It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother found pushing DEAD toddler on swing.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Human_Alien
Do you have links to other stories which back up your assertions about her homelessness and mental condition?
I have searched for further info and cannot find any further info about this incident. The stories all say basically the same thing as the OP's link.
I see nothing that says she was pushing the child at 3 AM. I see nothing that states categorically that she had been at the park overnight, rather it states that police said she "may" have been there that long. Since they only arrived when called in the early morning, they are only speculating.
If you have never seen the results of shock up close and personal, you might jump to some really silly and hateful conclusions. I'm not wishing you any ill luck but until you actually witness some utterly mind-bending, heart-wringing event such as sudden and unexpected death, you absolutely have no idea as to how you will react. Denial is a very powerful and unpredictable emotion.
Having worked for several years next door to the emergency room of a hospital, I can tell you that each person's reaction is different.
A very sad story indeed.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
If the woman didn't do any harm to the toddler and she's in shock.. I can't even think how I would react in such case. But I think I would dry out of tears. .. losing such a young child is devastating...

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepitpony
a reply to: intrptr

'One last walk and swing in the park'... I burst into tears when I read that , I cannot even comprehend her pain. I just hope she gets the help she so badly needs.

I think we all feel loss like that, just some express it differently. You felt it too. I'm not glad you burst into tears at something I said, but hopeful, maybe you got to release some of your own pain?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

My wife today will send a prayer request to her pastor.
No doubt there will be a large prayer said for this lady
and her child today. May they someday be reunited by
the great hope.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I'm with you partner. Why ask why, when we think positively about
someone.

a reply to: diggindirt
I have searched for further info and cannot find any further info about this incident. The stories all say basically the same thing as the OP's link.

It's called censorship my good member.

edit on Ram52415v342015u32 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: thepitpony
a little bit of truth will bring a little closure....wnen I lost my mum just two years ago.... I told my buddy I was teary eyed but not distraught....he said yes, we KNOW where our moms are when they leave here...
they're in paradise immediately. why, we're soon to be together, too! that kinda takes away the sting of one last walk in the park....it's war here now....BUT....here comes an end to sorrow and unknowing....it's steaming this way really fast....truth for us there....and that's exactly why some seem to be looking forward to the end of this paradigm.....or way things are...!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I knows there isn't much literature out there, for you to have
gained such true insights. So I must compliment your wise
understanding.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
Its not that strange, hospitals here in the UK allow mothers of still boirn children to dress them and take them for walks in pushchairs as a way of saying goodbye.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Being from the the UK, I agree with WilsonWilson. People react to death in different ways and that has to be recognized by others. There is no text book response to death, especially to the death of a child.

As a Police Officer, I've attended several Sudden Infant Deaths and each situation is different. Some parents are matter of fact, others are hysterical, some try to administer CPR even after the Doctor has pronounced life extinct. I went to a call in the town centre where a neighbour of a lady found her shopping with the dead child in the buggy.

We all know the headline does not covey the truth. Maybe it's genuine, maybe it's a "Meth addict" whose killed the child, but spare a thought for the Police Officer who is sent to the call. The Officer has to care and support the people involved but at the same time consider if a crime has been committed unless proved otherwise.

How would you deal with the situation ?

I don't wish to detract from the mother's grief, but maybe if more public went on patrol as deputies or as we call them PCSO,, then fewer mothers would spend hours in a play park rocking their dead child ?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I think we should not point fingers at the mother yet. Maybe her son died of natural causes and she wanted him to "have fun" while he was still alive. Such as heart failure or something else. There could be a million reasons, but PTSD is what I would assume caused her to push him for hours on end. She is a young mother. Not the rule out foul play, just saying, don't be an expert in something you are not an expert on. Such as the Philly AMTRAC derailment, everyone blames the engineer before an investigation even started. Different subjects, but in the end it's the same deal, don't point fingers and assume something you have no idea about.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepitpony

'One last walk and swing in the park'... I burst into tears when I read that , I cannot even comprehend her pain. I just hope she gets the help she so badly needs.

That could well be the answer. A mothers final day out with her son in the place he probably loved best, before he's taken from her.... Forever.
Or maybe shes kicking hérself for not taking him to the Park when he asked her, now she knows she'll never get another chance to take him, or maybe shes just keeping a promise, as mums try to do.

Either way, this is an act of love, from a destroyed mother.

Anyone who has children will feel her pain, although I think we can never truly understand, and share the secret fear we all have as parents even though we never talk of it..The secret fear that one day maybe our kids will become sick and theres nothing we can do.
God spare all parents from what shes going through.
edit on AM1Mon20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Ultralight

That's sad. I don't think that she could accept that he was dead.
I'm surprised that nobody got it on video, instead of trying to help. That's the way today's society has become.

You're condemning non existent people for an event that didn't even happen. Weird.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The father has now come forward and started he went to court for full custody over fears that the mother was mentally ill. The judge ruled in the mother's favor. A few days later the mother was seen pushing the deceased child on the swing. It doesn't sound good. The mother is still hospitalized at this point. The autopsy came up inconclusive and are now awaiting toxicology results and other testing.

Source

NBC

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well now we know:

LA PLATA, Md. (WUSA9) -- The death of a three-year-old boy found dead in a swing at a Maryland park has been ruled a homicide.

Ji'Aire Lee was found on a swing at Wills Memorial Park on the morning of May 22. He died of dehydration and hypothermia, according to the Charles County Sheriff's Office.

ksdk

The child was alive when his mother placed him in the swing at around 11:15am but died from dehydration and hypothermia some time later. What a sad story.

Poor little dude, what a terrible way to die.

edit on 1-7-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

dehydration ???????????

is that likley to point to a pattern of prior abuse // neglect

i have zero experience of peadiatric medicience - but it seems to me a verey short period for dehydration to kick in [ thats assuming that the infant was ok before it went in the swing ] - or are infants more suseptible to dehydration ?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: LDragonFire

dehydration ???????????

is that likley to point to a pattern of prior abuse // neglect

i have zero experience of peadiatric medicience - but it seems to me a verey short period for dehydration to kick in [ thats assuming that the infant was ok before it went in the swing ] - or are infants more suseptible to dehydration ?

You are correct. He was most likely already in distress and dehydrated when put in the swing. Chances are he was already dying before even being taken to the park

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
How incredibly sad and horrible.

In a just world the mother would experience the exact same treatment until she died.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

God no, I don't think she did. It just doesn't compute to me that way.

There has to be an investigation, though. You know that as well as I do. I'm almost completely certain that she'll be found innocent of any wrong doing.

Apparently I was wrong.

Poor little guy.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join