It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

it also reduces you alledged aliens to a pack of imaginination free dollards .

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Warning, warning, we have mind police, no one speculate, all speculating stop now, proof is required for all things before speculation can occur, everyone jump ship.

The premise of this mostly for fun conversation is that,

One, not all the people claiming these events have happened to them are full of # and lying,

and

Two, that the aliens involved are actively working towards preventing that proof you are demanding,

therefore demanding proof before allowing speculation to occur is merely you trying to shut down the human mind and desire to think on different things, ideas, and possibilities.

What you are asking is not a reasonable request. No proof of alien life or the "supernatural" events here, pure speculation thread, move along if looking for proof.

Eye witness testimony is good enough for speculation to occur, thank you, have a nice day.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

And advanced technology requires otherwise? Lazyness is the mother of invention, and # look at us, is where we're headed.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
Yes indeed.

This idea has been extensively discussed on various threads here... you are really just hitting the tip of the iceberg.

Let me save you reading many threads: Science can measure matter, it cannot measure the rest (hence the name anti-matter). 97% of the universe as we know it is anti-matter.
We ( and everything that is i.e. matter) could just be the tip of the iceberg... and to us it would look like magic.

Antimatter absolutely can be measured, and your notion of the universe being 97% antimatter is ludicrous. The known universe is composed nearly 100% of regular matter. I suggest picking up a book sometime.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
First off, interesting thought provoking thread here puppylove. Kudos and deserving of a S & F.
There are a couple things I want to elaborate on.

originally posted by: Puppylove
What if, what we're dealing with is, intergalactic trolls with super-science. I mean, let's assume they've learned to do things with tech we can barely speculate on using what is currently at best described as vague hypothesis or pseudosciences. Is there really anything that can't be explained by some kind of vague connection to a scientific idea or principle? Is supernatural necessary?

This is exactly what seems to be true, pertaining especially to what I bolded in your post. Although it may seem supernatural or magical, it's really just advanced science. Whenever I read of counter rotating discs granting previously unthought of anti gravitational effects from reversed engineered craft or whenever I read from various sources pointing to off world technology permitting limited time travel (i.e. Montauk/Philadelphia experiments) that's exactly what I'm thinking the case is. These beings have already expanded upon the scientific principles our mainstream science is just beginning to touch on. Unfortunately, there are those in our scientific field who shun these principles instead of embracing the fact that we are not at the "end all be all" of that which is to be discovered.

So aliens, do they need our resources? Nope, why would they, space is filled with anything they'd need, their machines can get it easily, they don't need us as slaves either. They don't need us as allies either, anymore than we're making trade agreements with chimps or dolphins. They don't need our planet, if they've gotten this far, they likely have developed the ability to live in space in motherships. So they need nothing from earth, except that, well, they're sentient, and well with sentience comes, boredom.

I disagree here.
The acquisition of resources extends beyond just the basic elements of our periodic table. Upon further research into this, one will come to find that we ourselves are the primary resource. One will also soon come to find that there is a concerted effort to spiritually suppress humanity, as well as manipulating the human genetic code for various reasons. One of the main reasons involving splicing and blending of DNA/genetics by off world species, (notably greys) to produce hybrids capable of housing souls which will return the spiritually and physically regressed species to their former glory, meanwhile restricting/disrupting the natural evolutionary process for humanity (part of the spiritual/soul level suppression). That's where abductions come in and it's a constant trial and error process for the manipulators, even with their advanced science and tech, although some moderate success has been granted. However, the implications of these processes are not favorable for us. So it's more to it than just stopping by to pick up gold or any other element. Much more.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's funny but a lot of horror and Sci-fi books have this same premise.

Stephen King's Under the Dome for one. Where we're just play things for advanced civilizations. We could get someone that just wants to study us and let us in peace, perhaps guide us if we need it or we could get someone immature that just want's to play games with us. We might never know either way.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

Fine to disagree but I don't buy the spiritual line one bit. I think it's pure misinformation on what's really going on, making use of our primitive understandings to muddy the waters.

I don't think anything the aliens have done supposedly requires an actual soul ect to be harvested, nor sould hybridization. I'm sorry we're not that special.

We're not some special unique snowflake with special supersouls aliens need for some bizarre reason.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

a reply to: TrueMessiah

Fine to disagree but I don't buy the spiritual line one bit. I think it's pure misinformation on what's really going on, making use of our primitive understandings to muddy the waters.

I don't think anything the aliens have done supposedly requires an actual soul ect to be harvested, nor sould hybridization. I'm sorry we're not that special.

We're not some special unique snowflake with special supersouls aliens need for some bizarre reason.

