It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the Motive of Christianity?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That was much later, in the crusades. Jesus did not promote violence, he was all about peace

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Religion from a Scientific Approach.

It's possible the motive of all Religion is to simply reach the other side of the rainbow and then vanish into a reverse electronic magnified proton induced atomic dust ball of strange matter. And then 'Poof' .. disappear into nothingness.

Light is the 4th dimension and the reference frame for time. Theoretically, transcending into the light would be a world not limited by time, and thus would allow the eternal life promised by Jesus and other prophetic figures (John 1:1-13). To go off what you said, as an object approaches the speed of light it begins to contract material, and theoretically once it reaches the speed of light it would vanish into thin air. Not to say the transcendent process is a matter of reaching the velocity of light, but rather, the realm of light is likely something within us that we can tune into.

"There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever." (Rev 22:5)

In my humble opinion, I believe you are right.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I cast my vote for option 1

In my opinion, Jesus if he actually existed, was like the cult leaders of modern times. Today, if someone claims to be the son of god, or to directly commune with god, they are immediately dismissed as lunatics, yet there are a billion people who believe Jesus was the son of god, based on the words written by questionable men over 2000 years ago...

The veil of stupidity grows thicker and thicker...

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Light is the 4th dimension

light isnt a dimension.

Theoretically, transcending into the light would be a world not limited by time

do you know the difference between theory and hypothesis?

To go off what you said, as an object approaches the speed of light it begins to contract material, and theoretically once it reaches the speed of light it would vanish into thin air.

hmm, it sounds as though you dont know the difference.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: Gothmog

That was much later, in the crusades. Jesus did not promote violence, he was all about peace

Matthew 10:34

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Tyrants are best served by pretending they bring salvation rather than oppression.

As in my sig.

"(there are) no gods in the heavens, only tyrants on earth."

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Light is the 4th dimension

light isnt a dimension.

Theoretically, transcending into the light would be a world not limited by time

do you know the difference between theory and hypothesis?

To go off what you said, as an object approaches the speed of light it begins to contract material, and theoretically once it reaches the speed of light it would vanish into thin air.

hmm, it sounds as though you dont know the difference.

In "The Evolution of Physics" Einstein and Infeld go over the experiments being done with light at the time. As you know E = mc^2 indicates that all matter is super dense energy. He discussed why light is another dimension, like width, length, and height. There was no hypothesis that matter contracts as it reaches a higher velocity, this was a demonstrated fact that scientists stumbled upon during experiments with light. You're stuck in a material-restrained mindset, don't speak ignorantly.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cogito, Ergo Sum

Tyrants are best served by pretending they bring salvation rather than oppression.

As in my sig.

"(there are) no gods in the heavens, only tyrants on earth."

ohhhhh...so thats what it says.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

In "The Evolution of Physics" Einstein and Infeld go over the experiments being done with light at the time. As you know E = mc^2 indicates that all matter is super dense energy. He discussed why light is another dimension, like width, length, and height. There was no hypothesis that matter contracts as it reaches a higher velocity, this was a demonstrated fact that scientists stumbled upon during experiments with light. You're stuck in a material-restrained mindset, don't speak ignorantly.

first, i would like to see sources confirming this.

second, i would like you to address me like christian instead of just claiming to be one. that includes your holier-than-thou tone.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Absolutely.

There are three sections, as you pointed out. Sometimes hard to remember that, if you aren't careful.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Dogmatic Religion, yes.

Belief, not so much.

There is a difference.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

first, i would like to see sources confirming this.

second, i would like you to address me like christian instead of just claiming to be one. that includes your holier-than-thou tone.

When you say "looks like you don't know the difference between theory and hypothesis"... how's that supposed to make me feel
??? Didn't mean to sound condescending, its just a bad habit I have when people mock the things I say without looking into it.

"In fact, it follows from the Lorentz
transformation that a moving stick contracts in the
direction of the motion and the contraction increases if
the speed increases. The faster a stick moves, the shorter
it appears... It follows from the Lorentz transformation
that a stick would shrink to nothing
if its speed were to reach that of light"

pg 199-200 The Evolution of Physics by Albert Einstein

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
To spread love an peace, and those that didn't comply went to Hell and kept burning till they did.

