It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus taught Pacifism (there is never an excuse for violence/war)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well said!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
He was metaphorically, or real, the Spirit of Peace and Love. Nonetheless, the apostles carried swords and the gnostic writings also depict weapons, so apparently there is still self defense. But He was Love, Kindness, Goodness, Humble of Heart, Giving, Forgiving, and went the extra mile for sinners, not just those who didn't need a doctor.
edit on 22-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

One must keep in mid that weapons may still be used to defend ourselves against the wild beasts of the world. I have given many a black bear the warning in my day and will gladly shoot them if and when the times comes to put them into the pot. They are very yummy.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Jesus made a scourge and brandished it when cleansing the temple.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It doesn't say whether he used it on people or not.

If violence is always wrong, why did Jesus use it or threaten to use it?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I would argue that He was ANGRY, not violent.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BennyHavensOh

He crafted the weapon himself then angrily stormed into the temple brandishing it. Overturned tables and chased people out. Either hitting them or waving the scourge around menacingly. At that point where is the line between anger and violence? Surely for any mortal man this situation would have been considered violent!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I cannot say and will not judge the King Of Angels based on the words of the accounts, but I understand your argument. Apparently he was very angry (which is important as it gives us freedom to be angry when justified) at those that would profit from the worship of the Creator. Indeed it is all a test for us all to work out as best we can. I would be far happier if you pass it than fail and do not even know you, but I wish you well.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

I will not get into a long debate. Let me make this clear. JESUS DID NOT DO AWAY WITH THE OLD TESTAMENT HE CAME TO BRING BOTH TOGETHER AND FOR FILL SALVATION FOR JEW AND GENTILE ALIKE. the old is the new and the new is the old, nothing new is under the sun. Shame on you if you choose to pick and choose what you want, what we want is not what God wants. We think and feel in flesh not spiritually. We have been born into a corrupted sin-world-state and born into this world of fallen flesh/nature. What we want we will not get, what the Lord wants will happen no matter what you or I think. Also shame on you for not even looking for bible verses where Jesus validates old and new testament, here's a few.

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” — Matthew 5:18-19

“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)

“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law”

To separate the old testament from the new testament is a fallen/lukewarm state from human failure to half-heartly bring your self before to Lord, It's just the same as the money-changers luke-warm/fallen nature state in the temple and what did Jesus have to say about them....

Many people shall perish for sheer lack of knowledge. I really hope you see what I and others are trying to show, I really do. But I will also say this I have a strong feeling that no matter what you and arpmge are locked in your views no matter what is revealed to you. I just hope you guys get right and are present at the wedding of the lamb.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlessedLore

The old testament is a false religion, and yahweh/jehovah a false god.

God is not "jealous", "a man of war", or someone who demands blood sacrifices - that is the devil, not God.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

God is not "jealous", "a man of war", or someone who demands blood sacrifices - that is the devil, not God.

This actually confirms my feeling, the spirit in me and why I'am done in this thread. You pick and choose and have made yourself luke-warm and your fruits are not ripe. Funny you posted this as I just replied to borntowatch with this:

Many people shall perish for sheer lack of knowledge. I really hope you see what I and others are trying to show, I really do. But I will also say this I have a strong feeling that no matter what you and arpmge are locked in your views no matter what is revealed to you. I just hope you guys get right and are present at the wedding of the lamb.

I stand confirmed now with the others as God has used you to confirm yourself to yourself and others and you have shown us the works of your fruit wither you realize this or not. I really hope you get right with the Lord. I'm done in this thread, I will not cast my pearls before swine (those who neither see nor hear and are cast to great delusion). Unfortunately you have confirmed to us all now your luke-warm state and close-mindedness and your skill at picking and choosing. Good luck and I hope you eventually get but I won't hold my breath.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I am not lukewarm to yahweh. I don't like his wickedness at all and I hope he repents instead of seeking domination and control and trying to take over Heaven and Earth. He cannot take over the infinite and eternal Father of Mercy. yahweh already lost the moment he rebelled.

Worshiping your pagan "lamb" seeing Jesus as a human sacrifice for sins is mocking The Father.

Jesus said they sought to kill him because they happily do the devil's will who was a liar and murderer from the beginning,but now people follow the devil celebrating the death of Jesus calling him "lamb".

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I rebuke thee in the name of the Lord Almighty. May your seeds of false lies fall upon the rocks. May the fruits of your unrighteousness dry up and shrivel. Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord! May the Lord judge you accordingly! Turn ye now from your wicked ways! Lest Satan's hold on you be strong! Be wary of the pits of hell!

Seriously though..

Every single Christian in existence picks and chooses scripture. It is absolutely the only way anyone can make any sense of it. It isn't guided by God, it's you guiding yourself. I guarantee you, that your fruits are no more or no less Biblical than anyone else in this thread.

Maybe ask yourself why your God is a hypocritical tyrannical insecure hateful bigot, disguising himself as an all loving, merciful, forgive thy brother character.

Do you ever watch crime documentaries or the like? The characteristics displayed by God are of the likes he should be committed and charged with war crimes.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Try this:

The Old Testament is a set of books. yahweh/jehovah is a very contradictory and inconsistently depicted character in story and song.

A religion based upon a literal, concrete, and coherent reading of the Old Testament would be dangerous to be around.

