It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks paying banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I don't find it strange that banks are paying off other banks because of their wrong doing. I will say it is impressive that such measures have been taken though. What are the implications?

It would seem to me that the Justice Department has done its best, as they have for the first time made these banks admit their guilt and have warned them of possible criminal punishment if this happens again. Seems a little too late, but the warning is, in and of itself, an important factor.

It looks like the FED is more of an arbitrator than enforcer, or else they would have done this on their own, no? It is literally impossible that they did not have this information beforehand, but were they complicit, or did they actually help the cause to stop the fraud? Did they reach out to the justice department? Unlikely.

I'll count this as 1 for law and 1000 for lawlessness. It is a dangerous game. Every action a government takes against these people moves capital out of that government's system. I'm not sure people understand just how lucky we are to be American, as we are literally one of a few countries in the world who could even attempt to do this without absolute fear of capital flight, but make no mistake about it: these banks have taken notice and will do whatever it takes to get out of the realm of legal jurisdiction. The only real question is how long we can stay profitable to them. In my eyes such measures prove who has the real power, and it is not government(s), as banks are merely paying other banks the cost of business, nothing more.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
You sound like you're pandering to Big Bank fear mongering. Towing the line. I can't subscribe to that stream of logic. The East won't give Western banking the time of day. They've got their own paper mill hatching. Europe saw what their "investing" genius did the Greece. So who exactly would be their new cash cows?

You know what happens in a vacuum, no? Picture a colonic.

join