Not so much the original Christianity,or was it?
edit on 23-5-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I'm pointing out as clear as a bell how mankind is obviously
lacking the guidance and control he needs from what was once
our one true oracle God. I'm relating how the direction mans attempt
to be God all the way up to this day, thru science, correlates perfectly
all the way back to genesis. Where God let us have our way choosing
to go it on our own, Without Gods law. what we are seeing today
appears to be the end of that allowance. Because we obviously
aren't going to make it. With out GODS control. On topic.

It's really very plain. And despite any judgements from you and
your preferances. It's happening and God isn't who you think he
should be. So get over it.

What is becoming clear once again, this GOD you believe in actually is provably no more, and those that created this Universe and its realms, have done so for far different reasons than the mysterious GOD you claim has to have a say in things.

The plain truths are, if we do not stop treating ourselves as utter pawns in GODS schemes, we got nothing.

Nothing now, before or ever, is coming from these belief systems.

Once the religious realize EVERYTHING they believe IS RELIGIOUS, and IS used by something to shift the energies they produce in directions they are blind too, only then do we have a chance to snap the chains the scums have on EVERYTHING.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
When I read Yeshua:s teaching on the spirit and the light and compare them to eastern idea of Kundalini they fit. The Kundalini idea is from my point of view, probably not 100% the truth on how energy fluctuate within the quantum field in the body since it is a bit of a simplification of the truth and thefor leaves out unknown objective truth.

From my point of view to understand Yeshua you will have to understand Buddha, Rumi and Nanak. Really understand one of them and you wil understand them all.
. Same divine source.

Actually none of them are DIVINE at all.

Furthermore, why would anyone want to understand such limited boring teachers that have nothing to offer.

Delve into a REAL Kundalini experience with no strings attached, I double dare it, and you will know that these types you speak of will cower and run for the dimensional strands left in tatters that actually harbor the sickness they spread.

I for one, have decided they need a good fixing, and that is what they are going to get!!!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Christianity appeared and evolved at a time of religious and political turmoil, both were intertwined. It was a tribal society and people were forced to be part of a 'tribe' for survival or faced persecution.

Historically, research suggests that Jesus, if he existed or was even called Jesus, was talented in the ancient arts, affiliated to Mithra-ism, Apollo cults and was most likely a Nazarene (a religious sect rather a person from Nazareth, which didn't exist then).

His story was taken upon, with those of other cults of the day in a snowballed mixture of many beliefs in the creation of a one size fits all religion of the day. It was enforced by law. Through the years it grew and gained support, it was added to, manipulated by it's leaders and tightened it's control on the populations of the lands in which it dominated. Partly due to necessity for peace and at other times due to corruption. Laws, edicts etc were added, fiscal authority gained, control of populations increased again, sometimes due to necessity for keeping peace, others due to corruption, and such has continued to this day.

So, in summation, it was and is probably a mixture of truth, control and corruption.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The intent (by design) of scripture is stated from the foundation. It has three underlying truths:

1) We are all the Son of God in the image of God. That image must be conformed back from sin / individuation / separation back to the image of God as one (all in all). The only way for us to accomplish this was to be naked (no knowledge of God). We were made sin so that we could overcome two obstacles by necessity.

a. Obstacle One: Yahweh / Ego to Rule. The Ego to rule others by judgement is the sin of self-righteousness. Yahweh is the Son of God learning to rule by tyranny first, then by love by the end. It's the primary lesson to learn. Self-righteousness and wickedness are one in the same. Yahweh became a man in the form of Christ to humble his EGO.

b. Obstacle Two: Satan. Satan was made by Yahweh (Genesis 3:1). He was made cunning (Arum). Arum means clothed with knowledge. Mankind was made Arummim (Naked). The wordplay here reveals what Satan is by comparison to the Ego that made him. Satan is the Accuser, or Conscience of the Son of God. For Satan to be silenced, we must be clothed as Satan is clothed (with knowledge / illumination). Once we are clothed, we are no longer naked. We reflect the image of God by wisdom and experience.