For example: If I had been one of the characters in the story of the Exodus, and seen all the "delivered" people getting smitten by deadly disease, flames from the tent, ground openings swallowing whole families, etc. I would have snuck away from all that at the earliest opportunity.

I don't like his wickedness at all and I hope he repents instead of seeking domination and control and trying to take over Heaven and Earth.

The story character cannot repent or change his ways because "it is written". Romeo and Juliet are unable to change their plans either.
edit on 23-5-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

The old testament is the old covenant, the new is the new covenant.
There is nothing to debate.

There is no works righteousness, there is a calling to works.

No long debate, clearly you wont because you dont seem to understand the difference between the law of the OT and how it relates to today and the NT covenant and how it relates only to christians.

But hey, there is a hint, if you want the truth...
edit on b2015Sat, 23 May 2015 01:45:48 -050053120156am312015-05-23T01:45:48-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: BennyHavensOh
a reply to: Shamrock6

You are correct, no doormat but the Ultimate in Strength or better yet, Love...

Greater love hath no man....etc etc.

I would call it the ultimate in badassery before I would call it being a doormat.

Thats really sad, Jesus never came to be a badass as such.
He never pursued any form of aggression towards others

Do you understand the terms meek and humble, sadly you miss the cross in your desire to be winners

Go read the sermon on the mount, its the meek who inherit not the badass.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It is obvious from some responses here that people see forgiveness as a weakness. Saying such people are just "doormats" or renaming it as "badass".

Most people do not even agree that The Father is kind to the good and evil (Luke 6:35, Matthew 5:44-46). Many speak about "justice" or God's "wrath". They see forgiving God as a weak God.

They want to see God, not as a Divine King is forgiving and changes people through teaching them through His Holy Spirit of Forgiveness, but as a human king who just gives orders and punishes those who don't follow. God is called a King but God is not like a worldly king, but a King who is Forgiving, Fatherly, and also a Teacher who corrects others by teaching them rather than quickly getting angry lacking patience and forgiveness.

A real king is not like the worldly kings, he is not proud and nor a tyrant, but is humble and helping others. (Luke 22:25-26)

edit on 23-5-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
matthew 10:34

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. "For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;…

Have you been married?

I have.

The sword is equated to the tongue and what we speak.

Remember, this goes back to the idea of honor your mother and your father. Do you honor your mother and father who are not worthy of honor? It's a tough one.

But the variance, yes it is very real, even in secular families. Even secular families agree to some kind of parental honor. How does one give honor to family if a family member isn't doing good?

Blood is not thicker than water, contrary to what people think. That's why there are mothers and fathers saying nothing to sons about their activities and then laying on the daughter a different double standard.

But parental honor has its limits, Jesus was saying this.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I rebuke thee in the name of the Lord Almighty. May your seeds of false lies fall upon the rocks. May the fruits of your unrighteousness dry up and shrivel. Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord! May the Lord judge you accordingly! Turn ye now from your wicked ways! Lest Satan's hold on you be strong! Be wary of the pits of hell!

Seriously though..

Every single Christian in existence picks and chooses scripture. It is absolutely the only way anyone can make any sense of it. It isn't guided by God, it's you guiding yourself. I guarantee you, that your fruits are no more or no less Biblical than anyone else in this thread.

Maybe ask yourself why your God is a hypocritical tyrannical insecure hateful bigot, disguising himself as an all loving, merciful, forgive thy brother character.

Do you ever watch crime documentaries or the like? The characteristics displayed by God are of the likes he should be committed and charged with war crimes.

Maybe that expresses how some fathers are?

Some fathers are indeed very cruel and very loving at the same time. It's true, I've seen it.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Now now. I know taking things out of context and putting your own interpretation on them is your "thing" but since you quite clearly bastardized one of my comments, I'm going to call it out.

I never said forgiveness was badass. I said going to one's death, knowing full well that one was going to die, to save others was badass. Because it is, and it has nothing to do with forgiveness.

I'm not the bible. You don't get to pick and choose what words of mine to believe in and which ones to throw out the window. You don't need to interpret anything beyond what I've said.

Buffet style religion sure is convenient, isn't it? Take care now!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

These verses teach that violence is always wrong. If people actually followed these verses there would be no wars, there would be peace. Violence brings violence. Peace brings peace.

Violence is always wrong? What I believe you meant to say is that if all people loved one another then that would bring peace.

Love your enemies, pray for them for those who use you and hurt (persecute) you, if you only love those who love you, then what is your reward?:

What do you mean by love your enemies? Love your enemies simply mean to leave them in peace and hope that they will do the same to you. It doesn't mean to kiss them and allow them to kill your family and jump through hoops at their every intent. That is insanity to say the least.

Do you have power to forgive sins and give eternal life? I hardly think so. You have the power to forgive those who do you wrong but you don't have the power to forgive those who do me wrong and you do not have the power to forgive those who do God wrong. If you did then we could lock up hell and throw the keys away. You love mom and dad? And you think that this tells you to love a guy that kills your mom and dad? That is insanity.

You think that Jesus is all love and kisses? You had best take another look at Him when He returns because you will not like what you see.

Revelation 19:11-18
(11)And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
(12) His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
(13) And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
(14) And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
(15) And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
(16) And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
(17) And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
(18) That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

Do you believe that Jesus would demand you do something that He would not do? You had best rethink this God is nothing but love thing. God is not just love. There is and will always be a hell till it is thrown into everlasting fire for eternity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join