If our understandings are primitive, then who's to say it can't possibly be true? The waters can potentially be muddied but since we have a limited understanding from square one, we shouldn't automatically reject "far out" sounding possibilities.

When I speak of spiritual/soul suppression, I speak of misdirection which leads us as human beings to not discover who we really are on the spiritual level. That is counterproductive to human progress, and hence incorporates suppression. Not so much playing a harvesting soul game. The hybridization makes sense when you consider the motives behind it. I guess more research is needed before you can buy any these aspects. You seem like a knowledgeable person, I encourage you to take a deeper look into it. When you do, you will see that humanity is indeed special. You may not see it but ET surely does.
edit on CDTSat, 23 May 2015 12:13:37 -0500000000America/ChicagoMayAmerica/Chicago373713pm by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Yes indeed.

This idea has been extensively discussed on various threads here... you are really just hitting the tip of the iceberg.

Let me save you reading many threads: Science can measure matter, it cannot measure the rest (hence the name anti-matter). 97% of the universe as we know it is anti-matter.
We ( and everything that is i.e. matter) could just be the tip of the iceberg... and to us it would look like magic.

Antimatter absolutely can be measured, and your notion of the universe being 97% antimatter is ludicrous. The known universe is composed nearly 100% of regular matter. I suggest picking up a book sometime.

It is not MY notion... so no need to attack with statements like "pick up a book". Maybe you might be well-read and that boosts your ego. That is ignorant imho.
here

Overall, dark energy is thought to contribute 73 percent of all the mass and energy in the universe. Another 23 percent is dark matter, which leaves only 4 percent of the universe composed of regular matter, such as stars, planets and people

may i suggest you open your mind to new ideas...

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think everything is spiritual and everything is also technology. Nothing is religious however. However for Higher Ups, Higher Conscious Beings who are incredible supermen and women, its basically Mind over Matter.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It is not MY notion... so no need to attack with statements like "pick up a book". Maybe you might be well-read and that boosts your ego. That is ignorant imho.
here

Overall, dark energy is thought to contribute 73 percent of all the mass and energy in the universe. Another 23 percent is dark matter, which leaves only 4 percent of the universe composed of regular matter, such as stars, planets and people

may i suggest you open your mind to new ideas...

That information is correct. Your original post, however, said "antimatter" (repeatedly), which is entirely unrelated to dark matter and dark energy.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Have you ever read Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy?

What if aliens are just rich spoiled kids that take a holiday and start spooking the natives of another planet?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I have and I love that book

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
One small thing you typed smacked me on the head with its utter truth... "Yet to see a human monkey pact".

That is a sobering truth.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

Yep, I find it funny how so many of us insist, with faith, that aliens must be better people than ourselves, as if sentience has done anything to uplift us morally from the rest of the animal kingdom.

And then there's our insistence that we're somehow important to a more advanced species, I wonder what a chimp thinks of it's self worth before we abduct them?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

We have a lot of strange things in this world, bizarre experiences people experience everyday, reports of supposed aliens abducting people, weird incorporeal entities haunting our lives, just plain bizarre stuff out there. Much of which seems "magical" or supernatural in nature.

So what if, everything we're experience is not in the least supernatural. What if it's just, you know, stuff, like our toaster?

I always knew my toaster was up to no good. Never trusted that thing for a second.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
why do female alien avatars always have big breasts?

How else are we supposed to know it's female?

Also, big boobs are cool.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Maybe you'd be surprised to find out that "intergalactic trolls" do exist, they're called gods. Entities, gods and other "alien" lifeforms are forever just trolling man. It's one of the great big laughs.. it even gets sinister, which is the horror side of the coin.

True evil.. true tricksters. Reality is a sick joke of the worst kind, ask a ghost or someone in a hell realm. A dangerous game with the majority playing the part of ignorant puppets, they're at the mercy of the game and it gets real as hell if you know what I mean.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I always like your posts. You're always talking about the light, I'm always talking about the darkness.. two both valid perspectives as I see it.

You raise spirits. I try to tear them to pieces.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I think using human terms to define older, more evolved civilizations might be short sighted. They could just be an extension of what humans are but I would think that in order to survive much, much longer a different mind set would have occurred.

A handful of greedy people who mistreat the masses doesn't make for a productive society. Look at our warring and disasters such as Fukashima that are not in check. The current thinking in our world doesn't seem to lend itself to much more than self destruction and destruction of the planet.

But given almost unlimited chances I suppose all sorts of mind set for evolved societies could exist. Who visits here might be the luck of the draw unless many, many life forms are moving through the universe in our local area.
edit on 5/24/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join