2) True righteousness cannot judge. This is why we must overcome the Ego / Conscience. Apart from love, we sin against others. From Love, we cannot sin. Love leaves no room to harm others. Again, we must learn this the hard way. We must first be destroyed to rise again to new life.

3) All of us come from one being--the Son of God. As he leads us by possession of host, he is the Lord of Hosts. What he teaches us is actually being taught to him. He did not realize this as Yahweh. He may still be unaware of this fact. In the end, we must all see this fact. We are all one being. To deny that we are the image of God, complete with the conscience and ego of the Son, we fail to see how the image works.

Put all three together, then go back and read about yourself by all the characters you examine in the Bible. The point is not to love Yahweh / Satan, but to overcome them and claim your right as ruler of your own Son. He didn't just die for you. You died for him as well. You are Adam. He took on the form of Adam so that we could do this together as one being.

In the end, HE is clothed with us. We are clothed with him. Abraham was able to keep his Son. We will not wake up to be the Son of God, as the video below suggests. We are each a unique image of the first, destined for our own unique individuation of being. You get to keep your Son. First, he must be sacrificed. Christ allows this to be done to him so that you do not bear that cup alone. He does it for us. We do it together. We judge Yahweh incorrectly if we fail to know that Christ overcame this in himself first. By this, we can then be conformed to his image. He is conformed to God. We always trail behind.

Take the video below into consideration. The only twist is that each person that was able to live gets to keep the acquired knowledge (robe / body / clothing) of the whole. We are all going to remember each life we lived. You must be born again. It's the only way to know all perspectives. We are all one being. We are also a unique version (image).

These three things are the point of the Bible. You can get the Bible if you read the Hindu Upanishads. They reveal the truths I just showed you. Once you know them form the Hindus, then simply follow the Hindu Philosophers called Jews. The Hebrews have their roots in this system of truth. The mysteries of the Pagans are the same as those of the Bible.

edit on bAmerica/Chicago3150000005 by BetNun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
All I can really do is shake my head when reading these threads. What is the motive of ____________? It's all just a distraction, all I see is poor rationalizations of your favorite belief.
Just like all living things we are the current survivors on this outpost in a vast universe. As a species we have evolved to a point were we can take responsibility for our own destiny. Do we spread our form of life throughout the galaxy? Or will we will fail to meet the challenge and become extinct? For me this is the problem with needing some deity to solve all our problems, we have never found one, or invented one that can do it reliably. And worse, your favorite is actually promising to wipe us out some day. I see that as a problem rather than a solution.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

When you say "looks like you don't know the difference between theory and hypothesis"... how's that supposed to make me feel??? Didn't mean to sound condescending, its just a bad habit I have when people mock the things I say without looking into it.

you said light is the fourth dimension.

"In fact, it follows from the Lorentz
transformation that a moving stick contracts in the
direction of the motion and the contraction increases if
the speed increases. The faster a stick moves, the shorter
it appears... It follows from the Lorentz transformation
that a stick would shrink to nothing
if its speed were to reach that of light"

i see nothing in this about a fourth dimension. furthermore i see hypothesizing and not tests with repeatable results. not sure it even qualifies as a hypothesis:

A hypothesis (plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it.

edit on 23-5-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Nothing now, before or ever, is coming from these belief systems.

Why make such an obviously false statement? False because you
haven't been on the planet long enough and can't see into the
future far enough, to have the knowledge it takes, to make such
a statement. You're just trying to sound like you know what you're
talking about and failing bigtime. I love people who mow thru threads
and say this is BS. That's impossible but at the same time can't begin
to offer any thoughts of where we come from, our current condition
and ultimate destiny.

Just, Oh we've always been here cuz, we'll always be here with really
no reason for us being here. Even tho the boundless coincidences
alone that were hurdled for us to be here. Would add to more appropriated
disbelief, than just believing in God in the first place. So sorry but deity,
really is the most believable. I've seen nothing offered that makes more sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join