I couldn't see how they could hold the single officer guilty of both murders. But from his actions I was surprised he was not convicted of the assault charges.

I saw an interview with the brother of the female victim he claimed they found 49 bullets in her body and she was the passenger.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The only question I have, is when are we all going to take to the streets (peacefully) together and demand change to Law Enforcement policy and the untouchability of officers.

My guess is that when the masses do take to the streets, it is not going to be peaceful.
I wish I could say otherwise, but I don't see it.
There will be blood if it goes to that point.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Yet another killer get away with killing unarmed people just because he wears a badge. It looks like we can add your car backfiring to the list of things the pigs can kill you for and it will be justified.

You have a point, but you cannot lump them all together. There are good cops out there.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yes...I do think in Cleveland (we the people) are very angry and there is going to be protests and perhaps violence.

Just this week in my neck of the woods (I live in Seattle) in Olympia, WA a white police officer shot 2 young black men who were thieves trying to steal beer...they were on skateboards and unarmed...but some are saying the skateboards are weapons...I'm not buying it. Fortunately these 2 young black men are going to live...I want to hear what they have to say. They should not have been shot at...they were just thieves on skateboards.

Again...yes I think not only is there going to be major civil unrest in Cleveland but across the nation.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Elephant - meet room.

If the occupants were white they would have been maybe beaten and harassed, maybe not, known criminals or not. The 2 dead occupants are dead because they were black (maybe criminals).

Feel free to come at me (anyone) with any BS where you think it was otherwise.
edit on 23-5-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

This does look like an upheaval instigator! Hope it does not flare up...
edit on 23-5-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Elephant - meet room.

Lol

The $64,000 question in my mind it is. With a Justice Department investigation ongoing and the Tamir Rice murder last year. How long will it take for justice?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Did forensics not match the rounds found in the bodies with police officers firearms?
I know here in the UK every effort is made to establish the exact weapon/s used in any court case, or inquest.
When I've had dealings with 'bad apple' cops the worst I've had was a few bashes over the head with an extendable baton. I imagine it must be scary not knowing if a cop is going to shoot you dead or not for 'failing to comply' or whatever.
Best wishes to all who may face that in life.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I'm all about civil order, but I cannot completely agree with your statement. I'm beginning to find myself in a polar opposite of my normal stance.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil and this just might be the time for the American public to become the squeaky wheel and be heard loud and clear.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'm just glad that I don't live in Cleveland. I have a feeling that things are going to get very interesting.
I wonder how many more cases like this are going to crop up.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I was going to tell you that it looked like you commented on the wrong thread but you caught it. Good save!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I do believe I agree here with You ! "The squeaky wheel gets the oil and this just might be the time for the American public to become the squeaky wheel and be heard loud and clear."

There are times when we must make a stance and I think the line has been crossed, several times actually lately!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Did forensics not match the rounds found in the bodies with police officers firearms?

The judge said that was not the deciding factor in the case. 13 officers fired 137 rounds, the judge claimed the prosecution did not prove he fired the fatal shots.

But still there was a lesser charge of assault, and I was amazed he wasn't found guilty on that charge.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join