It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Wooden Statue Twice As Old As The Pyramids Of Egypt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Why don't you believe it's older than pyramids exactly?

It's well preserved because it was found lying in a peat bog: low temperature, acidic water and little to no oxygen.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

There have been artifacts like Antikythera mechanism or the Maine Penny that were originally classified as OOPArts that are known to be authentic. There's also the Glozel Tablets or the Phaistos Disc which have been at times controversial. The Glozel Tablets in particular were completely rejected as a hoax by some very prominent figures in archaeology at the time only to be proven authentic decades after their discovery.

Let's not forget about the Tecaxic-Calixtlahuaca head, the Egyptian tri-lobed disc and the Fuente Magna bowl either. Then there are some mysterious items that are definitively authentic but about which we know next to nothing, despite the fact that they are found in situ in large numbers such as the California cogged stones and the carved petrospheres of (mostly) Scotland. You can read about the last two in the same thread as the Glozel Tablets, here.

There's plenty of mystery in the world without the crap that the ancient aliens clique pushes.
edit on 2015-5-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Why don't you believe it's older than pyramids exactly?

Tell me why I should believe it.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

The Shigir Idol was discovered by professional archaeologists, in situ, at a depth of 4m near the site of an open air gold mine at which many other prehistoric artifacts were discovered. Samples of the wood were independently dated (at least twice in Russian and once in Germany) and the results of were in agreement. Nothing about its style or the technological sophistication required for its construction appear to contradict the dating.

Although it's certainly mysterious, there doesn't seem to be anything controversial about its authenticity, provenance or the dating.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I live in between two tidal waters that go from 3 feet to 50 ft. It's amazing to watch a cycle .

" Each day 160 billion tonnes of seawater flows in and out of the Bay of Fundy during one tide cycle — more than the combined flow of the world’s freshwater rivers! " "The Bay’s tides do officially measure 50 feet in height but the tidal bore (just one of several ways to see the tides) is not a 50 foot wall of water twice a day." bayoffundytourism.com...

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to:
I read the op. And I do not know what the hell a quid is.
But I am down with your statement Kandinsky, And I"ll back you 2 more quid.

edit on 23-5-2015 by grayghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Old Slavic runes on Shigir idol older than the emergence of writing Sumerian and Egyptian calendar 3000+ years rasseniya.katrich.net... photo 282-285

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

It's pretty cool looking, but I don't see why they find it cryptic. The markings look more like simple designs than any sort of writing. The shape is not like anything I have seen elsewhere, though.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
MEH ! ! Thats NICE...

All Righty Then!!

Lion man of the Hohlenstein Stadel
en.wikipedia.org...

A lion-headed figure, first called the lion man (German: Löwenmensch, literally "lion human"), then the lion lady (German: Löwenfrau), is an ivory sculpture that is both the oldest known zoomorphic (animal-shaped) sculpture in the world, and the oldest known uncontested example of figurative art. The figurine was determined to be about 40,000 years old[1] by carbon dating material from the same layer in which the sculpture was found. It is associated with the archaeological Aurignacian culture.[2] The sculpture is 29.6 cm (11.7 inches) in height, 5.6 cm wide, and 5.9 cm thick. It was carved out of mammoth ivory using a flint stone knife. There are seven parallel, transverse, carved gouges on the left arm. It is now in the museum in Ulm, Germany.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

It Does Remind me of a Totem Pole

Either A Grave Marker or History Marker , or CLAN/Tribe Marker

More Less a Grave marker telling the History of the Individual Dead that this
Statue aka Totem is Based on ...

Just Assumption a BIG GUESS

If this was Found in a BOG PIT ..

Im Guessing

a Grave " Memorial" POLE or a SHAME POLE

Totem pole
en.wikipedia.org...

Although Mostly Known in Māori New Zealand , Indigenous Ainu ( Japan ) Native American " Mostly Alaskan " North America

It could be Other Places...

Something is Telling me this a Like A Totem...

These are a Korean Totem Markers " Recent"

kind of Similar to the OP BOG Statue..

Guardian Deity s protecting from Evil Spirits

Still Searching !

edit on 02015SundayfAmerica/Chicago5143 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

so true - we will never know the full, true meaning, it shall be hidden along with the rest.

Nothing to see here people, carry on voting for the best singer

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

It is very impressive isn't it? I thought that there were a few similar items around, though thought to be much younger but could only find The Ralaghan Man

Which is merely Bronze Age and far smaller at about three foot eight.

I thought that there had been wooden Norse Idols of very similar design and ofc much younger age found... maybe someone else has mentioned them or perhaps a little later i'll find them or realise I imagined it

There will have been many entire and amazingly beautiful millennia worth of wood, bone, horn/antler carving that we will pretty much never know about too, it's such a shame as it all becomes compost.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: grayghost

A "quid" is slang for an British Pound (money). It's derived from the Latin phrase, "Quid pro quo," or 'this for that' or 'something for something.'

edit on 26-5-2015 by SlapMonkey because: clarification

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

thank you skalla the Ralaghan Man is good too..

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It reminds me of Native American totem pole:

Or a South Pacific Tiki statue:

edit on 26-5-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The face on the statue reminds me of the Moai monoliths on Easter Island

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
History gets re-written in amazingly fast pace. Soon we'll discover the truth about the ancient civilizations.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join