It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother found pushing DEAD toddler on swing.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

can't begin to imagine the sort of trauma that would cause this sort of response. ...and may God spare me from it.

Actually I can that's what hurts the most. A ex-employee of mine had an infant die from Sid's. I had to send the man home regularly he could not make it through the day for a couple months. It was so sad to watch his despair, it touched me a gruff old bastard deeply.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

That's something else I've managed to avoid.

I have no kids, and all my friends children are healthy little tykes.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

My thought was perhaps he was near to death with a terminal illness and she lovingly fulfilled her young child's dyng wish.

edit on 1432358633Saturday31Sat, 23 May 2015 00:23:53 -0500amSaturday23121231 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

My second thought was all the security cameras that are everywhere! If a person with tattoos and a shaved head lingered for a couple few hours at that park, sitting on a bench, you bet they would be jumping all over that!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Compassion and empathy are great qualities. Fortunately when you read this thread. It will help you ascertain which members have both of those qualities.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

My thought was perhaps he was near to death with a terminal illnessit and she lovingly fulfilled her young child's dyng wish.

That is a very pleasant thought.

But I think that if she knew it was coming it would help the coping mechanisms. For her to have such a reaction to me it seems like it was sudden and she could not deal with it.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

When my mother passed away in their bed, my father's immediate reaction (after making the dreaded calls) was to brush her hair, sponge bath her, all the while pouring out his sorrow for any sadness or pain he had caused throughout their 43 year marriage. He spoke of deep love and pride for her raising their 7 daughters. It was both sad and beautiful at the same time.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

It speaks to the very essence of our humanity and the obvious loss of it for each other. Yes, I could have easily not shared this sad, sad story but I wanted to evidence what is clearly eluding us and maybe, just maybe a soft smack into "LOVE thy neighbor" would spark something in those of us who "felt" the emotions of this story.

No offense to you, Super Mod, but our continued suppression and rug sweeping of these incidents goes directly to the root of our social disconnect .

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I do see that as well.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Not as heartbreaking as the original OP but my grandfather passed when I was 5 years old. I could not understand. At the funeral I was made to wear my suit and tie. The whole time I felt that the tie was choking me. To this day I will not wear a tie unless it would be a matter of life and death.Deep grief does strange things...

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So heart breaking! Rest in peace sweet child. There are so many things that pull at our heart strings, things we can't do anything about. We hate that they happen, but they happen.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

How horrible an experience for you and beyond devastating for that poor mother.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I disagree. But thank you for your opinions.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

I think even the remotest possibility that that mother stood pushing her son in the swing OVERNIGHT supersedes exact timeline.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I was 9 when my grandfather passed. Tiny little township but everyone in his community attended to pay respects. My Uncle took my hand and pulled me forcibly up to the open casket and instructed me to kiss Gramps goodbye. I broke free and found my father really quickly. I will never forget that event. At a funeral, I sit as far away from the casket as I possibly can.

Trauma is scarring and this poor dear mother must feel it with every breath.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Indeed. Flashbacks can be equally disturbing. I am sorry you went through that experience.

Blessings.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I am so moved by the majority of the replies to this thread. It brought a common, primal need to share our experiences and sorrow , and open discussion of incomprehensible loss of an innocent.

I wondered how many would take the path of blame, foul play, and discourse.

ATS has caring, beautiful souls.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
just to point out - a foresnsic examination will determine if the infant died in the swing - or died elsewhere and was moved , post-mortem

would it be that onerous to wait for this result instead of speculating ?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
In my work I had to announce/witness a few recent death and if it's too much to cope with the mind just 'snap'. Much like a breaker circuit opens to protect the rest of the system. The event is not accepted as real for some time and the person act as if nothing happened. Since the lost of a child is the worst thing ever, it's not surprising me a bit she went on that way, caring for him.

I really hope she'll get helped and taken care of. Sad sad story indeed.
edit on 2015 5 23 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This is so sad. As a mother of three I can say in my opinion that there is no greater love than the love a mom has for her kids. I really hope the mom is getting the help she needs. I pray the child passed peacefully.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join